• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Question... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Since these 3DS games are coming out this year, does that mean Pokémon is not going to make games for the original DS anymore? I am asking since I own a DSi that I have had since last Christmas, and probably won't ever be able to get a 3DS since my parents would most likely think that one DS is plenty (and it doesn't help that we already have a Wii, PS2, and PS1). :/ Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Pokémon spin-offs could still pop up on the DS but for any Pokémon game with "Version" in the title, yeah, that ship has definitely sailed. Besides, the DS has been treated with NINE game versions (from 2 generations). I hate to say this but there's no chance that Game Freak will still make versions on the DS.

Also, don't forget that the 3DS can do everything a DSi can do.

Years
Thanks for the replies guys...although my hopes are just a little bit shattered, even though I have seriously just started playing Pokémon White (and any other Pokémon for that matter) for the first time ever last Sunday, and I still have PLENTY of Pokémon games to play. I could sell the DSi, but my parents would probably think that my Grandma wasted her money on it for Christmas...and I don't know what their opinion about that would be. :/ I had gotten it at the time not realizing that DS games could play on it, and I knew that the 3DS didn't have the Flipnotes feature on it. Plus, I really wouldn't want to get rid of my PS2...lots of beloved games that we have owned over the course of many years are played on that thing (Spyro: A Heroes Tail, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, etc.). I also really don't care for 3D...but that is just my opinion. Oh well, there may be a VERY slim chance that they will continue the games on the DS...at least, I sure hope so...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Well, a 3DS version of Flipnote Studio is coming to the 3DS for free sometime this summer (and I think you can transfer your DSi creations over to it). The 3DS version gives you 6 colors instead of 3 plus 3D is available.

And I wouldn't call the 3D on the 3DS a selling point anymore. Yes, it's pretty cool, but that shouldn't be your #1 reason for buying it. The power of the 3DS and its library, on the other hand...

Years
Well, a 3DS version of Flipnote Studio is coming to the 3DS for free sometime this summer (and I think you can transfer your DSi creations over to it). The 3DS version gives you 6 colors instead of 3 plus 3D is available.

And I wouldn't call the 3D on the 3DS a selling point anymore. Yes, it's pretty cool, but that shouldn't be your #1 reason for buying it. The power of the 3DS and its library, on the other hand...
Ok, that's good to know. Thanks for that info! :) Well, someday I may get a 3DS, but for now I think I will just stick with my DSi...especially since it will probably take me a couple years until I completely finish all of the Pokémon games (since I have just started out). ;)

Years
Where are you? If you're in New York City, I can most likely hook you up with one.

If you aren't, then I would sell your DSi secretly, so that your parents wouldn't know. You'd still have to save up a bit of money, though. I would start now if I were you, Pokemon X and Y are just a few months away, and I also highly doubt there will be anymore Pokemon games released for the Nintendo DSi.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
BTW, all your cartridges keep their save data, so you can pick up right where you left off. Any games you downloaded from the shop, however, you have to buy again.

Cyclone

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Well DS is over 9 years old.

If they continue making games for such an old console, innovation and graphics will be stunted due to inadequate hardware. All the new games on 3DS seem to require far too much power to run on DS.

Guy

just a guy
Years
No need to echo what has already been said, but seeing as your questions regarding the 3DS have been answered, I'm just going to put the lock on this thread. If you'd like to discuss X and Y being made for the 3DS any further and the future of Pokémon, feel free to talk about it over in the thread, 3DS Exclusive - RIP Pokémon?

[ Locked ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back