• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally! Trading is being added

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    YEEESS

FINALLY

AFTER SO LONG

I'm super excited to add some friends to my list that I work with... we can trade at work and such now, too. hohoho

Not thrilled about the stardust thing, I don't play enough to have a lotta that, but I'm trying to be more active, so hopefully it won't get in the way much. ><

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm thinking it's time to get a new phone so I can play Pokemon Go. I've been wanting trading as an excuse to get a new phone tbh

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I can't wait to try this trading thing out. Though I think it will just be like the normal games. Spoofers will be just like hackers...ruin it for everyone.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I already have a friend who's planning to hit up all his overseas friends for Mr. Mimes. That's his one motivation for trading.

I will admit, I want an Arcanine. LIKE A LOT. I wanted to raise my own, but I've encountered less than 20 Growlithes so far...

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • A million stardust and a best friend level to trade legandaries? The spoofers really got the standards set high.

Anyway trading is something I have been longing for, should be great.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So the updates have hit the App Store and Google Play? but they haven?t activated the features server-side yet. :(

I was excited, because I updated it, went to work, and me and some coworkers whipped our games out to add each other and were quickly like "aaw nvm".

I hope they roll out soon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It doesn't really make sense to trade for shinies you don't have because of the million stardust.

However trading for shinies you do have, to help finish the line would make more sense since 20,000 isn't bad.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The trainer level is set at level 30 for me? They cant be serious... it has taken me since launch to get to level 28!

It's a rollout, so it's quite possible it'll be enabled for Level 25+ in a couple days, then Level 20+, then probably 10+ and then 5+?

So spin some stops, smash some raids and use those Lucky Eggs, or wait, I guess.

Yeahhh, I'm fairly certain they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by disabling lower levels from using it. I'm sure they know not everyone has the ability to level often!
    I bet they just don't wanna overload the server all at once. I hear you, though because all my friends have it, but I can't use it yet.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That's actually awesome, because to be honest if the goal of this game is to get people out to catch em all, it would enable too much sitting at home if you just trade for all your mons...

Though, I feel bad for my friend, because he was so excited to get Pokémon from the other side of the world that don't show up here much.

In that way it's a bummer, but I mean we have to find them here sometime, you'd think..

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • True.
    I did my first trade last night with a friend but something that was a bit of a let down is not being able to trade a Pokemon you haven't encountered before... why would I want to trade for something I already have?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The restrictions in which Ninatic has places on trading, mainly the distance, is dumb. If they had done it right, it may have stopped some spoofers from spoofing since they could now trade with their friends.

If they continue to do this, then they need to rotate the regionals so normal people can actually "Catch'em All" Otherwise, you have to be rich as heck and have a lot of free time, unless you cheat by spoofing.

Last edited:
    Back