• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP WITH EVENT LOOPING!!

Years
  • Hey,

I'm currently working on a pokemon project on rmxp. But i've been having trouble with the scripting of an event. I want to start the game and have the grandmother give you your items and your first pokemon and then you leave. This part works fine but then i want after that event takes place and you recieve your items that the next time you talk to your grandma she heals your pokemon instead. But for some reason it keeps repeating the first event. and if i put it on automatic event start it just keeps looping and looping. Here is the script:

Text: Hi sweetie. Hope your prepared for your adventure
    : : i'm so proud of you
    Text: Here is your running shoes.
    >Script: $PokemonGlobal.runningshoes=true
    Text: Also your eevee is back from the center.
    >Script: pbAddPokemon (133,5)
    Text: Enjoy your adveture sweetie come to visit when you can.

I basically want this event to happen one time and be then replaced with this script:

Text: Hi sweetie welcome home. You look tired, you should rest a bit...
    >Recover All: Entire Party
    Text: Take care now.

So any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I know its a lot of info but again any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Put your first lot of event commands in the Grandma event's page 1. At the end of it, set the event's Self Switch A to ON. This page should have an Action trigger.

Put your second lot of event commands in the Grandma event's page 2. This page should have the condition of Self Switch A being ON. This page should have an Action trigger.

This is a basic RMXP skill.

If the Grandma acts like the player's mother (i.e. the player respawns next to her upon losing a battle without having visited a Poké Centre), then the Grandma event should also have a page 3, which is like the page 2 in any Poké Centre nurse's event.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    Hey I have just been having trouble with this myself. I tried solving this problem with what you said however for some reason anytime I add a new page to an event or new switches. or self switches. The event no longer starts in game. like my character just walks over it like nothing happened. As soon as i delete the second page and switches the event starts working again.

Back