• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hayai Kame High School (PG 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
"Geez...that's it?"

Akira sighed, lagging behind the class a bit as she carefully deposited her notebook into its designated place in her bag. One week at this school already and they still hadn't gotten past battling basics and standard status conditions. She supposed that learning the basics properly was important and all, but even so, the girl couldn't help feeling just a bit frustrated with how slowly the course was going. True to herself, she had undergone a vigorous self-study session one week prior to her transfer, only to find that none of the knowledge she had gone to such painstaking lengths to memorize was required yet. Typecharts, status and remedies, basic pokémon care, focused training to promote valauble attributes over unfavorable ones, all of this she had thought of as bare essentilas. She had expected a test! But instead...everything thus far had sounded like a big repeat, all that precious free time wasted, all those late-nights toiled...for nothing?

No, it hadn't been for nothing, she reminded herself, shaking her head in disapproval at her own thoughts. Repetition was a necessity of memorization; this was all just helping to give her a solid base from which to expand on to the real topics. The fact that all of this sounded obvious to her was a good thing, proof that her self-study was paying off. Besides, Akira couldn't help shooting a troubled glance at the solitary pokéball in her possession, with a partner like this, she would have to pull more than just her own weight here. 'Pokémon battling is as much the work of the pokémon as the trainer' the textbook had informed her. Hah, Maki had quite clearly not read that one. If she even could read. It had taken the whole of the week just to find ways to motivate the complacent little Makuhita into even listening to her, let alone practicing in any serious capacity. For all her good cheer, the fighting type sure was one lazy companion. And speaking of companions...she discreetly let her glance travel across the departing backs of her classmates, this big tournament was a double battle, huh? That meant that her success wouldn't depend just on her own performance, but that of her partner as well. What if she ended up paired with a troublemaker like that Tegeku guy? Or a daydreamer like Sorahane? Well, not that there was anything directly wrong with Sorahane per-say, but he was so...flighty. That, in Akira's mind, translated to 'unreliable', and she couldn't stand unreliable people. Or what if...

Come to think of it, she didn't really know any of these people, did she? She had been so wrapped up with trying to get used to the whole trainer thing that anyone who wasn't regularly causing trouble in class or otherwise drawing attention to thesmelves was largely an enigma to her.

"Ah well, no use worrying about that yet, I guess." she mumbled to herself, snapping to attention as she realized that everyone else - teacher included - had long since left the classroom and quickening her step to catch up with them, "The year's still young."

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
Max sat there while his sensei was teaching part of the types thing. Max wasn't confused that much. He looked down at Zigzagoon who was sitting there. Max was glad that Zigzagoon wasn't going to be dual type and he was a little bummed. He looked at the clock waiting for it to ring. "Brrrrrrng!" the clock rang. He was the first one to get out of class. Even though he didn't like school all that much he still got most of it.

Zig ran right beside his feet. He saw how hungry Zig was and hoped they had pokemon food there. Zig turned the wrong way towards the dorms and he had to go get Zig so that he wouldn't be in trouble for what Zig did. HE ran after him and found Zig rumaging through the garbage can i the hall way. "Ewwwwww." Max said digusted. He picked Zig up and walked with him down the hall. His breath smelled like week old tuna.

"I wonder what the staff has been eating around here lately." Max said as he turned towards the dinning hall. "Well anyway. If I can make some new friends here then maybe I'll be able to survive school." Max said. He sat on the bench outside the dinning hall to scrap some of the trash out of Zig's fur.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: Oh bother...

Pikalover10, you are severely below the one-paragraph minimum. Please fix your act up right now. I'd hate to slap a thread warning on an RP I myself am in, but rest assured that if the situation so requires, I will do it. << If your post is unfinished then for the love of all that is sweet and sugary don't post it until it's done. Seriously.

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
Years
sticking with altar ego on this, and this is for everyone, if your posting is inadequate, you get one warning, then your gone, thats it.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
(OOC: Hey guys! I'm the second moderator for this RP. Everyone's sign ups are looking good (though some are questionable). Like Slave to the Poke-Rave i will be playing as a teacher.)

Name: Ando-Sensei

Description: Ando is extremelly tall, at a towering 6ft 7in. He has a mop of brown hair starting to turn grey. Very muscular, he is known as bear man among his friends. He has deep brown eyes and a little hair on his chin. He wears a long green trench coat with fingerless gloves along with ripped fades jeans and tall brown boots.

Personality: Ando has a caring gentle nature, which contrasts his appearence. He is known to slow to anger but when he does look out! He explodes in a fit of rage, but when he does get angry it is usually for good reason. He loves his students dearly, but has insecurity about being a new teacher.

History: Ando comes from Kashikoi Kame but learned to be a teacher in Johto where he he was givin an egg. That egg hatched into a Riolu and soon became Ando's partner. After graduating from teaching school Ando returned home to work as farm hand on his family's farm to help them in their time of need. A stratigic battler, Ando has built an enourmous amount of trust in his Pokemon.

Pokemon: Lucario (Level 30; High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Flash Cannon, Force Palm)

Name: Hiro

History: Hiro was givin to Ando as an egg while he was studying in Johto. Traveling with Ando has made Hiro stronger than most Lucario.

Personality: Hiro is a fun loving Pokemon and is very relaxed. Not to bright, he trusts a little too much but makes a good friend.

Pokemon: Larvitar (Level 10; Bite, Leer, Sandstorm, Screech)

History: Larvitar was givin to Ando by the school and as such hasn't battled too much. However Larvitar can hold his own in a battle. He dosen't trust Ando yet but since they have been together for a while trust is starting to be built.

Personality: Larvitar is a bit of a baby, but can hold his own in a fight. Likes to be the center of attention he gets jelous easily. He has built a teacher-student relationship with Hiro.

Last edited:

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
Years
The cracking sound of a pencil breaking on a sheet of paper jarred Hotaru from his trance. He had been thinking of a new sculpture idea and, unknown to him at the time, had done a fine sketch of it all over his POKeMON types notes. The curves were wide and had a very rough contour to them and the "head" of it resembled his new POKeMON, Suzu the ponyta. He grabbed another pencil and added the final touches of bronze flames to signify the POKeMON's type and shoved it in his bag. Zipping it up, he looked around the room. It had happened again, he was too lost in his artistic dreams to notice that everyone had already left. How he actually kept up in class, most of his classmates couldn't figure out. Hortaru looked at the front of the class where the teacher's podium was located and saw the scratched-out notes on the chalkboard. Pulling out his drawing again, he checked to make sure he got them all down and then placed it back inside.

Hotaru hefted his bag up over his shoulder and rested it on his back while holding the strap on his right shoulder in his hand. The tote was incredibly heavy with all the belongings he kept in it. He couldn't bear to leave many things in his dorm. His philosophy is that he could get inspiration at any time and he needed to have his supplies at the ready to sketch it down and maybe even get the clay example molded out. Hotaru realized as the week went on that this probably wasn't the best thing to be thinking of in the middle of class, but he couldn't help himself. His passions tended to get in the way of his studies, being the cause of his enrollment in this school.

Peering at the door, Hotaru saw the well-dressed girl in the class leave and he almost jumped over a desk to leave as well. The door squeaked open on old hinges and then closed with a light slamming sound. Outside were the hallways of the sizable school where students were talking about and showing off their POKeMON. Hotaru wasn't interested in these conversations so he strolled to the door out to the grounds, catching some glances at his peculiar clothing and oddly graceful steps. Once he exited to the outside world, he peered up at the relatively cloudless sky. The late afternoon sun was beginning to set and he could see a flock of spearow and a fearow (obviously the leader) soaring overhead. Hotaru looked around the grounds to see even more students. Some paired up like couples, some in friendly groups, and others alone in more remote corners of the grounds. He payed little attention to them as he headed to the outside training gym. This place seemed to be a favorite of his. It was very open with all kinds of terrain and several battlefields for practicing.

A few minutes passed when he finally reached the gym. Walking to a grassy area, he pulled out Suzu's POKeBall and tossed it into the grass. A small popping explosion sound and a white flash of light emitted from the ball as it opened to let out his ponyta. The fire type yawned and the firey mane and tail on it's back ignited. She looked at Hotaru and yawned again. The week so far has made their companionship slightly better, but Suzu still had a very nonchalant attitude towards Hotaru. After finally waking up, the ponyta pawed the ground to find it was a slightly spacious grassy field. A new look of joy spread on her face and the fire horse galloped into the middle to graze.

Hotaru sat down in the grass and pulled out his sketch book from his bag. He was a sculpture artist, but his father always said a good artist must be versatile. Studying Suzu, he sketched the POKeMON in the grassy field in a very "frolicky" pose. Chuckling a bit, he looked back up at the sky.

"Suzu probably would never act that way... but it's nice to dream." he said to himself. He lied down on the grass and looked at the blazing red of the darkening sky. Hotaru decided to wait there until dinner time at 6:00.

Drifting to sleep, he dreamed of his new POKeMON. She galloped around a grassy field similar to the one he lied in and was, for some reason, surrounded by textbooks. Before he could find out the meaning, he was snapped awake by his ponyta nudging him in the side. Just as he awoke , his watch alarm went off and he looked to see it was 5:30 PM. He jumped up and looked around in a sleepy daze. Rubbing his eyes, he called his ponyta back to her POKeBall and ran to the dining hall. The air had cooled and it made the run a little more enjoyable for him. In a matter of minutes, he finally reached the doors to the dining hall and put his back to the wall, slumping down to catch his breath and wiped the sweat from his brow.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Kimi glanced between the notes that packed the chalkboard and her own notes on the exercise book in front of her; she was at a slight disadvantage... so she had to work extra hard if she was to get good grades.
The young girl had never been on her own for this long and was use to getting everything she needed to know spoon-fed to her by her parents. This was the first time she had attended a public school, she had been home-schooled up until now and she knew it would be a challenge. Firstly because she was no longer the only student, so she wouldn't get any special treatment and secondly because her father had bought her way into this school, she knew it wasn't fair to any of the other students and as soon as word got out she wouldn't be very popular.

Kimi sighed, dropping her pen upon the hard wooden desk. She massaged her right wrist, which was aching from writing so much.
She had taken down every last detail the teachers had explained in the past week and was already half-way through the exercise book.

Kimi stretched and with a loud yawn which disrupted the Sensei's teaching slightly, turned to the window as Yoshikumi-sensei said something about a school trip and a double battle. She ignored this as it didn't sound as important as the rest of the information and besides, Poliwag didn't like to fight.
She looked down at her blue tadpole Pokémon; he was glancing around the room sheepishly... sizing up the much larger and more intimidating Pokémon. "Poli..." he whined, but not in an annoyed tone... more of a depressing tone.
Kimi lowered her hand and patted the little Pokémon on the head, "Hey..." she said comfortingly, "Don't worry. You don't have to fight if you don't want to... I'll make sure of it," she assured with a slight smile.

Kimi looked to the front of the room and saw that Yoshikumi-sensei and the other students, save a few daydreamers, had gotten up from their seats and were exiting the classroom.
She grabbed her exercise book and shoved it neatly into her pink carry-bag. Extending a Pokéball she returned Poliwag and skipped out of the room cheerfully.

~~~~~

Kimi wandered down the empty hallway glancing into every room in search of someone... anyone. She had gotten herself lost for the hundredth time this week, she knew that it was nearly time for dinner... but the location of the dining hall had completely left her mind.
"Hello...?" she called, "Great... I'm going to get myself kicked out of this school just because my sense of direction isn't the best it could be."
All of a sudden she heard chattering come from outside, she ran to an open window and peered outside. There was a group of students, some she recognised from her class, making their way to the dining hall... hopefully.

Kimi didn't have time to second guess, she ran down the hallway and found the door which lead outside and, walking a few metres behind, she followed the other students to the dining hall.
"If I can make some friends, maybe I might be able to survive at this school..." she whispered to herself.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
Jadon chewed on the little pink end of his pencil, eraser bits were starting to scrape off in his mouth. Disgusting... He thought to himself as they stuck to his tounge, he promptly removed the end of his pencil from his mouth and wiped off the saliva with his sleeve. He looked down at his paper, he hadn't written anything, all class.

He just couldn't pay attention to this guys drabble! Jadon had other things to think about, things that ended up being not in the least as important, but much better in the subject of intresting. Jadon started to wonder if the teacher noticed he wasn't taking any notes, or anything of that sort, to atleast make it look like he knew what was going on he went on to write things down on the blank sheet of paper, they weren't notes relevant to the class subject but they were words that had been spontaniously figmented from the depths of Jadon's mind.

Jadon continued to somewhat daydream, hoping that the class would end soon and that he could grab a bite to eat, the young black haired boy was simply starving and the fact that he had martial arts practice later didn't help the present situation. Can't fight on an empty stomach... What was the name of this class again anyway? What was this specific class even about? Jadon scanned the back of his mind, thinking... Oh yes, this class happened to be "Pokemon Types 101" Jadon wondered if he should pay more attention, as this might be something useful to learn.

The young latino boy started to listen to the teacher, hearing about how types have the edge over others and vice versa. Jadon wondered what advantage his phanpy might have over another type, did normal type even have an advantage? He couldn't quite remember right now. Jadon started to ponder this, but just as he was reaching some actual understanding, a sharp ring pierced his ear, it was the bell to signify the end of the class period.

" Sweet." Jadon mumbled, he didn't say alot which made people tend to believe the jock stereotype about how athletic people wern't very intelligent. Jadon got up and put his stuff back into his bag, he could see that some people were still sitting, probably lost in their own thoughts, Jadon shrugged and headed towards the door.

Jadon made his way towards the dining hall, it may not been time yet, but might as well be nearby for when dinner DID start. He adjusted his trenchcoat and walked among all the other students.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
"Hmm... I already knew this, but repetition breeds knowledge." Said Chris as he left the classroom where he was immedately assaulted by two seventeen year old students.

"Hey, you newbie!" Yelled the kid holding Chris to the wall. "Aren't you a little young to be here?" Chris responded with.

"You aren't so scary, I've met people a thousand times scarier." Said Chris calmly before kicking the older boy in his 'sensitive parts'.

"AAAAHHH!" Yelled the boy as he fell to the ground. The other boy smirked.

"Heh, you can't beat me." Said the other boy as he grabbed his pokeball and held it up, but that's all he could do as another student grabbed the pokeball.

"Enough Jimmy, Derrick is already down and he has his own pokemon." Said the third boy, making the Jimmy gasp in fear.

"I'm sorry Clause-sama." Said Jimmy as he went over to help Derrick up. "We will never act without orders again."

"Will you stop that." Said Clause before turning to Chris. "Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble those idiots caused you."

"It's okay, but why did they call you 'sama'?" Asked Chris. Clause laughed at that.

"You don't need to know that, but I am a second year student. If you need help around here, you can talk to me." Said Clause as he motioned to his group to follow him. "Also, there are other students that may attack you, don't be too trusting." Chris nodded before heading to the dining hall.

"I wonder if my family is okay." Said Chris as he walked into the dining hall. Not many kids were there, but the ones that were had to have been other first years. And suddenly a boy in his year walked up to him and said.

"Hey, aren't you a little young to be here?" Chris looked offended, but remembered Clause's words and didn't talk to the kid. "Hey! I'm talking to you here!"

"Sorry, but I don't want to talk right now." Said Chris before walking away.

"Get back here!" Yelled the boy, but as he went to chase Chris, he tripped on his own foot and fell into a table, head-first.

(ooc: Yeah short, but I am not good with first posts)

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Ash looked out the window of her boat and saw the large island peak over. She sighed out of relief and collapsed on her bed. The trip had been long and tiring and she was glad that it was finally over. It felt like her goodbye's to her father and brother were weeks ago even though it was just that morning.

Ash soon heard the announcement echo over the boat that everyone had to collect their belongings and exit the boat. Ash didn't hesitate. She bolted off the boat at the first chance she got. When she exited, a woman was standing there checking off people.

"Name?" she asked.

"Ash," she mumbled.

"Ashley?" the woman asked.

"No, my name is Ash."

The woman just looked at Ash strangely before Ash walked off into the grounds of the school. She looked around in awe. The school was better-looking than she imagined. It was especially beautiful with the ocean scenery behind it and the energetic kids chatting while walking up the hill to the building.

Ash shyly walked up behind the gang of kids and stuck her hands in her pockets. She wasn't much of a social person and knew that this was going to make her new school life a lot harder. She constantly told herself to just "change," but it wasn't as easy as that. She had been shy all her life, and it wasn't just that easy to magically get chatty and fun around kids her age.

All the kids went into a room where a teacher introduced their self and then pokeballs were passed out to each student by random. Each student received a different type of pokemon, and Ash apparently got the grass pokemon, Bulbasaur. She would've called her pokemon out to meet it, but the teacher was still explaining things to the young pupils, including a talk about each of the trainer's type of pokemon.

Afterwards, Ash and the other pupils were instructed to head to the dining hall. Ash slumped her bag over her shoulder and sighed as she walked out. She looked down at her feet without any eye contact from the other trainers. She wondered how she could possibly make some friends as she walked down the hallway of her new school and home.

(ooc: along with Rubii Naruto. I seem to do better as the rp moves onward. I think it's just because it's open for more creation more in the middle.)

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
Years
Toby glanced at the notes on the board. Most of this was basic stuff, but that was because it was only the start of the school. Toby petted Volt, the little electric wolf restless waging his tail in apprecaition.
"Remember, 6 o'clock sharpish kids, in the hall'. Yoshikumi-sensei concluded. Toby grabbed his bag, and pulled it over his shoulders. Volt jumped into the open pocket.
"Come on, lets go do some training for a bit, then go get something to eat!" Toby said, ruffling the fur on Volt's head.
"Shiiinxx, Shinnnnxxx!!!", He barked in agreement. Toby exited the classroom.
------------​
Toby walked towards his dorm, Voltage running beside him. They'd had a strenuous training session and were heading back to the dorm. Toby hadn't really gotten to know his dormmates yet, but he'd only been at school for a week. Lost in his train of thought, he almost missed the Staravia flying towards him.
"Vallery! Is that you! You've grown so much!" Toby exclaimed. Vallery was Amelia's Starly.
"Star-avia!!! Star!!" She chirped.
"Vallery, this is Volt. Volt, this is Vallery. She belongs to my friend, Amelia." He introduced as he picked up Voltage, who had been cowering behind him. Vallery chriped. She had a letter, tapped to her foot. Toby pulled it off and opened it up.

Dear Toby,
Hows it going! We're all good! As you can see, Vallery evolved! It was right before a big battle with one of the Kanto Leaders. I've beaten all of them now, and I'll be going up againist the League after a well deserved break! And guess what! I might be coming back to Hayai Kame!!
From Amelia;)

Toby grinned. He loved to keep in touch with Amelia. He checked his watch. He had time to write a letter, and send it off. Toby quickly wrote up a letter explaining the past week, and tyed it up.
"Here you go, Vallery", He said passed her the letter. He pulled opened his bag, and produced a few berries. "These are for you". Vallery globbled them up, before flying off. Toby checked his watch again. It was quarter to 6. He had better get to the hall.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
"Alright, where to start?"

Heaving her bag a bit higher over her shoulder, Akira let an appraising glance sweep across the students passing her by. Some were seniors, easily identified by their confident manner, important people to know in the long run, no doubt, but not the right place to start. No, where she should be starting was her own classmates; they were the ones she would be spending the most of her time with and one of them would also be her partner to come. But which one..?

It was then that she spotted her. Had it not been for the bashful manner and downturned gaze, the person could very well had passed for a senior; she was taller, stronger built than most too. More than any of these things, however, Akira noted that this girl seemed to be decidedly...alone. Despite being in the middle of a crowded hallway, the girl seemed to carry a personal sphere of solitude around herself at all times. No-one stepped up to talk to her, and she certainly made no attempt to talk to anyone, the girl seeming to make a point of lagging just a little bit behind anyone else. Akira knew this type; there had been one in her own class, a strangely off boy who always seemed to be scowling and avoided social contact like the plague. In six years of study, he was the only one who had not made a single friend, maintaining his comfort zone of one empty seat in every direction and blushing violently whenever he was addressed. His studies had been falling behind too, hence why Akira had gotten involved with the situation in the first place. He...hadn't intended to be rude, he had once bashfully explained, he just didn't get along with people; or, more specifically, people didn't get along with him. Or at least that was the impression the girl had gotten, it was hard to comprehend someone so lacking in communication skills at times. There was family pressure, she had understood, bullying too, and a serious lack of self-esteem. Regular tutoring had gotten his grades up to passing level (though just barely) and for a moment, she thought that they had been something like friends. He even left a 'thank you' card and promised to call her up sometime, but he never did.

Akira frowned, nodding for herself. This could very well have been a similar case, and unless someone intervened in a timely manner it could end the same way as well. An ordinary student would probably have just left it up to the sempais, but a class president of four years running did not leave her badge behind just because she was forced to hand it in, and so the girl headed towards the intimidating stranger with a determined stride.

"Um...hi!" she called, purposefully intercepting the Ash's route and offering her what she hoped was a friendly smile, "I'm Akira, Akira Sakuraba." she had to restrain herself from adding 'class president' out of pure habit, "I...think we're in the same class?"

Okay, so it wasn't as graceful an introduction as she had hoped, but at least it was something.

Last edited:

Slave to the Poké-Rave

Years
Yoshi hurried to the hall, having given his bastiodon a walk and a few rocks. He had a folder tucked under one arms, and his pokeballs hung at his waist. Checking his watch, he saw he had a minute, and walked faster, refusing to break his own rule of no running in the corridor.

++++++

The door crashed open as he hurried through. Smells wafted from the open kitchen, and some students were noticeably irritated by their hunger. Some didn't even seem to acknowledge him being their.

'Students! Students!' he shouted, getting their attention as he stood on the small raised combat platform the school had inside.

'Now as you all know, this school thinks that the only way true pokemon trainers can be taught, is too take them into the wide world around us. During the year, we will be going to every island in the Kame region some several times.' This caused a small ruckus between the pupils.

'Silence!' he shouted, silencing them, 'Now, no questions now. The first island we will be going to is Kashikoi Kame. I think the thick forests will help strengthen your pokemon and you could catch some of your first pokemon. The island is abundant in grass and bug pokemon, so be sure to root around. I will give you all three pokeballs when we get their, and you may then leave in groups of three. You may choose these yourself. We will be staying in a small rural village in the forest. Mind your language. You will be able to leave at 10 in the morning, and must be back by 6 PM. We will be taking a ferry from here. It has some low platforms, so you can try your hand at catching some water pokemon. Don't keep your hopes up. Now, I have someone to help me on this trip. Introducing, Ando-sensei. He will coming with us to help keep you under wraps, especially in your rooms on Kashikoi.' he finished, holding his arm out to introduce him to the stage

OOC sorry if you weren't in yet, but I need to move things along

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Ash entered the dining hall and sat down at a table quietly and carefully. Students entered chatty and loud as they sat down at their tables. Ash really wanted to join a conversation, but held herself back. She didn't want to look dumb by just butting in.

"Quiet, Quiet!" shouted the teacher. After a few moments, the room grew completely silent and all attention was on the man who told them some information about the new school.

"Now as you all know, this school thinks that the only way true pokemon trainers can be taught, is too take them into the wide world around us. During the year, we will be going to every island in the Kame region some several times."

Everyone grew excited, including Ash. They started up their conversations again until the teacher hushed them once more. He explained that they would be traveling to a part of the region in the morning where water pokemon live in opportunity to be captured. The place would be perfect to get to know your beginning pokemon.

Ash looked around the cafeteria and bowed her head with a smile on her face. "You know, who cares if I ever make any friends here," she said to herself. She pulled out the pokeball she had just received only moments ago and looked down at it. "We are going to be best friends, the best in the world," she mumbled.

After grabbing something to eat, Ash exited the dining hall and ran into an abandoned hallway. She quickly pulled out her pokeball and clicked the button. She was too excited. As the red light poured out, Ash couldn't help but be excited that she was going to meet her new partner.

The red light went away and Ash met her new grass pokemon, Bulbasaur. It was completely green with a large green bulb on its back. It had a small body that almost looked like a dinosaur's, but it had some plant characteristics around it too.

"Hi, Bulbasaur," Ash said. She smiled gleefully at the little plant pokemon.

Bulbasaur didn't smile back. Instead, it lashed Ash with its large vine making her jump back.

"Hey, what was that for?!" Ash shouted. The pokemon just grunted and looked away. Ash just sighed and patted the pokemon on the back. "Well, let's just go to my room together. Maybe we'll both feel better in the morning."

Bulbasaur walked alongside Ash until they both came upon the main hall. Bulbasaur then looked at its new trainer and smirked. It extended one long vine out and placed it underneath Ash's feet, making her trip over the vine and fall flat on her face. Students around her laughed and pointed at her and the pokemon standing next to her.

Ash didn't stand up. She stayed down on her face wondering how she got such a difficult pokemon.

(ooc: The inspiration for making Ash trip came from me tripping over a french horn case in band two days ago lol)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
((OOC: When we get to the island or whatever you will be telling us which pokemon we can get right???I hope so.))

Max had finally scraped all of the gunk out of Zig's fur and noticed that everyone was entering the dining hall. He ran in with Zig in his arms and called him back to his pokeball until they got back to their dorms and he would feed him there. He sat down and waited until they could get some food.

"Quiet,Quiet!" the teacher shouted at them all. "Now as you all know, this school thinks that the only way that true trainers can be taught, is too take them into the wide world around us. During the year, we will be going to every Kame region some several times."

Everyone grew excited and Max got so excited that while he was tipping in his chair he flew back and fell out."Owwwwwww!" he yelled. He got up and picked his chair up. He sat it down and then sat back down.

The teacher hushed them again and told them that they would be traveling to one of the islands that was inhabited by grass and bug pokemon. He said that they would probably be taking a ferry with low platforms so that they might be able to catch some pokemon. He explained that they would be staying in a town, he would give them each three pokeballs, and when they set out to get pokemon that they would be in groups of three.

Max got so excited that he foregot that he was hungry and wanted the day to end so that he could catch some pokemon. The teacher ended his speach and everyone rushed to get some food. Foretunatly though he was quick enough to get to the front of the line and got his food first.

He got a hamburger, some apple slices, some tator tots, and then he got chocolate milk to drink. He ate and then left the hall to go to his room. When he got to the main hall he called out Zig and they continued walking.

While they were walking a girl's Bulbusaur extended it's vine under her feet and made her fall flat on her face and this happened only a few feet away from Max. A whole bunch of people laughed and pointed fingers at the girl and her pokemon. Max didn't laugh because he knew what it felt like to be the person everyone was laughing at.

He ran over to the girl who didn't seem like she wanted to get up. He grabbed her hand and helped her ot stand up. He then got Zig to ask the pokemon beside her why it had tripped the girl. Max looked back at the girl and saw that she was wearing a black hat, a black shirt, and red pants. She was rather tall for her age and she had sharp serious eyes.

After helping her up he said "Hi. My name is Maximillion, but I'd rather be called Max. Are you okay from that fall? Oh yeah and what's your name?" He asked. They conversed and Max soon found out that her name was Ash and after making sure she was okay he walked to his door. He stopped at a vending machine and grabbed a bag of pokefood for Zig. When they got inside his room he opened the bag of food and poured it into a food bowl he had laid on the ground. He looked around and noticed that there was a single bed, a computer, and a lamp with a chair next to it.

He sat on his bed after putting his pokeball that was Zig's on the desk the computer lay on and his backpack that contained some of his favorite books on the chair next to the lamp. He took his hat and necklace of and then laid down. Zig had finished eating and then jumped on his chest. Zig ripped off Max's shoes and threw them on the ground next to the door. Max closed his eyes and soon both him and Zig were asleep.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
OOC: I thought we were meant to wait for Zimvee to post, but... seeing as everybody else is leaving, I don't want to get left behind.

Kimi squirmed in her seat, which was rather uncomfortable, but that's what it's like when you've grown up in the lap of luxury and suddenly you're flung into a place like this.
The teenage girl heard her stomach growl and rubbed it gently as she waited for Yoshikumi-sensei to excuse them for dinner.

"Now as you all know, this school thinks that the only way true Pokémon trainers can be taught is too take them into the wide world around us. During the year, we will be going to every island in the Kame region some several times." she heard the experienced teacher say as he stood up on the podium at the front of the hall.

Kimi listened intently to every word, she didn't want to have to have all of this repeated to her... that would be quite embarrassing.
Soon Yoshikumi-sensei excused the entire group of student and they all jumped out of their seats, running hurriedly to the dinner line. Kimi was slightly slower and apparently that was a big deal around here... she ended up being right at the back of the line and, by the time she had received her dinner, half of the students had already left to go to their rooms.

~~~~~

Kimi wandered down the dark hallway towards her room, good thing she hadn't forgotten where that was or else she would have been in for a cold night.
She reached her room and opened the door, stepping inside she glanced around... sure she had been living in this room for a week now, but every time she entered it still felt empty. But, that's probably because she was used to having so many possessions.

Kimi slid her carry-bag off of her shoulder and threw it into the corner; at least she didn't have to be neat around here.
She let Poliwag out of his Pokéball, she let him wander around the room and do whatever he wanted. The girl pulled out the seat at the desk and sat down, looking out the window at the cold night sky.
Suddenly Poliwag jumped up onto her lap and snuggled in warmly, "You can't sleep there..."

"Lights out!" yelled a familiar voice from down the corridor. It was Yoshikumi-sensei making sure that everyone was getting ready for bed.

Kimi grabbed Poliwag in her arms and placed him at the foot of her bed, "Now there's where you can sleep," she said sweetly.

*Knock-Knock*

"Are you getting ready for bed..." began Yoshikumi-sensei, but he stopped as if trying to remember something, "Uhm... Kimi? Kimi Tenaka," he finally finished.

Kimi unbuttoned her shirt, "Yes..." she started, "I'm just getting ready for bed now!" After that Kimi heard footsteps getting quieter, she grabbed her PJ's and stepped into the bathroom.

A couple of minutes later Kimi returned to her room, dressed in clothing fit for sleeping. She crawled into bed and glanced down at Poliwag, "Goodnight..." she whispered.

Last edited:

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
Years
Toby burst through the door, Volt charging through behind him. He looked around, and was relieved to see that Sensei hadn't arrived. He walked to a table, as Sensei came crashing through the door.
'Students! Students!' He yelled, grabbing everyones attention.
-------
Toby held back as Sensei finished his lecture. Everyone had rushed to the buffet, and he there wasn't much he could eat there. He left the dinning hall, to see a bulbasaur trip up its owner using a vine. He looked at his own little blue wolf, to see it playing with Toby's shoelace. He picked it up and scratched under the chin.
"Volt, Tomorrow, we're gonna make some new friends! But we're going to need some help! Lets go get some food!". He walked back to his dorm, the night air wisping across his face.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: Okay, I'm getting seriously confused here. Weren't we still mid-speech just now? How come others have already skipped to the night? oO Progress is all well and good, but it would be nice if we all stayed in the same general point of time, you know.

So yeah, sorry if the time here is totally out of whack or something. xP

IC:

"Well, that was...discouraging."

Akira sighed, picking up the pace so as to not lose track of their sensei. The first time she had actively introduced herself to someone in this school and she had just been blown off without any sign of acknowledgment. Well, in a way she supposed that she should have expected it, given how reclusive that girl had been and how hectic things got soon thereafter, but even so this was hardly a good start for her social interactions at Hayai Kame High. She did not dwell long on this, however, as their sensei took the stage and elaborated on their first scheduled field trip. Bug and grass pokémon, hmm? Part of the girl's mind immediately went back to the pokémon descriptions and type charts she had studied in an attempt to figure out what species would be best at covering her starter's weaknesses, nagging at her mind even as the new teacher was introduced and well after the students had all scattered every which way. She barely tasted her lunch - most of it happily gobbled up by the far less ponderous Maki - and most of her classmates went equally unnoticed, two thoughts circling each other over and over again in her mind. What to catch and who to partner with? She arrived in time to see the small congregation of people around Ash, immediately pegging them as group number one, which in turn made it all the more imperative that she find some partners of her own. It was just so...embarassing to be the only one who haven't found anyone to tag along with. If there was one thing Akira hated, it was being the burden member of a group, taken on only because the rules dictated it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who?"

A hand reached for the bag of chips, rummaging inside.

Akira sighed, leaning back in front of her desk. A whole day spent pondering and yet she had failed to come up with any satisfactory result. She supposed that just asking the first classmate that came by would do the trip, but...well, the indifferent reception from today was hardly a great confidence booster.

Chips met mouth; the end result went crunch.

The girl's eyes slid back to the pokémon guide in front of her. Better to just take the simpler problem first. Grass and bug, grass and bug. What pokémon would cover her starter's weakness best?

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

Armaldo? No, still practically extinct. Cradily? Ditto. Forretress? She would have to find a way to keep the Pineco from blowing up in her face. Then how about-?

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

"Oh, would you cut it out, Maki?!" Akira shot an irritated glare at her pokémon, the fighting type returning a look of polite confusion, one hand still heading for the bag of chips, only to have it snatched out of her reach, "You're going to get horribly fat if you keep on eating like that." the girl continued poignantly, depositing the half-emptied bag of chips back in its designated cabinet and locking it, "And don't even start giving me that look, there's a big difference between being large because of musculature and-"

It was then that her cell phone leapt to life, interrupting the blossoming rant. Akira's expression shifted from annoyance at being interrupted, to confusion about who could be calling so close to midnight, and then finally to a frown as she caught sight of the number.

"Good evening, nee-nee!"

Akira couldn't help smiling for herself as the light, cheerful voice reached her ear, but a single glance at the clock was enough to bring her back to the previous frown.

"Don't you 'nee-nee' me, Hiyori Sakuraba." she retorted in as severe a voice as she could muster, "It's almost midnight; what are you doing, still up at this hour? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

"Erm..." there was a bout of awkward laughter from the other end, and Akira could practically see her baby sister squirm, "...we-ell...I just thought-"

"Told you." remarked a male voice, just barely audible.

"Don't think you're any better off, Minoru." Akira said wearily, "I can hear you too. You're both in trouble when I get back."

"Drat."

"Anyway, nee-nee." Hiyori continued, attempting a shift of subject, "Are you having fun at Hayai Kame? Did you get your pokémon yet? Is it cute?"

"Hey-hey, easy!" Akira chuckled, "One question at a time. School is going fine. And yes, I got a pokémon, a Makuhita, and it's...umm..." she stared at the rotound sumo pokémon, currently busy at work in searching for edibles, attempting to find the right way to express herself, "Well...it's very friendly." she offered at last.

"Great!" her baby sister chirped back, "Taming a pokémon just like that, that's our nee-nee, alright."

"More like she scared it into submission." Minoru huffed.

"I heard that."

"So nee-nee, have you made many friends yet?" Hiyori, ever the peacekeeper, intervened.

"Well, I..." the girl hesitated, "I've introduced myself." a sceptical noise from Minoru's side immediately confirmed his opinion on this, "Anyway, stop changing the subject." she added in a more authoritative tone, "It's well past midnight and you two need to get to bed."

"But nee-nee..."

"No 'but's." Akira persisted, "I'm hanging up, we've got a field trip tomorrow so I need my sleep too."

"Okay..." Hiyori replied, "I...just wanted to make sure, because you tend to get so wrapped up in studying and everything." there was an awkward pause in the conversation, which the younger girl finally brought to an end, "Anyway, I'm glad you're having fun. Good night, nee-nee."

"Good night."

Akira sighed, still holding the now lifeless phone in her hand for a few more moments. Hiyori was right, she did have a tendency to get wrapped up in these things. Well, she could still change that...right? They'd be teamed up tomorrow, everything would be alright...tomorrow.

And with that, she fell asleep, head resting on her desk and night lamp still burning.

Slave to the Poké-Rave

Years
OOC yeh, zimvee was supposed to post, but I'll let you off. I will enforce stricter guidelines t time and where yo ucan go as we progress. I don't want you posting about the island when we are on the boat. Me and zimvee will discuss which pokemon you may get there, as well as on the boat ride. (On the boat, water type will be hard to catch due to our speed, you may also battle other trainers.) Oh and Ill put you in groups

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: Y'know, this thing could really use an OOC thread. =O Oh, and didn't the sensei-guy announce that the groups would be chosen by students themselves? Or is this a 'you choose what we decide that you choose' type situation? oO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back