• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twin Horizons: The War-Torn World

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
  • EDITED! PLEASE READ!!
    RPing HAS STARTED!!
    (Rated PG13)
    Sign-ups are once again OPEN. SU's IN OOC THREAD PLZ!!

My first RP. Let me know what I can do to improve, etc.

ROSTER: (If I left you out, sorry, PM me)
    -me
    -nano5002
    -ninetails
    -luke the umbreon (name changed)
    -lugiafreak

The Players: Your characters are inhabitants of the Pokémon world, though other than that you have a great degree of freedom to design your chara. They don't necessarily have to be trainers, and they don't necessarily have to have Pokémon, but they MUST be from the Pokémon world. HOWEVER, keep it rational. I've gotten superheroes, half-Pokémon and such, but try not to make it too fantastical (well, for Pokémon anyway.) Things like breeders, doctors, engineers, or even everyday people. If you ARE going to make it a bit...unorthodox, PM me first, and I can help you work out the details.

Depending on how things progress, I MAY become a little more lax on this rule and allow late-entries to be charas from the war-world.

The World: The unnamed world where you awaken is one that is covered in constant warfare. Great nations control nearly every corner of the globe, and the world is devoid of Pokémon.

The Plot: You all awake after going to sleep in the Pokémon world the previous night. You awaken collectively the next morning on a hill overlooking a valley where a fierce battle has just finished. You (and your Pokémon, if applicable) must decide what course of action to take. You have a good deal of freedom with your character: will you stay with the others, or forge a path on your own? Will you work with the other players, ignore them, or even work against them?

Your goal, simply put, is to survive, though how you do this is entirely up to you. If you wish, you may break from the main group and go it solo (save for your Pokémon) or even work against the main group of players. You may opt to remain in this world, fight under the banner of one of the warring nations, search for the reason behind why all of you were brought to this world, seek a means to return...the choice is yours.

Should you seek diplomacy, there are three nations you need be aware of.

1) Goldain, a high-tech nation of glittering machines and wondrous technology. They were hit hardest in the war, and many of their once-proud cities are now nothing more than rubble. They are honorable fighters, but they are losing the war and, faced with eradication, they may resort to less-than-savory methods of victory.
    2) Truest, a large nation based on a mountainous island. They have a large industrial advantage, and they take full use of this. Truest is renown for its elite Air Force, and its dedication to the protection of civilians. Despite this, however, recent Truest attacks have become more and more indiscriminate.
    3) Kilian, the largest and most powerful nation in the world. They have the advantage in terms of territory, finance, manpower, and skill, but a large growing rebel faction within Kilian's borders have been causing trouble and hurting the war effort. There is talk of a planned military coup, and a forced end to hostilities.

Will you join with one of these great nations? Will you ally yourself with others? Will you go it alone?

Survive. That's all that matters for now. Endure the ravages of this land with your life and sanity intact. Worry about the rest later. And know this; life cannot be without death. To live, you may be forced to take the life of another.

You awake in what was until recently a city of Goldain; now, however, it is nothing more than a smoldering ruin. Perhaps searching through the rubble for supplies, survivors, and information might be a good first move, but that is entirely up to you.

The History: No one remembers when the fighting began. All we know is that, at some point, the things we needed started to run out. We shared what we had, and went without what we didn't. But now, things are getting desperate. Most of what we had is gone, and as for what's left, well, no one's willing to share anymore.

Now, all that matters is control. Control the people. Control the resources. Control the land, the factories, the seas, the air. Control the world.

Some of us managed to find a safe haven, little specks on the globe that none of the big nations bother with. But pretty soon, things will continue to run out, and they'll want the specks too. Total control.

Goldain was hit the hardest. They fought nobly at first, refusing to rely on highly-destructive superweapons, chemical warfare, or anything like that. They paid for it in blood, land, and lives. The glittering empire of machines, technology, and innovation was reduced to ruins, and they still barely cling to life.

Then there's Truest. The so-called 'People's Army'. They claim to protect the common man, but seeing that they've been leveling cities and executing civilians more and more lately, some of us are starting to wonder whether the 'People's Army' is really still for the people.

And Kilian. Great, omniscient, omnipotent Kilian. If any of these murdering countries will end up ruling the world, it's Kilian. They've got more guns, more soldiers, more land, more money...but the one thing they don't have is control, and in this world, control is everything. I've heard there's a growing faction of dissidents in Kilian, killing officials, raiding factories, and generally raising hell. I pray for them.

There are others, of course; there are always others who stand and try to seize whatever they can get their hands on. They're the underdogs, fodder for the great three. They will stand and defend themselves, but in the end, they'll fall, just like everyone else.

And the Havens. Sanctuaries, citadels, Gardens of Eden on the plains of hell. Places where those who run from war can go to live in relative peace; but as said before, control is everything, and it's only a matter of time before the big boys want a piece of Eden for themselves.

This is a hellish world. There are records, books, databases of less violent times, of times of actual peace. But, no one now remembers these times, and anyone who tries to bring them back is labeled a hopeless visionary.

I pray for an end to it all. An end to the hatred. An end to the fighting. At the very least, an end to my life.

I am a soldier. Do not ask where my allegiance lies, because that doesn't matter anymore. No matter where I go, I will have to fight. I will have to kill. Take the life of another to survive. That's the way of this world.

I pray.

NAME: Simple. What's the character's name? Full name or nickname optional.
    JOB/ROLE: Is he/she a trainer? Doctor? Gym Leader? etc.
    PERSONALITY: Describe the character's personality. Be as detailed as possible.
    APPEARANCE: What does he/she look like? Dress like?
    BACKGROUND: Create a background of the chara. If this chara has appeared elsewhere (another RP perhaps) summarize it in a few sentences, if you like.
    SPECIAL SKILLS: In this world, survival is everything. You can't rely solely on your Pokémon; you must carry your own weight. Does your chara know any special skills that might help? (Medicine, lockpicking, history, tactical knowledge, etc.) TRY TO KEEP IT ORDINARY. If you must give them more fantastic abilities, try to include some background as to where these abilities came from and/or how they got them. NO POWERS-GAINED-THROUGH-ACCIDENTS!!

POKÉMON: (put in spoiler tags please)
    NICKNAME: The Pokémon's nickname, if it has one. (optional)
    SPECIES: The Pokémon's species. No Legendaries!
    MOVES: The Pokémon's move set. Keep it reasonable and logical.
    APPEARANCE: Any special appearance traits? (scars, unique patterns, etc.) (optional)
    PERSONALITY: Describe the Pokémon's personality. If you have a lot, keep it brief.
    BACKGROUND: How'd you obtain it?
    SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES: Pokémon can have special skills, too. Does yours have any? Like before, keep it ordinary and rational if possible, or at least provide a good, solid explanation for them. (optional)

Last edited:
    Years
  • NAME: Briona "anai" Tai
    JOB/ROLE: Scientist
    PERSONALITY: nice and very tender hearted but easily angered, easily befriended, likes to travel with others, somewhat quiet
    APPEARANCE: brown hair a inch below her shoulder, brown eyes, white science coat, green t-shirt, kahkis, black boots
    BACKGROUND: Her parents, 4 friends, and her pokemon were kidnapped by a pokemon hunter. she teamed up with Shayla, Gary, and Latrel, to save them all. afterwards she became a scientist. She is close friends with professor oak, with whom she often had tea with and discussed poems.
    SPECIAL SKILLS: she is a part pokemon or someone who can transform into a pokemon (in her case umbreon) and even talk pokemon.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
  • SignUp
    Character Name: Starr Reever
    ( Nickname: Starr )
    Job/Role: Fourth of the Elite Four's Son (Rookie Trainer)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Personality:
    Starr is impatient, but kind. He usually gets upset for being annoyed and likes tapping his feet on the ground when he is in his -impatient mode-. He doesn't get really mad, but he is one that is very eager-- maybe too eager. He doesn't like waiting though. He doesn't have any friends, since his parents are overprotected and doesn't like him going on in the community.
    His hobbies includes reading about Pokemon (not like handbooks, but just reading stories, like Harry Poketter and the Half Blood Pokemon). He also loves drawing, and writing in his small portable planner. With this he carries a small notebook in his pocket, always reaching it to draw the magnificent views out there in the world.
    Appearance:
    Starr is around 4'11", which is kind of short for his age. He has brown eyes and black hair. His hair has a few bangs on the side with the rest of his hair lying down. He isn't athletic either (More nerdy than jockey). His hair isn't too smooth or too rough. Starr usually just wears his long brown baggy pants (with a gray belt), a comfortable blue shirt with a ocean wave on it, covered on the sides with opened-zipper gray jacket. His long brown pants have two pockets. One pocket holds nothing while his other one holds his handy notebook, which he draws interesting views and pokemon in it. The notebook is also a planner when he needs to remember important things like if he has to do something for someone. He checks it often.
    Backround:
    Starr was a average person that started in the Hoenn region. He'd be more average if he was athletic though. He always wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer, not do sports, thinking it was boring. The mom of the family supported me and encouraged me to do what I do more, like read and draw, except the dad was supportive only with athletic purposes (he wasn't so athletic himself either). After twelve long years of this, our family was still the same. Same good mom. Same bad dad. This continued until I was brave enough to ask my parents, "Mom, can I get a pokemon, please? You don't have to worry, since I am old enough to support myself." There was a long pause. My dad broke the silence, saying in his lax voice, "Why don't you let him go? It's good exercise." My mom thought a bit. I could see small forming tears around her eyes. "Mo-oo-oom", I said. She responded with a yes. She was still sad, but I knew deep down she was happy for me. She told me what to pack, and I packed it all up, after all. My adventure is finally going to happen after twelve long years of overprotection from my mother.

RP Example:
    (I don't have much experience RPing [first one])
    The cold air brushed against the edge of my cheek as I wandered swaying in the cold snow. Not to mention that Misdreavus was out cold in my hands. I would think it fainted, but occasionally it would sneeze or shiver. I shivered in the cold, trying to find a way out of this lost area, far from civilization, probably.
    The question was... how did I get here?
    I wasn't going to answer a question I didn't know. One day I was right before the Pokemon League, running out of Victory Road, and the next thing I know, a team of white suited workers with Bowl Cut haircuts put me in the bag. I didn't make a sound in that bag, after all, they'd probably hurt me if I did. After a moment of hearing muffled sounds, they dropped me in the middle of the snow lands, saying "They don't need you."
    I was thinking... who didn't need me? What did they do to me? Did they harm Misdreavus?
    One of my questions were answered. Misdreavus was in the front of my shirt, acting very startled and scared. I asked Misdreavus, "did they hurt you?" Misdreavus shook her head. "Good. If they did, I'll beat them up for doing it." Misdreavus smiled a bit.
    ... but still... who where they... and what what did they want?
    After these memories appeared in my head, I suddenly came back to Earth.
    And guess what.
    Land was seen.

[P.S. Sorry about the 3rd and the 2nd spoiler slot. It was being crappy. T.T]

Last edited:

Flax

Bang.
    Years
  • NAME: Spark Quint
    ALIAS: Voltman
    JOB/ROLE: Super Hero
    PERSONALITY: A young teenage boy with a sharp attitude, and possesses great admirations for world-wide super heroes. A devil-may-care person, he often challenges all supremacy without hesitation and shows off in extreme manners, usually endangering himself and others unnecessarily for the sake of his morale. Spark is brash and headstrong, so it is usually common for him to be underestimated as weak-minded or even stupid. However, Spark is in fact formidably intelligent much to the surprise of many, even possessing an uncanny knowledge of computers and electronics. Unfortunately, Spark relies on brawn rather then brain due to his hasty and aggressive behavior. He also thinks that being intelligent and logical would rank him as a "nerd" and wouldn't make him stand out as an interesting crimefighting Super Hero.

APPEARANCE: Spark is roughly 5'8". He has red spikey medium-short hair and golden large mischievous eyes. He has two attires - his average clothing and his Super Hero Costume as "Voltman".

His regular clothes often consist a simple red T-shirt and blue baggy jeans. He has a pair of running red and white shoes with lightning bolts colored onto the sides. He is usually seen wearing his trademark red baseball cap, always worn sideways (to the left). He always wears his SU Watch (Super Utility Watch), having access to his Super-ego form at all times.

His super hero form consists of a red stylized helmet with a black visor. A yellow blade shaped in a lightning bolt fashion extends from the forehead area. Some of his hair leaks out of the helmet through the back, though only a little can be seen. His entire costume is mostly red. The upperbody area of his costume has a large yellow V emblem crested on front - V most likely stands for Voltman. His shoulder pads are short white lightning shaped spikes that curve back. His legs are plain black and have very little protection, the same goes for his arms. He wears white and red gloves that have V signed on the backhands - these gloves appear to be rubber. He wears red shoes that look identical to his running shoes - except they're more blocky and significantly lighter.

BACKGROUND: Through his early childhood, Spark lived with his grandfather, a renowned professor named Dr. Genistein. It was during this period of time where Spark managed to pick up a few knowledgable facts about electronic devices. Spark, consider Genistein's official lab assitant (though Spark often joked that he was his "lab rat" instead) was often given the tasks of testing out his grandfather's gadgets and devices, most which were fairly bizzare and endangered Spark's life (miraciously, he managed to survive it all). Spark was eventually given the task of trying out a super neural enhancing powered suit that allows the user to manipulate electricity. However, before given an actual opportunity to test the suit - Genistein was captured by a group of mysterious grunts. In a heroic act, Spark activates the suit without learning the instructions and taking safety procedures. He forcefully transforms into the super hero figure known as Voltman. Without warning, Spark - Voltman accidentally warps through an eletrical current and teleports to another part of the world..

In a slightly deeper analysis of his life, Spark's school grades were usually adequate - though many believe that he could exceed everyone's expectations and get higher grades. Even Spark himself admits this. Spark had an average social life, though he occasionally makes enemies, usually picking fights with school bullies. Spark currently has a girlfriend named Susan, though Spark rarely mentions of her for unknown reasons.

SPECIAL SKILLS: He is able to transform into his super-ego Voltman at will by activating his Super Utility Watch via voice command - yelling out his catch phrase "Henshin-a-Go go Baby!". Utilizing his costume's special capabilities, Spark is able to manipulate and control electricity. His signature attack "Volteccer" allows Spark to transform into a electrical sphere and travel through high speed and velocity, capable of passing through solid matter, as well as ravaging all eletronic devices - major drawback is that he has TERRIBLE control over his movements, going so fast and all that. Prior to his costume's powers, Spark is also very agile and athletic - his speed often counters against his rather poor physical power, though often his body strength is usually not a huge concern in most situations - especially since possessing the power to control electricity. Another feature involves Spark apparently being able to travel through electrical currents as a means of transportation, although this has yet to be proven (several flaws involve Spark being at risk of "getting vaporized" or "accidentally turning into pure energy" through the eletrical currents). Spark's powers often backfire when coming in contact with water, where his electrical powers can hurt anyone severely without warning, including himself.

Last edited:

lorddarigarn

Bane of Optomism
    Years
  • NAME: Mora Takaimuesi
    JOB/ROLE: Trainer

PERSONALITY: Mora is an amazingly intelligent boy, and while he gives little thought to it, an IQ of 146 is enough to prove it. He tries to learn as much as he can, and has a capacity to simply absorb and recall information that can astound many. He is extremely strategic and analytical, looking for openings and opportunities whenever possible, and enjoys formulating tactics, sometimes for the sake of it. For these reasons, he has often been termed as a walking dictionary or computer, but he rarely gives any thought to it. He is rather inventive, putting together old ideas and information in totally new ways, though sometimes he can over think his plans to the point where the y are almost totally incomprehensible. He can be very emotional, and can sometimes display extremely deep anger, loathing or grief. He normally bottles it up, having learnt to keep a calm exterior, but beneath this calm surface his brain will be whirring, and eventually this built-up stress will snap violently if not alleviated.

APPEARANCE: Mora is a fairly tall boy, around 6 foot, of a slender build and with slightly pallid skin. He has deep, slanted blue eyes, narrowed down to a curved point at the tips. He has lustrous dark brown hair which he wears around shoulder-length, gently flowing down and back in numerous small spikes as if in a gentle breeze. While he normally puts it in a ponytail for convenience, he will often let it loose when at rest. His figure has the look of one who once had his ribs showing, but has significantly bulked out recently so that while he is still thin, he no longer looks weak or fragile He wears a black, tight-fitting jacket and trousers, the ends of which are sown back to form small cuffs. He wears tough leather thigh-boots, featureless save for numerous repairs after years of wear and tear.

BACKGROUND: Mora was born in Solaceon Town, a small community in the eastern shadow of Mount Coronet. While his mother was a trainer, his father was a retired breeder. From a young age, he would help to look after his family's Pokemon, taking some up to be almost part of the family. When he was about seven, he began to become curious about the life of a Pokemon trainer, and started to talk to his mother about what it was like. She started to host mock battles with her old Pokemon, and Mora instantly caught hold of the strategy and tactics involved. He was always very skilled at looking after Pokemon, and he grew to understand the feelings of his Pokemon to a much greater deal and form much more powerful bonds.

He began to spend long amounts of time thinking about what he might be when he grew older, and what sort of Pokemon he might capture. However, when he was 13, his father was killed in a mountaineering accident, a rockslide falling on him and the Pokemon that were with him. When Mora heard, he ran from the house, not to leave but simply to be alone. Settling in the familiar skirts of the mountains, he curled up and cried, simply pouring out emotion. However, he looked up as a small silhouette of blue light formed in front of him. Moments later, it coalesced into a small Ralts. It approached, rather timidly, and when Mora did not stop him, gently laid one hand on his arm.

Smiling slightly, Mora began to gently stroke the Pokemon's head. When he began to settle down, he made to return, but was surprised when the Ralts tugged at the hem of his legs. Slightly surprised, but pleased, he picked up the Ralts and took him back to the ranch. However, without his father, he no longer felt quite at home, and his mother was so tearful and depressed that she did little to comfort him. Eventually, Mora decided to leave and become a trainer, both to challenge himself and to give him something to focus on. The Ralts was registered as his formal starter Pokemon, know known as Thantos, and from there has been continuing to train and push himself further.

However, as he has grown older, he began to realise that his bond with his Ralts was reaching far beyond merely emotional connection. He could begin to feel Thantos' surface emotions, and likewise in return. Over time, this degree of empathy has developed into a telepathic connection strong enough that he and Thantos can actually communicate soundlessly over a distance. With those Pokemon he is familiar and close to, he is beginning to feel their emotions too, and has even found that he can project his own emotions and crude parodies of thoughts back the other way. It has been often that he has wondered how this will develop as he ages further, but he savours every moment of it.

SPECIAL SKILLS: Mora is a natural telepath, and while his power is only burgeoning at this point, it holds promise of fully blossoming with age and practice. In situations of great stress he sometimes subconsciously projects his emotions into his surroundings, though this has lessened as his control has improved. As he and Thantos have a powerful emotional bond, and Thantos is a natural empathy himself, he has learnt to communicate wordlessly from up to ten feet away, and in a more imprecise manner from a much greater distance. With those Pokemon he has bonded to and them to him, he can sense the outlines of their emotions and feelings from a short distance, though his power has not grown to such a level that he could do more than at this point in time, nor effect those with which eh does not bear an emotional bond. He knows how to look after Pokemon, and has an in-depth knowledge of their biology, preferences and the manner in which to care for them. He is extremely tactical, and can assess a situation in short order.

POKEMON:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would like to join
    NAME: Raptor (he doesnot like to reveal his real name)
    JOB/ROLE: trainer
    PERSONALITY: Raptor is a mysterious person that appears out of the blue and does not reveal his true name When he does appear it is not clear which side he is on. Raptor could be friend one minute and foe the next minute.
    APPEARANCE: Raptor looks like Red without his uh special suit
    BACKGROUND: Raptor was born to a rich family from Hearthome city. One day he and his parents were walking home from a pokemon contest and his parents were killed by a vey desperate person whose name is unknown.(yeah a little batman thing there lol)
    SPECIAL SKILLS: Has a special suit based on shiny Giratina which allows Raptor to carry items that help him escape trouble. Raptor is also skilled in strategy and knows a lot of history.

If I can have more than one pokemon I will use all three if not just the first
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

extra pokemon that will be mentioned but not used. Tyrannitar. Salamence. and Drapius the Drapion (may change that one though

Last edited:
    Years
  • You might want to check out this link. Plus, it seems a little unusual that you just happen to have Pokemon that can sense people anywhere on the planet, read minds and talk human when nowhere in their species is there anything like that capability. I'll leave it there.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116591
    Lucario can sense Auras
    the Aggron is a special one that is sort of psychic
    while Blaze is just like Meowth, he learned to talk.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • @DarkAngel: Settled via PM. Accepted.

@cookie: Accepted.

@Flax: Superhero? Odd, but I guess it'll work. Remeber, this is a war RP. not a kid's story, so he might be faced with some difficult decisions. Also, my chara is electric-based, too.

@lord: Accepted.

@lv99: Like Lord said, the pokemon is a bit too much of a stretch, sorry. The Talking Charizard won't work; some species might be capable of speech, but if there's one that ISN'T, it's charizard. IT can't even say it's own name. Change it, or ditch the talking part. Aggron, no mind-reading, or at least create a good reason for it to have that ability. Otherwise, change it to a more logical mind-reader or ditch it. Lucario is mostly okay, but tone down the power of the ability. Anything on the planet is WAAAAY too much. Limit it to, say, fifty feet or so. Expand the background and personality, please.

Normally, I'd say no more than one shiny, but if you fix everything up, I'll reconsider it.

Now, my chara.

NAME: Iyosuke "Iyo" Kamamura
    JOB/ROLE: (He thinks) Ordinary Boy (In Actuality) Genetic Experiment
    PERSONALITY: Lazy, unambitous, and unmotivated. He does whatever he feels like doing, and often ignores the consequences. He''s a little troublemaker; despite all this, however, he is very noble, and will never do something to harm someone else. He dislikes physical work and would rather spend all his time playing video games and reading manga. Because of his controlled existence, he is a little awkward around others. He's very naive, but can also be very intelligent at times.
    APPEARANCE: Short and skinny, with medium red hair. He typically wears either a white T-Shirt with the katakan for "GA!" on it and blue jeans. He also wears a green beret, and occasionally blue overalls. He has a tan, despite spending most of his time indoors. Despite his "modifications" he possesses no abnormal physical qualities. He has green eyes, and isn't in great athletic shape.
    BACKGROUND: Ask him, and Iyo will tell you he's just a normal boy who lives in a nothing town with a population of twenty, failing his classes and generally goofing off with his pals, Matsui and Maia. However, Iyo and his friends are not what they seem. In fact, Iyo, Matsui, and Maia are part of the top secret Project Noah. This project is designed to test various genetic modifications on humans and pokemon. The entire town, save for Iyo, Matsui, and Maia, are part of this project, and are fully aware of the trio's differences...even if they themselves are not. Iyo was artificially imbued at birth with DNA extracted from a Raichu (Matsui's mother, ironically) with the intention of giving a human pokemon-like abilities. Though Iyo shows no visible signs of his altered DNA, he posseses very strange abilities...abilities which he is becoming increasingly aware of...
    SPECIAL SKILLS: Iyo's DNA was fused with Raichu DNA, giving him some unique abilities. Although he cannot produce or store electricity, he is highly resistant to it, and can manipulate electricty as well as drain it from other sources. Iyo first began to notice these whe nhe did not receive a shock from a broken, but active, lightbulb he changed. He has also unintentionally shorted out two MP3 players to date. He hides these abilities from all except Matsui and Maia (ironically, everyone else in the town already knows much more about his powers than he himself does.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

*FireEagle DeWitt Jr*

The Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • NAME: Fire Eagle D. DeWitt Jr.
    JOB/ROLE: He is the new Cinnibar Island gym leader and a Team Rocket executive; his great grandpa was Blaine, the professor who hates Professor Oak.
    PERSONALITY: Fire Eagle's personality is quite unique in various ways. When he was born, his mom and dad thought that he was going to become a nice Pokemon trainer that loved to breed Pokemon and train them properly, but when he found out that his great grandpa was Blaine, the fire type gym leader in Cinnibar Island, he decided to join the Team Rocket and become Cinnibar Islands new Pokemon professor. Fire Eagle is also really nice when he is around his family and friends, but he is cruel and mean to people he don't know. His family was born with the knowledge of Pokemon battling and Pokemon cruetly. They know how to train their Pokemon hard and make them learn different Pokemon moves that they would never learn if an original Pokemon trainer made them learn their Pokemon moves. The other part to his unique personality is that he loves to draw Pokemon with a pen because he was learned how to draw perfectly when he was a young boy, he loves to train Pokemon moves they wouldn't learn at all, and he loves to capture different Pokemon that he never learned how to know before.
    APPEARANCE: Fire Eagle is 6 foot and 7 inches tall with black hair and brown eyes. Outside of the Pokemon laboratory in Cinnibar Island, he wears a black shirt with a red jacket over it, black pants with red lines over the sides, and white shoes with red and black lines across the sides.
    BACKGROUND: The background of Fire Eagle has come across many generations of Pokemon battling, Pokemon training, and Pokemon capturing. When he was five years old, his parents thought that he was going to become a nice Pokemon trainer that will train and capture his Pokemon with care and honesty, but when he looked in the books to find out that Blaine, the Pokemon professor was his great grandpa, he took a boat out to Cinnibar Island to talk to him about his past life as a Pokemon trainer. His great grandpa tought him that he was in the Team Rocket stealing other Pokemon trainers Pokemon, so Fire Eagle figured out that the life he was going to become was going to be his great grandpas life and then now, he has three very good Pokemon that knows various ranges of moves and he now owns the Pokemon gym and the Pokemon laboratory that is located in Cinnibar Island with his house.
    SPECIAL SKILLS: The special skills that Fire Eagle has and learned from his young age until now has alot to do with his family generation and his Pokemon he carries with him. When he was five years old, he knew how to draw Pokemon that he saw all around his house. When he was ten, he know how to talk to Pokemon in a special way that know one would know about, he also knows how to catch other Pokemon trainers Pokemon, battle them with special moves, and train them to learn the special moves that he would know how to destroy the other Pokemon trainers that want to earn a badge from him.

POKEMON: Shiny Charizard
    SPECIES: A fire lizard that looks like a fire breathing dragon.
    MOVES: Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Earthquake, and Fly
    PERSONALITY: Charizard personality is just like Fire Eagle's personality.
    BACKGROUND: When he took a boat to Cinnibar Island, he saw his great grandpa Blaine inside his Pokemon laboratory and when he was making a special experiment for his great grandson, he showed Fire Eagle a special and shiny Charizard.

POKEMON: Houndoom
    SPECIES: A dog with a hound look on its face with two bones has ears with a pointed tail.
    MOVES: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, Giga Impact, and Strength.
    PERSONALITY: Houndoom's personality is just like Fire Eagle's personality.
    BACKGROUND: While Fire Eagle was in his Johto traveling, he found a rare and special Houndour so when it evolved into a Houndoom, he knew that it would become a powerful dog from Hell.

POKEMON: Steelix
    SPECIES: A huge long steel snake-like with a sharp edges and tail.
    MOVES: Iron Tail, Giga Impact, Twister, and Ancient Power.
    PERSONALITY: Steelix's personality is just like Fire Eagle's personality.
    BACKGROUND: During Fire Eagle was traveling his Sinnoh region events, he discovered an island called Iron Island so he wanted to find out what Pokemon he would find in the island so he went deep inside and found a Steelix that looked really special to him.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • @FireEagle: Accepted. Judging from your chara, I take it you'll probably leave (and then work against) the group? (Don't answer, rhetorical.)

@cookie: Hold on, I want to get at least a couple more first. We'll say by at least Saturday.

Years
  • @DarkAngel: A Pokemorph? That's fine, I guess, but if she can transform, you need to edit it to include a moveset. EDIT: Also, she can't talk pokemon whiule in human form. Sorry. She can speak human in human form and pokemon in pokemon form, but no poke-speaking humans. She may speak human in pokemon, form perhaps. If she wants to hold a conversation with one or the other, she'll have to transform.

@cookie: Accepted, but edit out the double-signup. It takes up too much space.

@Flax: Superhero? Odd, but I guess it'll work. Remeber, this is a war RP. not a kid's story, so he might be faced with some difficult decisions. Also, my chara is electric-based, too.

@lord: Accepted.

@lv99: Like Lord said, the pokemon is a bit too much of a stretch, sorry. The Talking Charizard won't work; some species might be capable of speech, but if there's one that ISN'T, it's charizard. IT can't even say it's own name. Change it, or ditch the talking part. Aggron, no mind-reading, or at least create a good reason for it to have that ability. Otherwise, change it to a more logical mind-reader or ditch it. Lucario is mostly okay, but tone down the power of the ability. Anything on the planet is WAAAAY too much. Limit it to, say, fifty feet or so. Expand the background and personality, please.

Normally, I'd say no more than one shiny, but if you fix everything up, I'll reconsider it.

Now, my chara.

NAME: Iyosuke "Iyo" Kamamura
    JOB/ROLE: (He thinks) Ordinary Boy (In Actuality) Genetic Experiment
    PERSONALITY: Lazy, unambitous, and unmotivated. He does whatever he feels like doing, and often ignores the consequences. He''s a little troublemaker; despite all this, however, he is very noble, and will never do something to harm someone else. He dislikes physical work and would rather spend all his time playing video games and reading manga. Because of his controlled existence, he is a little awkward around others. He's very naive, but can also be very intelligent at times.
    APPEARANCE: Short and skinny, with medium red hair. He typically wears either a white T-Shirt with the katakan for "GA!" on it and blue jeans. He also wears a green beret, and occasionally blue overalls. He has a tan, despite spending most of his time indoors. Despite his "modifications" he possesses no abnormal physical qualities. He has green eyes, and isn't in great athletic shape.
    BACKGROUND: Ask him, and Iyo will tell you he's just a normal boy who lives in a nothing town with a population of twenty, failing his classes and generally goofing off with his pals, Matsui and Maia. However, Iyo and his friends are not what they seem. In fact, Iyo, Matsui, and Maia are part of the top secret Project Noah. This project is designed to test various genetic modifications on humans and pokemon. The entire town, save for Iyo, Matsui, and Maia, are part of this project, and are fully aware of the trio's differences...even if they themselves are not. Iyo was artificially imbued at birth with DNA extracted from a Raichu (Matsui's mother, ironically) with the intention of giving a human pokemon-like abilities. Though Iyo shows no visible signs of his altered DNA, he posseses very strange abilities...abilities which he is becoming increasingly aware of...
    SPECIAL SKILLS: Iyo's DNA was fused with Raichu DNA, giving him some unique abilities. Although he cannot produce or store electricity, he is highly resistant to it, and can manipulate electricty as well as drain it from other sources. Iyo first began to notice these whe nhe did not receive a shock from a broken, but active, lightbulb he changed. He has also unintentionally shorted out two MP3 players to date. He hides these abilities from all except Matsui and Maia (ironically, everyone else in the town already knows much more about his powers than he himself does.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    how do i put this nicely....Briona is NOT a pokemorph. She's a part-pokemon. It's a recessive trait passed down to her from her parents, a part-flareon and a part-arcanine. All part-pokemon have the same langauge capability. Just like whoever made the pokemorph thing up, i made this up. I REALLY hate sounding mean but...I don't really like it when people try to tamper with things i make. Even if i give my creation away, I get angry if it's tampered with. I gave my friend Katie a necklace i made once and she started to tear it apart so she could see what it's made of and i slaped her. PLAYFULLY ofcoarse, i don't hit my friends meanfully. But seriously, PLEASE. If you said yes I couldn't think you enough. Sorry, but if you say no i might join a different RP. I'm extremely picky. Once again sorry...

PikaPikachu

Great White Whale
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Here come the Pokemon!

POKEMON: Pikachu
    NICKNAME: Franklin
    SPECIES: Mouse Pokemon
    MOVES: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Agility, Slam
    APPEARANCE: Franklin's right ear tip is lighter shade of brown from the left. Also he has a scruff of hair that sticks of to the side on his forehead. (Much like Ritchie's Sparky.)
    PERSONALITY: A very charismatic and outgoing Pokemon. Many Pokemon can look up to Franklin and it is easy for them to follow him.
    BACKGROUND: (See Julius)
    SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES: Franklin has the ability to combine words (in Pokemon) and make his speech fluent and understandable due to his charismatic nature. He can also, to a small degree, understand humans. He leads a group of Pokemon (Currently him and Julius)

POKEMON: Sandshrew
    NICKNAME: Julius
    SPECIES: Mouse Pokemon
    MOVES: Scratch, Fury Cutter, Sand-Attack, Fissure
    APPEARANCE: Julius has a shinny tail which shows traces back to a shinny Pokemon in his lineage.
    PERSONALITY: Strong-willed and stubburn. Julius is also very strong. Intellectual when it comes to planning routes and battle attacks. The more military minded of the two.
    BACKGROUND: Julius and Franklin were both born in the Day Care Center outside of Goldenrod and have been together since.
    SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES: Has the ability to try and learn moves used against him in battle; within reason and can't always use it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    [Name:] Serafina Dawn (also goes by "Sera")
    [Gender:] Female
    [Age:] Thirteen
    [Job/Role:] Trainer (of average skill)

[Personality:] Sera is a bit peppy and enthusiastic, but not quite in a naive, childish sort of manner. She's an avid achiever (sometimes an over-achiever) who enjoys setting high goals for herself. Though stubbornness isn't a common trait you'll see in her, it becomes very apparent when it comes to meeting her precious goals. She won't take advice or suggestions very well; when Sera wants something done, it's her way or the highway. This can make her pretty bossy at times, though she isn't ever flat-out mean about it. She tends to mask any and all of the rude remarks and sarcastic comments she loves to make with a playfully happy tone. As such, Sera never really sounds quite so angry or rude so much as she seems innocent and joking. "Everything can use a coat of light sarcasm," as she'd put it.

Most trainers are known for their fierce determination, and Sera has plenty of that. She never gives up on anything, and sees any failure as a 'learning experience' rather than an excuse to quit. In reality she's an optimist, though she often talks like a pessimist. Perhaps that's because she expects several failures in any situation, though in the long run she's positive of success.

On a side note, Sera has a habit of using a bit of odd slang in her speech. Some of her contractions, double-negatives, and other slangy terms would drive an English teacher up a wall. She also has to have a nickname for everyone and everything; even her Pokémon's nicknames have nicknames. If she is referring to a Pokémon species, or a few other odd things besides, she'll almost always drop the last syllable of the name and replace it with a 'y' (for example, 'Bulbasaur' would be 'Bulby'… 'Lopunny' would be 'Loppy'…).

[Appearance:] Sera is noticably the smallish, skinny type. She isn't abnormally short, and she doesn't look anorexic or anything, but just don't expect her to be playing basketball like a pro or consuming huge amounts of food during one meal. While she isn't extremely athletic, she can run pretty darn fast. Her dark-brown, almost black hair is just above shoulder length. It's got a bit of a natural curl to it that keeps it wavy and somewhat coiled in places. She always keeps a light jacket and a small bag containing a few basic necessities (clothing, matches, Potions, a pocket knife...). As far as what she's wearing goes, it's normally just a T-Shirt and jeans or shorts, depending on the weather.

[Background:] Born and raised in Eterna City, Sinnoh, Sera was pretty much guaranteed to be a Pokémon trainer from the start. Why, you ask? Well… when your mom's a Pokémon researcher and your dad's a once-famous trainer who retired, such a "fate" would seem unavoidable. Oddly enough, Sera's father was the one who wanted her to wait a few years after the usual ten to start her journey. Her mother, on the other hand, wanted her to get out there and experience all she could as soon as she could. Sera ended up leaving home at the age of eleven, after she came home one day with a Shinx she'd found wandering about. Of course, her mother was happy with this, while her father figured he'd have to be pleased that she'd waited a year to run off, unattended, into the wilderness...

The girl had always loved nature and forests and such, however… Before really starting her journey, Sera spent weeks just catching and training Pokémon in the Eterna Forest, coming back home every now and then just because it was so conveniently close. Eventually Sera took an interest in collecting the Gym Badges, though. This served as an actual motive to travel, considering she didn't have a very impressive collection with that one shimmering Forest Badge.

Sera'd actually managed to get ahold of seven Sinnoh Badges before this whole alternate-world-thing happened. The night before the random event had been spent in Snowpoint's Pokémon Center. Three of her Pokémon that had been more seriously wounded in her recent battle with the local Gym Leader (Lucas, a Luxio; Alexandria, a Lumineon; Pooky, a Sneasel) were resting up. The other half of her party was safely with her… Unfortunately, that half happened to be the only Pokémon she brought with her to this war-filled new world.

Special Skill: Serafina has the ability to understand Pokémon-speech, and can pick up on the emotions of Pokémon (and regular animals, should that ever be relevant in this RP). This has probably developed from her living in Eterna City, spending practically all of her time in the nearby forest with Pokémon from the time she was old enough to walk outside on her own. Others tend to suspect that her parents had something to do with it… Of course, with her Pokémon, this ends up being a bit more of a constant pain than a gift.

POKÉMON
    Spoiler:

((Interesting plot idea, by the way. I can't wait to see how this turns out... =D))

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back