• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Sapphire

How's the beta's difficulty? (I plan to buff up the Route 50 wild Pokemon)

• Perfect

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Could be harder

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
This looks great imo,you can work on the maps a bit more,make the plot twist here and there to make it more interesting but the story currently reallt atrracts my interst,lol,thats what i think..

For the maps,there is too much empty spaces around,maybe add few things here and there to make it look nice except that if you are aiming to do the original games type maps,then ok..

Hope to see more updates,
Signing off,
Feeling extreme 'Ace'

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
Hey nice hack though I think I read somewhere that FR/LG/R/S/E all are set in the same time which is 3 years before G/S/C/HG/SS/D/P/Pt but I'm not too sure.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I actually have quite a few ideas for plot twists, wait until you see some of your recurring allies against Team Aqua ;) And, the maps actually look pretty nice and full, but the screenshots rarely show these good spots because I like to screenshot scripts and things of that nature instead of just my maps. I just need to rewrite a couple scripts and finish up Walden City and I'm uploading Alpha 1.0.

Be prepared, the first aqua admin is BRUTALLY hard, you WILL need to catch and raise at least one more pokemon to win the battle.

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
Beta 1.0 is out now, the link is posted in the first post. I've thoroughly tested it so I don't anticipate many bugs, but please report them if you find them. Also, you can't enter the Subterranean Tunnel on Route 50, that's not a bug. The entrance area of the tunnel will probably be added next beta.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
one question
could you please make this an attached file? megaupload hates me...
this does look like an interesting hack though, so good luck :)
oh, and that bug you mentioned, you can fix that with block editor in a-map

PeregrineFig

Years
The strange thing is, I did look at the block in the tile editor, it has a 00 background byte, and it only shows the reflection with the fence pieces directly above the water. The same fence pieces above regular grass don't do this.

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
Quick progress update, I've been stalled for the last few days working on other parts of this hack. It took me several hours studying the hex workings of the behavior bytes, inserting a few multichoice boxes, and creating and tweaking the scripts for various things like headbutt trees. I just finished balancing the difficulty of what was in the beta, as I found it way too hard. I'm now continuing with the mapping of route 51 up to Triad City, the next town. Screenshots will be up tomorrow, and the next beta may take a week or more, depending on how much time I have to work. I also fixed the palette of the grass animation, so no more strange ugliness :)

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
If anyone is confident in their mapping skills and would like to help me, I need a forest map made with default FR tiles, using tileset 0 and whatever secondary one you desire, dimensions 42 by 46. I hate making these dungeon-type maps. Don't worry about the specifics, I just need 2 exits. I'll edit small parts to my liking anyway. You will be credited on the first post and somewhere in the ROM if you do this for me.

PeregrineFig

Years
Some (MAYBE all) of the 4th gen evolutions/pre-evolutions of earlier gen Pokemon will be present in this game, using the 25 empty slots.

bonsly.png

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I could do the mapping thing for you, but I'd have to know a few more specifics, like... Do you want the warps set in? What map would need to be replaced? Do you need wild Pokémon Data inserted? Do you want me to do this in A-map over a current map, or just make a custom and save the picture?

PeregrineFig

Years
I can do wild Pokemon, warps, other events, heck, even movement permissions myself, I just need the map itself drawn, and saved and uploaded as a .map file. It's going to be replacing Viridian Forest. Size of the map and tilesets used really doesn't matter. If you do this for me, it's a huge help.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I can do wild Pokemon, warps, other events, heck, even movement permissions myself, I just need the map itself drawn, and saved and uploaded as a .map file. It's going to be replacing Viridian Forest. Size of the map and tilesets used really doesn't matter. If you do this for me, it's a huge help.
Could I give you a .ips file with Viridian Forest overwritten and then you could change anything else? Also, is there a specific pattern you want the forest in, I'm really good with mazes, but forests are another strong point of mine...

PeregrineFig

Years
You can design the map however you'd like, it would be great if it was a little maze-ish. And, wouldn't the .ips overwrite the other parts of my ROM? (Although I can easily patch it to a clean FireRed ROM and save the map to a folder, so that would be fine)

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Actually, you can re-patch the ROM unless you were saved in Viridian Forest. And I was only planning to change the map and hand it over in the .ips file, I'm actually working on the map right now, Lol
EDIT: Here is the .ips patch

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
Uploaded a video of a little script. HyperCam put the little squares on the grass tiles, they don't look like that in-game.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Uhm, if there's a new patch I could get, that would be helpful... I got through most of the beta, and then I left for about five minutes while my nephews and nieces were over, and there goes half the files in My Documents... *sigh* PeregrineFig, if there are any update betas, I'd like one. Thx u

PeregrineFig

Years
I'm hard at work on Triad City, and once it's done, Beta 2.0 will be released. It has a large list of updates, more than just an expansion to the next city. I'm currently working on the game corner, and after that I'll make the gym-type area, then the rest of the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back