• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokemon Film!

Goombario64

Master of Galaxies
Years
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. This comes from my love of Diamond version and Smash Bros. Brawl, which both fueled my love for Lucario in general. Plus the fact that one of, if not, the first Diamond/Pearl anime episode I've ever seen was the two-parter involving Riley, Lucario, and Team Galactic. This movie would've been better with Dawn in it, but meh, at least May still had her non-adult voice. Plus the narrator being different was kind of a drag, but he only spoke at the beginning so that doesn't really matter too much. The moment when Lucario pushes Ash out of the way and sacrifices himself...man, that still brings me to tears.

As for a second favorite, I'd choose Darkrai, mainly for the awesome effects and the fact that Dawn/Ash had a big-time shipping moment. Plus, Dawn actually climbed that tower with Ash, instead of Ash doing everything himself.

Third favorite: The one with Genesect. The intense speed of Mewtwo Y and its fight with Genesect was astounding. I wish Mewtwo had the male voice, but w/e.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Lucario and the mystery of mew

Pokemon the first movie because it was pokemons hay-day i was like 8 and who didnt love mewtwo and mew throwing psybeams at eachother like DBZ characters

The New one was cool too i actually caught a goosebump seeing genesct and unova mewtwo battling on top of Times square and the brooklyn bridge

inzain786

Learning Before I Post
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
I love the first one. The short that preluded the film was the perfect example of how you should tell a story with no words. The film itself was amazing. Lot's of tear-jerking moments.
Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Pokemon 2000, and Pokemon 4ever. I can't choose between them, cause Lugia is my favorite Pokemon and thats when I knew i loved him! as 4Ever I felt it had a better story, but I have my reason why I like them equally. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would say Mewtwo Strikes Back. First time I had watched this movie, my eyes were completely locked onto the screen; I found it to be extremely interesting. It had many moments, which were all enjoyable to watch. One of my favorites would be when Ash was turned into a statue; when it happened, I was almost crying. d: Aside from that, I'm also a big fan of Pokémon 2000, Rise of Darkrai, Destiny Deoxys, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and Spell of the Unown. They're all great; it's hard to choose just one, you know?

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
My 2 favorite movies were definitely Jirachi: Wish Maker and Destiny Deoxys.
I enjoyed all the other movies, too, of course.

Elements1

Meh
Years
The one with Darkrai is the best, mainly cause Darkrai is my favorite pokemon but it was pretty good generally.

Years
My favourite is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - I loved it <3

My second favourite is Mewtwo Returns and my third favourite is Pokemon Heroes <3

Years
My Favourite Pokemon Films are Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew & Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

Back