• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Script Generator

What commands should i add to script generator? (You can vote more than once)

• call function

Votes: 181 52.3%
  • jump function

Votes: 173 50.0%
  • return

Votes: 133 38.4%
  • skip new commands work on auto-adjusting the offsets (a challenge on my end)

Votes: 119 34.4%
  • copy a variable

Votes: 123 35.5%
  • copy a variable,but only if it's a 0

Votes: 105 30.3%
  • call an asm function (are u really gonna need that if ur using a script generator?)

Votes: 115 33.2%
  • wait for special to end

Votes: 131 37.9%
  • pause

Votes: 129 37.3%
  • check for sound/song being played

Votes: 132 38.2%
  • play a sound

Votes: 174 50.3%
  • play a fanfare

Votes: 152 43.9%
  • change the song you are playing

Votes: 151 43.6%
  • fade the song back to the maps default

Votes: 141 40.8%
  • fade into a new song

Votes: 154 44.5%
  • fade a song out (but not stop it, just turn the volume down for a lil bit)

Votes: 132 38.2%
  • turn the volume back up

Votes: 127 36.7%
  • diff warp variations

Votes: 138 39.9%
  • get players X/Y coordinates (i see potential for a built in script)

Votes: 146 42.2%
  • count pokemon

Votes: 167 48.3%
  • remove item

Votes: 159 46.0%
  • appear/dissaperance of sprites

Votes: 185 53.5%
  • change a persons OW sprite

Votes: 199 57.5%
  • show/hide pokepic

Votes: 168 48.6%
  • different flag altering variations (worldmap flags, trainerflags etc...)

Votes: 165 47.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    A SCRIPT GENERATOR!?!?!?!?!?! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! I'M NOT EVEN WORTHY TO LOOK IN YOUR DIRECTION!!!!!

Thank you for this tool. It should be very helpful. :D

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • LOLZ at the time of me posting this, you have one hundred and fifty posts, which after reading ur siggy, makes me laugh :P
    *ontopic*
    as always, thank you for posting ur positive feedback.
    also, if anyone has some suggestions for future releases, please tell meh.
    *notice*
    I think i'm gonna post my source code...(for lyiuhangjerry to look at)

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
    Years
  • This has helped a lot in scripting. Not only in doing things for me, but to help understand better of what the code actually does. So thanks for that.

Also, I wanted to ask if you were still going to update this tool? And if so, I have a suggest for the next release. x.x Can you add in some kind of fanfare script, or, at least a values list for it? 'cause I can't seem to find one. Thanks again. :)

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
    Years
  • i think, i've not done anything with fanfare, so i'll have to see how it works (but i think its just a sound...)

It is, but I can't seem to find a value list or anything in with the tutorials I've looked into. x.x So I'm kind of stuck. Thanks anyway. By the way, does that mean you'll be releasing future updates of this? :)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Yush, infact, i'm trying to make a gtk app, which will make it cross-platform. BUT there are a few problems
    1) I can't even get my menus to appear correctly consistently >.>
    2) I have absolutely no clue where to start on compiling while running linux
    3) I don't have a mac to compile on.
    The linux issue shouldn't be hard, there are tons of people who compile stuff in C on linux, i'll just do a bit of googling. But i'm not exactly going to go and buy a mac, their expensive O.O

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • With this tool can I add things like legendary events? By that I mean like how a person obtains Mewtwo etc etc. If so this will come in handy =) Also can it allow adding new gym leaders/trainers/rivals etc? I got a few ideas and need some things like that

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • *bump*
    before mods get mad, there is a legitmate reason for this bump: I have added another tool.
    Full Metal Palettes.
    To do list
    1) Full Metal Space
    2) (perhaps) A RAW file inserter
    3) if 2 get's done, several tools to convert things into RAW files....(pictures, midis' etc)
    4) Convert Script Gen to being cross-platform (which will take a LONG time)
    anyways, i'm about to re-boot into ubuntu, compile a copy of the program for linux users, and add a download link to that in the first post.
    also, could a mod rename this to "Full Metal Toolbox" ? or do i need to make a new thread?
    *edit*
    if somebody here has a mac, and knows how to compile things, i would like it if you would compile a copy of Full Metal Palettes for me...cuz i don got a mac.....

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • *bump again*
    Ok, full metal free space has been added, and i'm about to upload an update to the palette editor.
    BUG FIX:
    loading advance map palettes skips the first color in the file.
    please tell me what you guys think 'bout my new tools ^^

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • oootay everybody. I finally got a compiled version of the program for linux.
    How to use?
    download the file.
    right click->extract here (or to some where else if you'd like)
    open the extracted folder, and run the program.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I knew this would happen one day. -_-

Anyway, shouldn't you like just implement ALL of the functions in the poll or what?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • I knew this would happen one day. -_-

Anyway, shouldn't you like just implement ALL of the functions in the poll or what?
    Knew what would happen?
    and..the polls closed, not much i can do now...
    *edit*
    ohhhh
    heh, yea, i did add all of them (except for a few), but i removed Script Gen to help support all the people who are "hackers". Especially since there is an abundance of tutorials (even though XSE helper is actually how i learned to script) which should be plenty enough for somebody to get their grounds on scripting.
    *edit edit*
    ontop of that, SG's code was getting to be too long, tedious and buggy, so i just took it down, since i'm rewriting it anyways
    also, i have ev'd source, would you like me to upload and post onto ur thread? (or pm link to you if you'd rather)

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Major update to Full Metal Free Space
    Linux and Windows release are on first post.
    I'm working on a new palette editor, write now it's a console version. Eventually to be named 'pheonix' [will (hopefully) be able to do nice things to make color management easier like de/saturate buttons, brighter/darker buttons, and will [hopefully] organize the colors according to hue for easier editing later AND of course a better method to opening/saving palettes]
    At the same time, the geared sun is coming along (scripting) but it will be released way later. Maybe about mid-summer if I can wrap my head around it by then.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Full Metal Phoenix
    has been released again! The new palette editor supports GBA/APE/Advance Map/Paint shop format palettes. It has a simple user interface and is cross-platform. 256 color support has been added, and The windows update for FMFS has been released. Nothing major, it just allows users to enter 0x08800000 instead of 0x800000. Either way works, but now you don't have to worry. :D
    To Do List
    • Compile/Update FMFS and FM Phoenix for linux releases
    • Add support for bitmaps and png files in FM Phoenix.
    • Continue work on Geared Sun libraries.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • ... what? I'm sorry but 'PC Menu'
    PC can have many meanings
    PokeCommunity
    Personal Computer
    Pokemon Center
    just to name a few
    'send you to a hidden game in the package'
    what? packages are like patches if you're talking about Full Metal Packages...
    :\

Years
  • I mean the computer in the game, I wish to add an option to play a game that would be packed in the compressed zip file package that would be hidden within as told to whoever got it as a "requirement to run the game" but in reality a feature. I would like to do this in the script generator even though it has been discontinued what do I insert into the program so it will do that.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • I'm still not quite sure what the heck you're trying to accomplish. The user [player] inside of the game plays a mini game inside the ROM but you need an external .zip file? That won't work. GBA emu [and as far as I know, regular GBA stuff] doesn't work with external files... So to load a .zip file from the hard drive into the game is crazy talk. You would have to write a special emulator [which isn't really an emulator any more...] and it would be nuts o.o

Back