• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon FIRE RED habitat editing.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
  • Hello guys, I am The_learner.
    Spoiler:

Tools you need:
    1. PGE (my suggestion)
    2. Hex editor (any)
    3. Free space finder
    4. Free time and a brain of course :P (a bad joke)

Learning the table:
    Spoiler:

Expanding the table
    Spoiler:

I would love to get feedbacks and know if this method is working for you :)
    Pls reply to this thread if you are not understanding any thing or you are getting any kind of error. I would love to help you out :D
    Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Excuse me, but I want to know what I'm doing wrong:
    I've expanded my habitats correctly. (I know this because I'm a "HEXpert", and when I open my rom on PGE or G3HS it works perfectly)

But my PokéDex habitats page is glitched, and when I catch a new PKMN the game crashes when the habitats page would be executed.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Regarding all this If possible can u show me pictures on how to do this since I'm a visual learner

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • Regarding all this If possible can u show me pictures on how to do this since I'm a visual learner
    Yeah wait pls ... i got your errors so i will go with pictures in this tutorial and possible i will even upload a video in youtube... :) just wait some time more.

Excuse me, but I want to know what I'm doing wrong:
    I've expanded my habitats correctly. (I know this because I'm a "HEXpert", and when I open my rom on PGE or G3HS it works perfectly)

But my PokéDex habitats page is glitched, and when I catch a new PKMN the game crashes when the habitats page would be executed.
    It should not have happened if you followed this process as nothing happened with me, but wait i will once redo the tutorial with pictures... hope that will be easier :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Yeah wait pls ... i got your errors so i will go with pictures in this tutorial and possible i will even upload a video in youtube... :) just wait some time more.

It should not have happened if you followed this process as nothing happened with me, but wait i will once redo the tutorial with pictures... hope that will be easier :)

I've found the problem, the habitats in my rom base wasn't repointed correctly, only 0x08106888 was with the 4C 2C 45 08, I've fixed it putting my new table offset on all 4C 2C 45 08 pointers.
    Thank you for the tutorial. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    but it is better if you change the pokemon with the help of PGE habitat editor
    What i suggest is you place the pointer in the page table then in that pointer simply put "01 00" if you check in habitat editor then it will show bulbasaur, then you can select the pokemon you want from dropdown menu. you need not play with hex by this method.

I know this is old but could you explain this? What pointer?

Back