• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Updating my challenge(has been a while)

-Fixed my emulator
-Caught up to the point where my emulator corrupted itself
-Raedu evolved into Torterra
-Got VS SEEKER
-Defeated Rival in Hearthome city [Video]
-Grinded Artya's happiness(27000 tiles on my bike with the help of a Soothe bell made it)
-Artya evolved to a Roselia
-Grinded Artya

Team:
Raedu@Quick Claw
Spr_4d_389.png

Lv 40
-Bite
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf

This beast is overleved. It's awesome attack+Earthquake makes it OHKO everything in his way. And if in doubt, Curse will up this attack even more.

Artya@
Spr_4d_315_m.png

Lv 27
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore

Still training her .

mattdaninja

Problem, Officer?
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Sign me up for Poison!

BTW, can I use an English translated version of Pokemon Green? I never played it and have always wanted to xD

ZeroBlade77

Defending Champion
Years
Can I take a hitch in this?! Im a pro with Fire types, the only ones I have problems with are Brock, Misty (ESPECIALLY MISTY), and one of the Elite Four.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive actually done this challenge before, but... I didnt record my progress here because I didnt know it actually existed :O. I beat my rival on FireRed using my ultimate FIRE move, BLAST BURN! I defeated the challenge in HGSS, DP, and I also did Emerald. I think thats the challenge right? I got HGSS with my Charizard, again, and I got my DP with my Infernape, my Emerald was won by Blaziken. If Im missing one, tell me and Ill do it right away! Ive got DP, HGSS, FR, and Emerald done.

Last edited:

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Small update, I've defeated Maylene[Video]

Team:
Raedu@Quick Claw
Spr_4d_389.png

Lv 40
-Bite
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf

Artya@
Spr_4d_315_m.png

Lv 27
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Change of plans; gonna go back and beat Brawly before being blasted by Bwattson.

Er, Wattson.

mattdaninja

Problem, Officer?
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Update on my monotype (poison) challenge!

This translation of Green is legit written in formal old English. Its hilarious.

- Got my starter (Bulbasaur)
- Blah, blah, blah Oak's Parcel blah blah blah
- Caught both Nidoran M and F
- Beat Gary near Poke League
- Got through Viridian Forest
- Beat Brock (Bulbasaur let's go)
- Evolved both Nidos before Mt.Moon
- Caught a Zubat and grinded him up
- Made it through Mt. Moon
- Just beat Misty and Nugget Bridge
- Bulbasaur evolved to Ivysaur
- Used Moon Stone on Nidorina

My Team so far: (No joke these are what the attacks are called)

Ivysaur lvl: 20
- Go All Out (Tackle)
- Chirps (Growl)
- Parasite (Leech Seed)
- Rattan Whip (Vine Whip)

Zubat lvl: 20
- Suck Blood (Leech Life)
- Ultrasonic (Supersonic)
- Bite

Nidorino lvl: 20
- Go All Out
- Gaze (Leer)
- Ram with Horn (Horn Attack)
- Poison Needle (Poison Sting

Nidoqueen lvl: 21
- Go All Out
- Chirps
- Scratch
- Poison Needle

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Update on my challenge.

-Got Dawn's Pokédex back in an intense easy battle against Galactic grunts
-Got to Pastoria
-Destroyed Crasher Wake [Video]

Team:

Raedu@Quick Claw
Spr_4d_389.png

Lv 43
-Bite
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf

Artya@
Spr_4d_315_m.png

Lv 35
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore

mattdaninja:These are funny attack names XD

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Got ROCKY to the same level as BOULDER, which was 34, after defeating many trainers. During my raid on the Rocket Base under the Game corner, both of them got to Lv.36, so I challenged Erika and won with a small bit of difficulty. Then I went and rescued Mr. Fuji, with BOULDER becoming Lv.39 and ROCKY becoming Lv.38. I then went to the route to the west of Celadon and defeated the Snorlax. Made my way to Fuschia, where I went straight to the Safari Zone and caught a Rhyhorn that I named PERIOR and got HM 03 and the teeth. Trained my team to Lv.40 and defeated Koga easily. I then flew to Pallet Town and surfed down to Cinnabar, avoiding all trainers, and revived a Kabuto, CUTLASS, and an Aerodactyl, STARSCREAM. I then trained those two to Lv.40 while liberating the Silph Co., with CUTLASS evolving. BOULDER got to Lv.42 during my second encounter with Giovanni, and ROCKY to Lv.41. I then challenged the Fighting Dojo, and got ROCKY to Lv.42. In the actual Gym, PERIOR got to Lv.41, so I used a Rare Candy on it to evolve it into a Rhydon. Now I am training CUTLASS against the trainers in the Gym, and then I'll face the trainers on the Cycling Road and the route in the middle of the path connecting Lavender and Fuschia to get it and STARSCREAM to Lv.42 to challenge Sabrina.

Current Team(I confirmed three of their genders):
Spr_1b_076.png
-♂-Lv.42-142/133/57/66-Tackle/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Selfdestruct
Spr_1b_095.png
-♀-Lv.42-54/162/83/45-Body Slam/Rock Throw/Slam/Dig
Spr_1b_112.png
-♀-Lv.42-154/126/123/52/50-Earthquake/Stomp/Fury Attack/Strength
Spr_1b_141.png
-Lv.40-110/109/106/75/70-Slash/Harden/Surf/Absorb
Spr_1b_142.png
-Lv.40-121/99/68/123/62-Wing Attack/Agility/Fly/Bite

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
3%20Badgers.png

Finally, I can use Rock Smash!

... just as soon as I get the HM!

Harden and Sand Attack made my Nincada unbeatable, almost. Lost once due to the Manectric getting in a lucky crit with Quick Attack. Second time through I literally struggled past Magneton, who came out second... *shiver*

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
IM BACK WITH BIG (Water Soulsilver) NEWS!:

- Beat all kanto-leaders.
- BEAT RED, WITH THE TEAM BELOW!!!And 14 Revival Hearbs, and ca. 20 Hyper Potions

Soul Silver Water Team:

Spr_b_g4_160.png
Croco/Feraligatr Lv. 54: Crunch, Rock Climb, Swords Dance, Waterfall
Spr_b_g4_195_m.png
Muddy/Quagsire Lv. 52: Surf, Earthquake, Rest, Sleep Talk
Spr_b_g4_171.png
Light/Lanturn Lv. 52: Discharge, Thunder, Rain Dance, Surf
Spr_b_g4_073.png
Tenta/Tentacruel Lv. 52: Poison Jab, Toxic Spikes, Surf, Screech
Spr_b_g4_130_m_s.png
Gyra/Gyarados Lv. 52: Rain Dance, Waterfall, Thunder, Hyper Beam
Spr_b_g4_131.png
Icy/Lapras Lv. 52: Surf, Perish Song, Strength, Ice Beam

Bold Moves were my best weapons against Red

News about Water Emerald and Bug Soul Silver will come next time

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
There we go, all updated! ^_^

Congrats to our latest Champion, Cardwell74! :D

I wanna start this challenge. Unfortunately, I am running GBA and GBC emulators on my iPhone to play any form of Pokemon. Sadly, I cannot find my copy of Diamond to play this on my actual DS. So even if I go through every game, will I be ineligible to complete this challenge? I'll probably be spending my next influx of money on SoulSilver for the Pokewalker functionality.
You can start your challenge, and finish it whenever you find yourself able to play the 4th Gen.

Can you make more than one challenge? If so, can I make a challenge for every type?
You can make as many as you want. Nobody has tried all 17 at once, because frankly, you'll need 17x4=68 games to play. Tis better to do them one or two at a time, methinks. ^^

But I won't technically be able finish the challenge, since I can't do the Generation IV Games? Also, this might seem strange, but I'm currently doing the Fighting Monotype challenge in Sapphire. Would it be okay if I finish that, and then begin from the beginning?
Others have done that, so it's fine.

I'm currently in Slateport City (@_@???), and I haven't reached Mossdeep City yet… so, unless Alakazam 17 has a problem with it (please don't), I'll be picking up from here. :D
That's quite a unique explanation, XD. And sure, go ahead.

I forgot to make a progress log for this challenge, but here goes:

Type: Dark
Version: Emerald

- Defeated Tate and Liza easily and won the Mind Badge
- Drove out Team Magma from Mossdeep Space Center
- Explored the dive areas on Routes 124 and 127
- Decided to head south to Pacifidlog Town and battle more Trainers along the way
- Currently traveling to Route 128

Team:
Shiftry, level 45
Absol, level 43
Sharpedo, level 43
Sableye, level 41
Murkrow, level 41 (traded from LeafGreen)
Mightyena, level 42
You have to start with the second generation games(as you're doing a Dark Challenge), and no trading is allowed.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Guess I'll go ahead and announce that I'm running a Bug Challenge now, too.

TRAINER's LOG
- Day 1
I, Sting, started my adventure in the region of Kanto today. I never really liked big and powerful Pokemon, though. Even Squirtle feels to be too big for my liking. I guess it's a good thing that Net chose to try and one-up me by choosing Bulbasaur. Poor guy. I feel sorry for him.

I have acquired two young Bug Pokemon within ten minutes of leaving Palette Town - A Weedle, who I have named Randor, and a Metapod that likes to be known as Sylva. Eventually, the two of them will be able to overcome the forest Viridian. My sights are set on the Pokemon League, but to get there I must first pass through the den of... well, let's just say that these little boys that haunt the Viridian Forest will feel ashamed to have dabbled in what I, Sting, will master. DABBLED!!

(There seems to be a scrawl of insane scribbling at the bottom of the page... Upon further inspection, you see the words "Wallace of the Green Fears the humble Nincada")

Last edited:

soulkaze

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
I just completed sapphire, it was a toughy.
I'm now gonna try Platinum

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
TRAINER's LOG
- Day 2

I, Sting, seem to have run into a snag. Randor is too frail to take down most of our victims on his own, and Sylva has no offensive moves. Three times out of four, I must retreat and heal without having scored a victory. If Randor had a guaranteed poison attack, it would be easier to train.

----

In other news, Loli and her team of Titan, Alicia and Nida are still in Mauville, trying to decide whether to go boldly forward or to take a short trip to Verdanturf first.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
I would like to begin this challenge. It seems like a lot of fun. I'll be using the Ground type, and starting on Pokemon Red, which I'll play on my SP. I don't think I've ever played red before... but I'm going to. I choose to use the ground type, and hopefully finish this challenge! I'm gonna call myself
'Durt'. I'll try and update my team here every two gyms.

Years
haven't had an actual update in a looooong time. it's a small one though..

I got tired of grinding underwater, so i decided to take on kyogre with my level 42 crobat. I'm glad i did.

Since MY crobat has god-like speed, he could start the battle by using confuse ray. With a lot of luck, he hit himself, which helped me with my next phase, beat him to a pulp with fly. After i flew up for the first time, he snapped out of his confusion and used ice beam. I thought, "Oh damn." I hit with fly, but he hit me with ice beam. My first though was, "Ok, who should i send out next..." But then, to my amazement, crobat had 5 hp left! I used fly, he misses his next two hydro pumps, and that's all she wrote. Next, Wallace, or what ever his name is.

Wallace lives up to his name.
He started the battle with his almost useless luvdisc. I start with my crobat. First move, confuse ray, and it hurts itself. next move, fly, hurts itself again, and BAM. its dead with a critical. Next on his lineup, sealo. I knew i was gonna have some trouble with this one. i used confuse ray and tried to spam fly, but he healed it. By time i got it back to where we were before, it finished me with an auroa beam thingy. Well, almost. I finished it with bite. Next, he sends out milotic. I confuse it and it blasts me with ice beam. i use a hyper, and it hurts itself, thankfully.. i fly, it snaps out, and i die in the next 3 turns.. Next, Muk. He with draws milotic and sends out whicash. i use sludge, instant poison, and die by earthquake. I send out swalot, he finishes the job, barely, and he sends out seaking. kills swalot, seviper poisons it, it dies. Final pokemon.. Milotic.. again.. It finishes the job seaking started, and i send out my final pokemon, weezing! My HM slave was still up, and weezing has terrible hp, so it was either do or die.. well, more like do then die, or just die. Self destruct, and that was the end of it.

My Current Team...

Fang/Crobat

Level 45

-Fly
-Bite
-Confuse Ray
-Wing Attack

Slime/Muk

Level 40

-Brick Break
-Minimize
-Acid Armor
-Sludge

Stomach/Swalot

Level 40

-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Stockpile(accidental)
-Sludge

Python/Seviper

Level 40

-Bite
-Poison Fang
-Crunch
-Poison Tail

Toxicity/Weezing

Level 40

-Sludge
-Facade
-Smokescreen
-Self Destruct

Now im gonna take a break(not that i didn't already) until i get a fourth gen game..

Years
I lied

Spoiler:

My Final Team...

Fang/Crobat

Level 49

-Fly
-Bite
-Poison Fang
-Wing Attack

Easily the best one on this team. Helped me get through a lot of tough situations. Didn't really want fly, but it couldn't really be avoided. On the next generation, maybe things will be different.

Slime/Muk

Level 48

-Brick Break
-Minimize
-Rock Tomb
-Sludge Bomb

Muk was most helpful during the elite four. Mainly because he was the only one who could learn brick break, but still. He kind of suck at first, but, when he evolved, he became one of the best on the team. Sludge bomb was a god-like move. Sucks that i could only use it for the E4. Oh well...

Python/Seviper

Level 50

-Crunch
-Poison Fang
-Bite
-Earthquake

Seviper was very helpful when training for the E4. Only for Crobat, Weezing, and herself. She also saved me in a lot of situations in the E4. She could have single handedly taking out Phoebe, but I had to the other some action, too...

Stomach/Swalot

Level 46

-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Shock Wave
-Sludge

Swalot was useful throughout the whole game. Even the one i got rid of because it had rock smash, It's a good addition to the team. Even though it never learned sludge bomb, like i planned it to...

Toxicity/Weezing

Level 45

-Sludge
-Facade
-Smokescreen
-Explosion

This was Weezings worst generation for me. Even at the end, he didn't kill anything with self destruct or explosion. His stats kind of sucked, and he didn't learn many good moves, in my opinion. He may be better in the fourth generation, but I'll never know till i PLAY the fourth generation. So I'll wait till then...

Since I don't have a fourth gen. game yet, I'm going to start my steel one on blue. I'll breed a magnemite in gold and trade it for some random.

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2010
Steel Monotype

I have decided to do the monotype challenge. : ) I'm going to pick steel type. Not because I get to skip Kanto, but because is probably my favorite type. : ) I'm going to do it on my Heart Gold since it hasn't been finished yet and I hadn't even made it to the second gym on the previous file.

I currently have one badge and am on my way to Azalea Town. So far;
- I started with Cyndaquil
- Beat my Rival & Named him Silver
- Delivered the Egg to Elm
- Traded over a Skarmory Egg from my SS, Hatched it, and named it Skarlet due to it being Female
- Went through Sprout Tower
- Defeated Falkner

Current Team;
227.png

Skarlet the Skarmory
Lv.15
Attacks; Fly, Swift, Peck, Steel Wing

HM Slave(s): Cyndaquil (Cut)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back