• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy god jesus whaaaaaat

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • Very good observation there, Allstories. Venonat shares little relation to Venomoth regardless of the evolution chain. If Venonat evolves into Venomoth, it would lose its feet, unique red eyes, simplistic hands, and antennae. But if Venonat had evolved into Butterfree, it would keep its eyes, feet, simplistic hands, mouth, and antennae. However Venonat and Venomoth both share the same fangs, but not the same mouth. Besides the purple color, the fangs are the only similarity I can spot whereas Butterfree has many.

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    thiis a very interesting point, good for noticing

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I love how half the people on this thread are like "WTF, CATERPILARZ CANT TURN IN 2 BUTTERFLIZE."

But i agree,
    Venonant would've been a better choice for Butterpre-volution.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    About the remoraid-octillery thing, I think it's because remoraid is based off of a fish called a remora that has some sort of suction pad on its head, which would be similar to an octopus' suction cups on its tentacles. Just an idea. And venonat is a gnat, I believe, which is a flying bug like a minature moth, kinda.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • About the remoraid-octillery thing, I think it's because remoraid is based off of a fish called a remora that has some sort of suction pad on its head, which would be similar to an octopus' suction cups on its tentacles. Just an idea. And venonat is a gnat, I believe, which is a flying bug like a minature moth, kinda.

Ohhh... so that's what it is. The first time I witnessed it scroll across the top of my screen, I thought it was suppose to be a dust-bunny or something. No joke!
    When I was a little older, I figured "Ah, what the hell, eh?" and just kept on thinking it was a giant dust bunny xD.

But that is pretty stupid with Remoraid and Octillery. COuldn't they have at least had a squid like pre-evolution?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Oh, and Allstories, aren't we talking about a world of magical monsters where ten year olds are allowed to run around the regions on their own with no supervision? I'm sure Nintendo would be happy to make all logic in Pokemon flawed purposely in order to make a good game, but this evolution line must have been an error on their parts!
    Agreed.
    Makes me wonder why Rocket isn't just an organised group of paedophiles instead.

so now what exactly is venonat? im guessing a mutated grasshopper?
    Pokedexes call it a "Poison Moth Pokemon".

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I'll agree that the looks of Venonat and Butterfree are VERY very similar, but there's one other thing that struck me as odd; do Bees start off as caterpillars, too? (butterflies do start as caterpillars though, just to cover bases *winkwink* )

Answer to the question, which I slapped myself with, while I was typing up a reply to another thread, (go figure XD ) would be that you can't really go, based on the real world, because if we look at Girafarig; real Giraffes don't have Psychic powers, and Penguins aren't made of Steel.

But really, maybe Venomoth would have been better as the counter-bug for Butterfree, instead of Beedrill. Very likely either having Venonat completely redesigned, or switched to Butterfree's line, but in the end, we really can't do anything about it. Generally, "Where's the "Poison Moth's wings?" can't really be answered, because its a fictional world, that really only has clarification over the Pokemon species, rather than their looks and capabilities.

But who would have thought.. an oddity of the Pokemon world, in the first Generation. I'm surprised people didn't pick up on it sooner. XD It really is an interesting, and scary (in a fascinating sense) thing to come across. The Venomoth/Butterfree thing, that is.

Years
  • Although it is a great observation, I believe that it is only a coincidence that Venonat looks like it could slot into Butterfree evo line

Simply because of Butterfree's counter Pokémon, Beedrill. Both of these Pokémon have the same evo line, which consists of a weak worm-like creature --> cocoon type --> Bee/Butterfly type.

If Venonat was supposed to be in Butterfrees evo line, it would have an extremely unfair advantage over Breedrill.

E-mail Nintendo if you want, but I doubt they would tell you it is a mistake

But even if im wrong, and it is a mistake, there is no way Nintendo would admit it,LOL :P

vano-m

2nd year University student
    Years
  • Logically, Metapod should have evolved into Venomoth. Caterpillars turn into moths, and Venonat has all the same features as Butterfree.

between caterpillar & butterfly there one more phase.
    something like kokon or metapod.

anд venonат is soметнing veгу sтгаnge anд иnиsиa\ опе

Back