• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doronjo's eeeeevul plan mark 2~ (5th Gen OU rmt)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT,
    Then again it could of been a sunny day.
    Well whatever is was -- there ain't a bad time for evil~!

So before I start, you should know that I'm usually a defensive player... xD
    However, I'm trying a lot more stuff, including some more fast paced teams, which are a lot of fun to use! Anyhow, to my actual RMT:

-----

389.png

Deoxys @ Light Clay
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Standard Deo-S lead, except the purpose of this Deoxys is simply to activate Reflect and Light Screen for my party. It also has stealth rock for those random focus sash users, and taunt, so that I can prevent the opponent for setting up stealth rock, toxic spikes, spikes, etc, etc; so that Pokemon like my
    Volcarona could have a more chance of sweeping. Sure...this is taunt bait for prankster users, but ever since Thundurus got banned, it's not exactly a huge issue anymore. Well, I guess if they had a lead Whimsicott, (but what are the chances of that).

I guess the only leads I've had trouble with is Politoad, since I never know if its going to be a lead encore one, or a choice scarfed one, and Tyranitar, since well, it can 2KO with Crunch with reflect, though sometimes I taunt it, so that it couldn't set it stealth rock. I guess its a matter of what to do next. After Deo faints, of course I'd go straight to one of my sweepers. Normally, I'd go with Scrafty first, since it's a good follow up with Deo -- normally people would send in Tyranitar after they figure out I don't run Superpower.

-----

574.png

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shed Skin / Moxie
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch

Scrafty being one of my sweepers, does its job quite effectively with screens! Normally I'd go for 2 DDs, depending on which pokemon I'm facing; baring pokemon that have dragon tail, roar or other phasing moves. Drain Punch is good with Leftovers, for recovery, Crunch is it's dark STAB move, and Ice Punch is good against Dragons, or Flying/Ground types like Gliscor. The EV's are pretty standard for this. My only question for this is: should I put Moxie or Shed Skin on him for a ability?

See, I like Moxie because it does have Scrafty have a +1 attack stat after a kill; and it does usually at least net me one kill, so Moxie could just keep adding +1 attacks, then again, I've tried Shed Skin before and it really lets Scrafty set up more against things like a Thunderwave from a Slowbro, or a Will-O-Wisp from a Jellicent. The only problem is I'd have to set up a lot more, but still, it's not so bad with screens and Drain Punch for recovery.

-----

149.png

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - Roost

Dragonite is a big ol' bulky pokemon that is really use useful in screens~! It's usually a more mid / late-game sweeper, after my foe's pokemon has been battered and rattled up a bit. Dragon Dance is its set-up move, and Outrage is its STAB dragon move. I've tried Dragon Claw before, but it usually lacks power against bold Jellicent, or Tentacruel, which Outrage is much more power against them. With Lum Berry, it could cure any random burns, or the confusion from Outrage afterwords. Fire Punch is for Ferrothorn, though -sometimes- I considered Brick Break when I go against Rain-Stall teams. Roost is for recovery.

The EV's are standard for a bulky DDNite..I guess, though, I do wonder if there is a better EV set for this, like say, more attack EV's?

-----

593.png

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6
    SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Recover
    - Focus Blast

Reuniclus is a sweeper, usually great against stall teams. Eh, sometimes I felt this is out of place due to its speed, though it's still a pretty good sweeper. Calm mind is it's set-up move, Psyshock is its main STAB move, mostly for Chancey, or Blissey, whichever comes. Focus Blast for some Dark types that come in, though, Crunch still kind-of hurts. Recover is well, its recovery move.

-----

651.png

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 16 HP / 236 SAtk / 252
    Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    -
    Fiery Dance
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Bug Buzz

Sometimes I do use Volcarona as the first sweeper I send in, just to be in there before stealth rock is set up. Well anyway, Volcarona is a really good sweeper -- Quiver Dance? Obviously its set-up move, with Fiery Dance which occasionally does add to its special attack, so I won't have to set up as much. Though, sometimes I do experiment with Fire Blast with more power. Hidden Power Rock is for opposing Volcarona, or other flying types. Bug buzz is its STAB Bug type move.

-----

442.png

Bronzong @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs:
    252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Reflect
    -
    Light Screen
    - Gyro Ball / Explosion
    - Earthquake
    / Explosion

Annnd finally we have Bronzong; it's my secondary screener. It does help against sandstorm, the only thing I'm wondering is if I should put Explosion over Gyro Ball, or Earthquake; since it could help with the fast-paced play this team has. Although, Bronzong is a pretty tough attacker -- Gyro Ball helps out against Dragon Dance users, and Earthquake is for ground or fire types, with the screens, which makes handiling them easier without switching out.

----

Well, that's it! Evul plan number 2!
    All suggestions / advice is appreciated~ ^^;;

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The team itself is good; I just want to fix up your EV spreads a bit:
    Deoxys-S: I don't see the point in 4 Atk EVs if you're not using offensive moves; maybe put them in one of the defenses?

Reuniclus: Honestly, what's the point of having a Bold nature if you're only putting a tiny amount in Defense? Reuniclus needs the Defense EVs more than it needs the Special Attack EVs so that it can take physical hits more easily while setting up (252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk)

Volcarona: It needs max Special Attack to hit as hard as it can. The last 4 EVs go into its Special Defense because putting them in HP would make Volcarona's HP odd, making it die to Stealth Rock after switching in twice (assuming it didn't take damage both times).

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hai :D

I second what PlatinumDude says.

Use a Jolly nature on Scrafty to outspeed beneficial-natured base 111 Speed Pokemon like Tornadus. However, if you want to use an Adamant nature, than use 140 HP / 176 Attack / 192 Speed to make Scrafty hit harder (and a bit bulkier) at the cost of some Speed. Other than that, Moxie is generally better for a Scrafty that's offensively inclined. If you think Scrafty might need the benefits of Shed Skin though, try a Lum Berry.

The offensive Quiver Dance set on Volcarona usually runs Timid to outrun Celebi, Mew, and Ninetales-- but you mentioned you want to run your team offensively, so Speed may not be a big priority. If so, disregard.

Don't use Explosion on Bronzong. It isn't nearly as powerful as it used to be. :< Gyro Ball is your best option, followed by Earthquake / Hypnosis.

Good luck! :D

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Looks like a solid team without the use of weather!

DEFINETLY needs a rapid spinner though, I would suggest replacing bronzong for a starmie. You can forgo the offensive rapid spinner set, or a gimmicky one with reflect and light screen like you still want.

Starmie @ leftovers
    Ability: natural cure
    Nature: timid
    216 hp/ 40 def/ 252 spe

Rapid spin
    Light screen
    Reflect
    Scald/surf/thunder wave

You would still outspeed most pokemon while keeping up the hyper offensive team that you got there. Besides, volcarona and dragonite both dislike rocks on the field very much, while on the upside, helps deal with sun and sand weather inducers, scald still scores a super effective hit on both ninetails and tyranitar while hopefully burning the latter, which is very likely.

While being picky, volcarona would much prefer flame body than swarm, and do consider about running substitute over hidden power, as under a sub, flame body still works while not being susceptible to status, and while your quiver dancing your way to victory, the only two pokemon in the game heatran and jellicent, will be 2hkod either way.

Back