• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Over All Thoughts On Mewtwo From Everything Pokemon

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
  • I personally think Mewtwo shouldn't be listed as a species. He is far too gifted and intelligent. To me he's more like a race because of his brilliant mind and intelligence. Plus he's practically half human and his design is based off an alien anyways! Anyways, that's one of the reasons Mewtwo will always be my favorite pokemon character. (The female one from the new movie is okay, but to me she is waaaay too bland.)
    That's my opinion and I hope you all can respect that.
    Thank you :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What do you mean the difference between a "species" and a "race" is, in that case?

In some iterations of pokémon, for instance the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga, animals exist in the pokémon world and pokémon are all regarded as one special species of animal with a lot of different races within it. So in their terms, Pikachu and Rhyperior are of the same species, but different races.

I think the games talk about the pokémon as different species though.

And when you say Mewtwo is half-human, are you referring to its DNA having part human in it?

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
    Years
  • What do you mean the difference between a "species" and a "race" is, in that case?
    And when you say Mewtwo is half-human, are you referring to its DNA having part human in it?
    Kind of. I always thought the intelligence was one way to tell a species from a race a part. (is nervous.)
    And yes I was talking about the human DNA in him. :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay :) In biology, different species are like cats and dogs, or even tigers and lions. Races are variations within a species that can still produce viable offspring so to speak, such as a poodle and labrador.

But, what you basically mean is that you consider Mewtwo to be more than just a pokémon? I can agree some there. It was genetically created rather than of a natural or mythological origin like most other pokémon, and if you trust some canon enough sources (I don't fully recall what the games say), it does have some human DNA mixed into Mew's to stabilize and enhance it.

So yeah, if anything I think Mewtwo should have been #151 rather than Mew; I know Mew was called the mirage pokémon and believed not to exist anymore and that's probably why it was given the last number in the Kanto dex, but the fossil pokémon are there and it was the same with them :x That is, if you want to make some in-game lore reason for it - the real reason is that GameFreak first didn't plan to add it in at all, but the glitch appeared so they decided to gift Mew away officially in events, iirc.

That's my opinion and I hope you all can respect that.
    We respect all opinions here, as long as they are not harming anyone. Which I don't believe yours are :)

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
    Years
  • It's the human DNA that made me rather drawn to him.
    That and he's very handsome. (The male from the anime movies.) <3
    Speaking of the anime, it's funny that they don't do the genderless thing
    in it. LOL

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Speaking of the anime, it's funny that they don't do the genderless thing
    in it. LOL
    Actually, maybe that is because of his human DNA? Or maybe they just decided to go with a female voice this time, to change things up. Maybe they referred to Mewtwo as a male in the first movie, but it's not certain that it actually has a gender because of that. Most legendaries like Keldeo, Shaymin etc have been depicted as boys, but that's probably mostly because they should become buddies with Ash and because they need to put some kind of voice on it.

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
    Years
  • Sometimes I wonder if they'll ever have the two Mewtwos meet.
    I would be pretty fricking epic. After all, the Mewtwo in the second
    movie isn't the same from the previous. Thing they'd fight or
    become quick friends or something else if they met? LOL

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • You know, it's weird how he has half Human DNA, but other Pokemon like Machop, who look sort of like a Human, don't.

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
    Years
  • One theory I read is that the humans and pokemon use
    to be related at one time in that universe. I'm not kidding.
    Weird huh?

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Speaking of the anime, it's funny that they don't do the genderless thing in it. LOL

Hmm, I don't know. I don't know if you've seen the Japanese version of the Animé or the manga (I know I haven't) but I think the Japanese have proper personal pronouns for referring to genderless beings, so maybe they do. English, on the other hand, isn't really set up for it, so its kind of understandable. Also, it's not like they could get their hands on a genderless voice actor/actress :p

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • He should just be classified as his own species. He isn't really a single species. he isn't a clone of Mew, but a mix match of perfection.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2017
    i don't know why people think he is perfection. he wasn't even finished testing when he broke out :U

now about the genders... the first Mewtwo was a male and the first one created by Team rocket.

the second one must have been a 2nd attempt or an attempt made by team plasma to create it.

its like, Math x English =w=

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
    Years
  • The new one was is female.
    Personally, I think it would be epic if the 2 mewtwos met :3
    Wouldn't it be cool? :D

Back