• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Deck Review] Is this Luxray deck list any good?

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Online now
    My experience with trading card games is limited to the online Yu-Gi-Oh! apps like Master Duel and the single-player mode of Pokémon TCG Online before the new app came out in beta. I know nothing about the current meta game of the Pokémon TCG, other than the fact that there's a lot of usage of cards that have the cost of "Your opponent takes two prize cards if they knock this titanic monster out." I literally started Googling for a Luxray deck. I'm more of a Hoenn & Kanto fan than a Sinnoh fan, but I didn't know what legal cards would be competitively viable for Hoenn, and I don't want the people at the card shop to think I'm a "Genwunner." I mean, there'd be no reason for them to be judgemental over my love for the first 151, but I want to go to the card shops to make friends. That's a whole thing I'm not gonna get into it.

Here's the deck list I found. I just really want some advice. Is this okay for a beginner like me? I don't plan on winning my first tournament; I just want to at least have a fighting chance and use cards based on Pokémon I really like. (A Flygon deck would be cool as hecc, but I don't think that's how the meta game works now. Plus, Flygon probably won't be legal once the SV format happens, right?)

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Online now
    I thought the format change was happening in September. I mean, obviously, I see the link is from TPCi, so I was clearly mistaken, but I sincerely thought it wasn't happening until September. My apologies.

Is it probable to change some things around and still have something reasonable, or would I be better off finding a completely new deck list on Google?

EDIT: I put together an Excel sheet to help me keep track of all this. If I'm reading this article correctly, some of the cards labeled "D" such as "Rare Candy" and "Boss's Orders" will be legal as long as there's a new version of the card with a "E" or newer. I assume that doesn't apply to the Drizzile card because it's not as simple (eg, Drizzile has a different ability/attacks depending on the card). Is that assumption correct?

EDIT 2: I figured it out, and I made an altered deck list in a spread sheet. I did have to replace some of the cards (obviously), but this deck looks nice as cheap as it is.

Last edited:
    Back