• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Best Songs of 2012

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Disclaimer: I watched a lot of anime this year.

>Cinderblox - Sonata Arctica
I love Sonata Arctica. I love Tony Kakko. I did not love banjos until Tony Kakko wrote a song around one. The entire Stones Grow Her Name album was great and it shows that the band is moving forward and thinking outside the box.

>Namae no Nai Kaibutsu - Egoist
I've listened to this song every day at work since I discovered it and it's so good that it puts me in a great mood. The quality of this song is so high that it gives me the energy to push through an entire day or low-to-medium frequent amounts of physical labor. It's like magic.

>Chase The World - May'n
You have no idea how pumped I was for Accel World last spring because I had started reading the translations of the novels in summer of 2011 and it was going to be so exciting to actually visually see these events unfold. Then the first two episodes were leaked maybe a week before its first airing and my ears were graced with the (first) theme of what was, is, and will be one of my favorite series ever. I also really like May'n and she's one of the few artists I actively keep tabs on.

>Kimi no Yume wo Tsuretekita - Pet na Kanojotachi
This song just always puts me in a great mood because it's so happy. I'm listening to it right now, in fact. I don't think I've ever listened to this without smiling. It makes my daughter smile as well and when we watch the actual show on a Monday or Tuesday she claps along (although off-beat) with the characters.

Nippon Egao Hyakki - Momoiro Clover Z
It's just so fun to listen to because jugemu jugemu gokou no surikire kaijarisuigyo no suigyoumatsu unraimatsu fuuraimatsu kuuneru tokoro ni sumu tokoro yabura kouji no bura kouji paipo paipo paipo no shuuringan shuuringan no guurindai guurindai no ponpokopii no ponpokonaa no choukyuumei no chousuke

Honorable mentions are simple:

>Gangam Style - PSY
Both the best and worst song of 2012. I've said it before, but PSY's a great dude and I'm glad he succeeded so well (albeit a bit too well).

>Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
I don't have the heart to bash such an infectiously catchy song. I've gotten to sing it many times.

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I looked around for awhile and couldn't find any good songs from 2012. Sorry if I'm SPAMming but honestly, a retarded dance and a bunch of stuff most people don't understand and boom, you have a "good song". I just don't get it. Are there even any songs these days that doesn't have the word "sex" or a drug reference in it?
Looked a bit more, I could only find one that I liked, that was Still Swingin by Paparoach because from what I heard, nothing to do with the aforementioned topics and its pretty catchy. Delete this if its SPAM.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Here are my 5 faves!

5. Good Time by Owl City feat. Carly Rae Jepsen

What can I say? It is catchy to be honest.

4. Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato

Demi's dynamic voice just blows me away... Love it.

3. Some Nights by fun.

When I first heard it from Glee, I listened to it and just wow... :P

2. Lights by Ellie Goulding

Thank Syd for this one since when I saw her sig, it just popped in my brain and just loved it...

1. Die Young by Ke$ha

No doubt about it, It is one of my fave songs! I mean KE$HA OMG!

Honorable Mentions go to...

10. Domino by Jessie J
9. Payphone by Maroon 5
8. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
7. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk
6. Gangnam Style by Psy

There are more but I'm just lazy to write all of them... :3

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
>Cinderblox - Sonata Arctica
I love Sonata Arctica. I love Tony Kakko. I did not love banjos until Tony Kakko wrote a song around one. The entire Stones Grow Her Name album was great and it shows that the band is moving forward and thinking outside the box

Oh man! I didn't know they had a new album! I used to listen to Sonata Arctica all the time. I had to look this song up. It's really fantastic.

I dunno if anything can beat Wolf and Raven though.

I looked around for awhile and couldn't find any good songs from 2012. Sorry if I'm SPAMming but honestly, a retarded dance and a bunch of stuff most people don't understand and boom, you have a "good song". I just don't get it. Are there even any songs these days that doesn't have the word "sex" or a drug reference in it?
Looked a bit more, I could only find one that I liked, that was Still Swingin by Paparoach because from what I heard, nothing to do with the aforementioned topics and its pretty catchy. Delete this if its SPAM.

2012 was a lackluster year for music, but there's still some good stuff once you get out of all the mainstream top 40 stuff.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
In no particular order...

Blow Me (One last Kiss) - P!nk

Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding

We are never ever getting back together - Taylor Swift

Domino - Jessie J

I Knew you Were Trouble - Taylor Swift

Honorable Mentions:

Gangnam Style - Psy
Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia
One More Night - Maroon 5
Call me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I have a bunch of them, but if we filter, we get five.

My first choice would have to be Die Young by Kesha. I've always liked her, and I've missed her music. This song makes me dance, and I loooooove it.

Second would have to be As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber, not just because I'm a Belieber, but because I think this song is really great. It's catchy, and yeah, I like the Biebs.

I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift wins the third spot, for no apparent reason. The music video, tbh, isn't really what I'd like, but the song is beautiful.

Little Things by One Direction is fourth. The lyrics are beautiful, what can I say?

Hm, and Lights by Ellie Goulding is pretty good, too.

I have a bunch of them, but if we filter, we get five.

My first choice would have to be Die Young by Kesha. I've always liked her, and I've missed her music. This song makes me dance, and I loooooove it.

Second would have to be As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber, not just because I'm a Belieber, but because I think this song is really great. It's catchy, and yeah, I like the Biebs.

I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift wins the third spot, for no apparent reason. The music video, tbh, isn't really what I'd like, but the song is beautiful.

Little Things by One Direction is fourth. The lyrics are beautiful, what can I say?

Hm, and Lights by Ellie Goulding is pretty good, too.

Last edited:
Back