• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shell Drain

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
  • Pokemon – 13
    3 Tornadus EPO
    4 Tirtouga NVI
    4 Carracosta NVI
    2 Sableye

Trainers – 31
    4 N
    2 Professor Juniper
    4 Random Receiver
    4 Cover Fossil
    4 Heavy Ball
    4 Enhanced Hammer
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Crushing Hammer
    2 Super Rod
    4 Twist Mountain

Energy – 14
    4 Double Colorless
    8 Water
    3 Dark

Testing something that I saw on SixPrizes with some changes, but wanted input, if possible.

Tornadus is here to carry energies for a possible Tirotuga. Once set up, Carracosta can effective wall with his abilities while removing HP and remove energies with his attack.

To slow energy gain to a crawl, Hammers were added, along with Sableye and some Darkness Energy to recycle said Hammers back.

I feel it's cluttered with the Sableyes trying to gain Hammers back versus the Restored Pokemon mechanic and trying to support it, but I'd thought I'd give it a go.

Years
  • I think Sableye might be too easy of a prize and using it to recover a Hammer would not be worth it due to the whole waiting a turn to use it after recovering it. I think it's only a worthwhile tech if you find yourself coming up against a lot of DCE dependent decks.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • So should it just strictly be focused on using Carracosta to tank some hits (might throw in Giant Cape) and Tornadus to supply Energies?

Years
  • You really should be running the 4th Catcher and why is there no Switch in here? You need way more supporters as well. Max Juniper is practically staple and same with 3-4 N. Then people usually run Cheren / Bianca with a few Random Receivers. Aim to hit around 13/14 supporters (Random Receiver counts as a supporter for this total).

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Pokemon – 12
    4 Tornadus EPO
    4 Tirtouga NVI
    4 Carracosta NVI

Trainers – 27
    4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 Random Receiver
    4 Heavy Ball - Item
    4 Pokemon Catcher -Item
    2 Switch
    4 Twist Mountain
    3 Cheren

Energy – 16
    4 Double Colorless
    12 Water

Total: 54

Well, I took your advice Drakow. Narrowed down the Supporters. Also chucked Cover Fossil because I can just Heavy Ball them to my hand. I'm still relying on Twist Mountain too much, though. So I may add 2 back in.

donavannj, I'm unsure what you mean by a "starter", but I do agree maybe another few Pokemon could help,a s I freed up some pace by removing the Sableye and Dark Energies.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You have 12 supporters which I still think is a bit low but it's marginally acceptable now. A starter Pokemon is something you want to lead off with. Sableye is a good one for Dark decks though, not yours. Emolga is the most common starter in this format but he's not so great for you because he can't fetch out fossil Pokemon. So I am at a loss here. Tornadus isn't terrible for a starter though but yeah.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Ah, I see what you mean. There's not much that can really drag out some Fossils for a clean set-up. I guess Tornadus will be the starter, since he's supposed to help charge up Carracosta.

I bumped Cheren to 3 and added another N to make 4 but I'm trying to figure out what to fill in. I've been looking through BW-on sets, but I haven't found much.

Back