• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: pokemon rds

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2016
    Name: Pokemon RDS
    Story: You are a boy who starts a journey around the world and you want to catch all pokemon, but during the journey to complete your father's pokedex, you will discover secrets about Pokemon World and will fight with a secret criminal organization. They are trying to discover the secrets of the Pokeshrine, a mysterious place where one legendary pokemon rests. No one knows if this place really exists or if it is only a legend your objective is to find it first and become the best explorer in the world, along with the help of your friends and rival.

Story Events:
    Poliwrath Wills: The first saga in the story.
    In this chapter you will see your rival for the first time and you will teach your Poliwrath something important...
    My Chance To Catch Pikachu: It's a shorter event and you will gain a Pikachu.

The game is still in beta1, so I only have these events but in beta 2 I'll add some new stuff.

Features:
    -you start with Poliwrath
    -optional gym leaders
    -hidden letters {details in game}
    -side quests can change storyline
    -tournaments {BETA 2}
    -Pokemon Emerald protagonists are the villains
    Reasons to Play
    If you are tired of the classic "beat the eight gyms and elite four" style you should play this game.

Bug Lists:
    Please report any bugs.

Download Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/kffmjq8jotjs8jk/pokemon_rds_beta1.gba

Attachments

• pokemon_1451877370280.png
      pokemon_1451877370280.png
      5.6 KB · Views: 98
    • pokemon_1451877387960.png
      pokemon_1451877387960.png
      8.4 KB · Views: 68
    • pokemon_1451877393064.png
      pokemon_1451877393064.png
      8.3 KB · Views: 72
    • pokemon_1451877423730.png
      pokemon_1451877423730.png
      6.7 KB · Views: 69
    • pokemon_1451877471040.png
      pokemon_1451877471040.png
      10.2 KB · Views: 57
    • pokemon_1451877573076.png
      pokemon_1451877573076.png
      9.1 KB · Views: 55
    • pokemon_1451877614388.png
      pokemon_1451877614388.png
      7.8 KB · Views: 41
    Last edited:
    Years
  • in this game you are a boy who starts a journey to explore the world pokemon the game is still in beta version

Hi. While your thread does have the required amount of valid screenshots for threads in Progressing Hacks, the rest of your thread is very skimpy on details and information, and is lacking important conventions such as a features list and a more indepth storyline. I recommend you review the Progressing Hacks Forum Rules and edit the first post, or I will have to lock this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Years
  • i have incluide more details

I'd still argue that's way too little content. I recommend browsing some of the other threads in the Progressing Hacks section to get a greater feel for what neccessitates enough content for a thread to be made.

If you haven't yet developed enough, however, I can move this thread to the Beginner's Lounge as an [Idea] thread to give you more time to develop your ideas before moving it back here, if you'd rather that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2016
    sorry for not giving many details I'm bad in explanations i will try to put details later

Years
  • Well, in that case I'll move this thread to the Beginner's Lounge until you get the chance to develop it further. Once you've done so feel free to ask myself or Christos to move it back to Progressing Hacks! Good luck!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Uhmm, the thread could use some editing, scratch that, it needs a huge edit. I mean, all I see is mash of jumbled words in this thread. You could use proper spacing, proper letter capitalizaton and grammar... I'm not that great with grammar since English isn't my native language but yeah, it could really use some improvement.

And isn't it kinda off that your starter is already fully evolved? Besides the learnset, your stats are already too high for your opponents to handle... And I can't imagine a level 5 Poliwrath hahhaha

And the mapping really needs help, im not an expert in mapping but someone here could help you with that.

Also, you don't need a fancy presentation or css or whatsoever, all that your thread needs is a clean-up: proper spacing, capitalization, sectioning, and things that I probably forgot to mention...

But I look forward to your hack, it seems good but it still needs a lot of work. So yeah... Good Luck! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2016
    thanks and sorry for my poor ingles im from Brazil so my language is Portuguese i trying to use one online translator to help me hehe poliwrath is my second favorite pokemon so i make them the starter i know that's don't make senses hehehe

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi there. I like your ideas those of them that I could decipher but frankly, your presentation's a mess. At very least I'd separate some of the sections in your description so it's not just a massive wall of text.
    I'm not going to criticize your English because I get that it's not your first language and I admire you for trying your best at what you're doing.
    This, I will say. Your mapping needs a lot of work. I've highlighted all the tile errors I could find in your screenshots.
    Spoiler:

The biggest problem is that most of these maps are way to empty. In a Pokémon Route, it's important to lead the player towards a certain area. Routes are fairly linear in this game, and the tileset and game mechanics (such as Pokémon appearing in tall grass) are based around that. Your routes don't lead anywhere. I'd recommend reading a couple pages of the Map Rating/Review thread; when I started on PC I read through the entire thread (admittedly, it was a lot shorter then) and learned a lot from it.
    Good luck! Keep it up, improve your mapping and I think this'll be a potentially great hack.

and dear lord don't put emojis in please

Years
  • Spoiler:

I cleaned the thread up a little bit. Nothing special, but I fixed the grammar and made it much easier to read.

Back