• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Drawing of Mario!

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
  • My Drawing of Mario! *Updated*

It took me an hour to doodle one of the most greatest video game mascot which is the one and only Mario! =D

So I've decided to draw him as the Raccoon Mario in Super Mario Bros. 3 in which looks awesome in that pose. It took me alot of concentration mastering his details and his shape of his body and head, and I've finally succeeded!

Now behold Mario at his finest, drawn by me with two versions ot them!! :D

Original drawing:
    smb3drawing.png

Colorized version (prototype):
    smb3drawing_color.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nice work, you show a lot of potential.

I don't know if you roughed out the sketch first, or went straight to drawing it with an ink pen, but I know that building bodies with basic shapes always helps. It keeps things in better proportions, and makes the whole drawing look a lot cleaner when you get to the inking phase.

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • I did sketch Mario with pencil first in order to make him look perfect and once I've cleaned up the unnecessary shapes and other lines, that is one when I've traced the outline with ink. Later on, I'm definately going to give him a final touch by coloring him! =D

Last edited:

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Why yes, ofcourse that I'm going to do them aswell as Yoshi, Daisy, Birdo, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, and even the seven Koopalings too.

All I need to do is just keep on practicing so I can draw them perfectly! =D

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Nice drawing of Mario, Shenlong! :D I agree, it will look great coloured! ^_^ I'd try some other poses as well, using this pic as a reference :D It definitely looks very much like him! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of other classic Nintendo characters!

--FG

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've want to inform you that I've finally colored my drawing! =D

Since that picture is actually scanned, I've managed to color it myself by using Adobe Photoshop CS2. ^_^

However, this was just a practice to see how can color it by using Photoshop.

smb3drawing_color.png

Last edited:

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Yeah you're right, but the problem is though I don't really know how to use shading that much when it comes to drawing or using photoshop. That is just my 1st experience on coloring a drawing on photoshop.

Back