• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recycle Bin, why? ; ;

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Never thought I'd be making a thread in this area.. but, ah well.

So, I was just logging off for the night, shutting down my computer when I realized that my Recycle Bin isn't on my desktop anymore. Last I checked, if you try to delete it, Windows won't let you.

I'm not sure how long it's been gone, but I know it was there at least a few days ago. :/ I also haven't messed around with my desktop lately, either. I like to empty the Bin out every week or so, and it has to be in my computer somewhere. D: Hopefully it won't take three hours to empty out by the time I do find it.

Also.. for those of you are going to recommend searching the computer for it, already did that. Figured since it was technically a file/folder, then it had to be there somewhere. Yeah.. that was a no-go.

ily pc. halp? D:

Zet

Years
  • For Vista: right click on the desktop, select personalize, then select Change Desktop Icons

and I think that should also work on XP, I can't remember. Been too long since I last used it

Years
  • Yeah, you can find many script files on the net to replace the icon, although if you're using XP, you should try out TweakUI. It allows you to change many handy settings, including whether or not the Recycle Bin appears on the desktop.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I found it through searching for a very specific file on a friends computer today. xD; Eventually found it, it's just too bad that I couldn't check this thread sooner, since I was gone until 1am today. x__x;

Still, thanks for the help guys.

I should save this thread, in case my Recycle Bin decides to rebel on me in the future. :x

Back