• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first PO team

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Honestly when I first made this team I really didn't have any idea or strategy I was going for, but I chose these Pokemon because I liked them, and they are;

260.png

Mudkip@Leftovers
    Relaxed/Torrent
    240 HP/216 Def/52 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice beam
    -Roar
    -Earthquake

So I can throw up SR and then Roar the opponent if they are a bad match for Swampert, as well as for the SR damage.

472.png

Nujabes@Toxic Orb
    Impish/Poison Heal
    252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
    -Toxic
    -Earthquake
    -Facade
    -Protect

My favoured style of battle is a stall and Gliscor is a very good stall when it comes to Toxic stalls and its resistances(?).

465-f.png

Can'tBeSaved@Leftovers
    Relaxed/Regenerator
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -HP Ice
    -Power Whip

To take a hit in place of Gliscor and then switch back, I was also thinking of using a Choice Scarf'd Mienfoo with U-Turn/Regenerator, but wasn't sure, what do you guys think?

213.png

Pressure@Leftovers
    Impish/Sturdy
    248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD
    -Rest
    -Protect
    -Power Split
    -Rollout

Shuckle is one of my favourite stall Pokemon so I couldn't help but use him. The moveset is either the same or similar to one I've read on here about in one of their battle logs they posted.

113.png

Nurse Joy@Eviolite
    Bold/Natural Cure
    84 HP/174 Def/252 SpD
    -Softboiled
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Seismic Toss

I just thought that Chansey would be a good addition to a stall, but when I saw the EV distribution for this (the 252 in Def), it didn't really make sense because of its low Def rating, so I decided to add a bit to its HP.

When I first used this in PO I forgot to add its EV's xD but it still did well to stall.

464.png

One-A@Leftovers
    Adamant/Solid Rock
    160 HP/252 Atk/96 Def
    -Mega Horn
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Blast
    -Substitute

A definite favourite for me so I just threw him into this team. I used the 'Tank' Rhyperior on Smogon, but I decided to add all its Spe EV's into Def because I believe they are more useful there.

Your criticism is very much appreciated, I am open to changes of my team, but when it comes to tiers I am completely clueless. Also, if you talk with abbreviations please type out what they mean for me; new to that as well :)

And thank you.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Half your team is weak to Water moves, especially those from Drizzle teams. In addition, Swampert isn't as good as it used to be, though some people still use it. If I were you, then I'd replace it with Ferrothorn, who not only checks/counters Rain teams, but also provides hazards:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Rhyperior and Shuckle aren't seen often in OU (the standard environment) due to the prevalence of Drizzle teams; IMO, they're best in sandstorm teams, where their Special Defense is increased there. In addition to me adding Ferrothorn to help with rain teams, I'll throw in Gastrodon as an extra check to them, since it can use Storm Drain to raise its Special Attack (you'll have to take out Rhyperior or Shuckle in that case):
    -Earthquake/Earth Power
    -Scald/Ice Beam
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    Nature: Sassy/Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain

Chansey needs max HP and max Defense to help it take physical hits more easily than Blissey can (factoring in the Eviolite boost). It could use Toxic over Protect or Softboiled to wear down Pokemon who don't seem to care about Seismic Toss.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Thanks Platinum, I've implemented your changes and my team does a bit better, I just need to become more adept at using them correctly, but what my team lacks is an efficient OHKO when facing Pokemon like Chansey or Gardevoir that get rid of my status effects.

Back