• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Music series

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Long term idea and plan, and open to a lot of collaboration here too.

I want to try and get myself to learn more music theory on the side (just out of curiosity) and also examine the music of the series. I've got a few ideas on that, but here's some:

- Kanto tunes: going through and discussing the LGPE soundtrack as a whole, and/or discussing specific tracks and how they sound in different games and some interesting techniques used across them. Old example of the latter I could update for instance.

- Analysis of tunes by region: including say a totally scientific approach (aka my opinion) on which composer for each game has the best tunes. Would be interesting to see if say Masuda got better or worse for me!

- Reviews/highlights of covers of Pokemon VGM. There's a whole bunch of cool musicians out there we can highlight.

Let me know thoughts and any interest (or not) in reading or writing on such articles!

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Would be interested in reading it. Will it be focused on the main series or will you look into spin-offs as well?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Definitely interested in your opinions there. Multiple articles or a big one?
Multiple for sure. Some may be big.
Would be interested in reading it. Will it be focused on the main series or will you look into spin-offs as well?
I will certainly look into spinoffs. I may even port/update the old one I did about Tawada (composer for a bunch of the spinoff titles). :B

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to work on a LGPE soundtrack review article first, I feel. Just in general talk about the quality, highlight quieter counter melodies, take a few tracks and say why are good (or not so good), and anything else that comes to mind.

Next will be the comparing-specific-kanto-tracks article. 8-bit-music-theory has a neat video I'll include as part of the article, but basically how some places have been redone, especially in gsc/hgss (see OP for link to example on Viridian Forest only know I know some basic music theory wahoo).

Back