• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] My OU Team

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015

Let me make this clear. This team is far from complete and I am aware of it's many weaknesses. I am open to suggestions regarding teammates though I will say that I am eager to keep Cinccino on my team. This is because I love this Pokémon.

Also, please can you also take the time to help me with my in-game Cinccino team. You can do this by clicking the link in my signature. Thanks to everyone for their help in advance.

i: Let's take a look:

[RMT] My OU Team
    [RMT] My OU Team
    [RMT] My OU Team
    [RMT] My OU Team
    [RMT] My OU Team
    [RMT] My OU Team

ii: Let's take a closer look:

The Scouting Late Game Sweeper:

[RMT] My OU Team

Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    Jolly Nature [+Spe, -SpAtk]
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moveset:
    U-turn
    Rock Blast
    Bullet Seed
    Tail Slap

Cinccino, in my opinion, is a great lead. I realize he lacks Stealth Rock but I am willing to sacrifice that simply because he can hit most leads hard with one of its multi-hit moves. When Cinccino can't hit hard U-turn is available which deals damage and switches Cinccino out into something more suited to the situation. Having said that, I normally switch into Cofagrigus as he seems to have great synergy with Cinccino (Cofagrigus is immune to Fighting type attacks).

The Mixed Cursing Wall:

[RMT] My OU Team

Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Mummy
    Calm Nature [+SpDef, -Atk]
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef

Moveset:
    Mean Look
    Curse
    Night Shade
    Rest

Cofagrigus is on my team to perform three roles. The first; to protect Cinccino, the second; to wall sweepers and third; to trap and Curse threats. Night Shade is on the set to provide Cofagrigus with an attacking option that deals consistent damage and help Curse KO trapped Pokémon. Rest takes slot four to recover his health so he can trap and Curse over and over again. If I encounter a Psychic type I have the option of switching into Scrafty to take the attack. As I've mentioned, Cofagrigus has great synergy with Cinccino as not only can Cofagrigus take Fighting attacks; Cinccino can take Ghost type attacks.

The Special Wall:

[RMT] My OU Team

Ability: Shed Skin
    Careful Nature [+SpDef, -SpAtk]
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe

Moveset:
    Hi Jump Kick / Drain Punch
    Payback
    Rest
    Bulk Up

I use Scrafty to take special attacks as well as a Psychic type counter (he is a Dark type). Payback hits all that outspeed Scrafty hard with a base power of one hundred while Hi Jump Kick provides coverage against other Dark types like Tyranitar and Steel types like Lucario. In my opinion, Rest is essential on walls as it recovers its HP to one hundred percent. If I predict my opponent to switch out I can use Bulk Up to boost my attack stat as well as my defense stat by one stage each making his attacks hit harder as well as making him harder to take out. Cofagrigus works great with Scrafty also as I can switch into him when I predict a Fighting type attack. Added Drain Punch over Hi Jump Kick to provide Scrafty with a secondary healing option.

The Sub-Splitter:

[RMT] My OU Team

Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature [+Spe, -Atk]
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Substitute
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt

Fairly simple. Use a combination of Substitute and Pain Split until your opponent's Pokémon is in KO range then attack with either Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt hits Pokémon like Gyarados for quad damage as well as hits Normal types that Shadow Ball can't touch. Shadow Ball provides STAB and hits Electric types and other Electric resistant types for regular damage. Rotom is also used as a wallbreaker as it can weaken with Pain Split. I use Rotom to wear down opponents gradually instead of going for an all out attacking approach.

The Supporter:

[RMT] My OU Team

Ability: Thick Fat
    Careful Nature [+SpDef, -SpAtk]
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef

Moveset:
    Heal Bell
    Milk Drink
    Stealth Rock / Toxic
    Seismic Toss

Miltank acts as my supporter being able to cure the entire party of status problems such as poison, paralysis and sleep (really helpful considering Rest is ran frequently on this team) with Heal Bell. Milk Drink helps keep Miltank alive so I can keep making use of Heal Bell. I can't decide what is more useful. Stealth Rock gives me Stealth Rock support while Toxic badly poisons foes. Suggetions? Seismic Toss gives Miltank the option to attack (or if he is forced to with Taunt) and deal consistent damage.

The Special Sweeper:

[RMT] My OU Team

Item: Life Orb / Choice Specs
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Modest Nature [+SpAtk, -Atk]
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

Overheat
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Fighting
    Energy Ball

What do I really need to say? He's my main sweeper. Overheat hits Pokémon like Scizor for STAB'ed quad damage. Shadow Ball hits Psychic and Ghost types for super-effective damage. Hidden Power Fighting provides coverage against Dark types while Energy Ball provides coverage against Water, Ground and Rock types. I chose Life Orb over a Choice item so I don't get locked into a move late-game. What do you guys think about giving Chandelure an Expert Belt? Added Choice Specs for extra Special Attack (though, in my experience, Chandelure is normally my final Pokémon meaning I'm committed to one attack).

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Scrafty can't rely on Rest all the time to heal up. It's better to use Drain Punch instead of Hi Jump Kick as extra recovery. That, and HJK is way too risky because you seriously hurt yourself if you miss.

You can consider a Choice item on Chandelure. Sure, you'll be locked into a single move, but that's what switching is for.

Back