• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it worth getting back into collecting right now?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
With all the new cards, and the lack of the older ones, is it still an okay time to get back into collecting? I have about 700 cards laying around somewhere, but I recently got more into the cards and was thinking about buying more.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I dont know what you mean by your first sentence.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I dont know what you mean by your first sentence.

Sorry about that. I meant that now that I heard people are really going after the older ones collection wise, is it still worth getting back into it? I've heard that the new ones won't ever be as valuable as the first editions, fossils, etc. even with time.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Not sure what psychic(type) you're talking to that knows that, but EX's havent even been around for more than 2 years, so we have no idea what the prices on them will do. Full art Mewtwo is still nearly 40 bucks. Its worthwhile.

Years
We do have the history of other "ultra rare" and "secret rare" cards to judge the demands for them off of, though. The advance era in particular.

It's not a hobby that a whole lot of money can be made off of.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Dark Raichu is less than ten bucks though. And thats an old one.

Years
Dark Raichu isn't a very sought after card because it doesn't have the brand recognition of a 1st Edition Base Set Charizard.

I was thinking more of the Gold Star Pokemon and the old ex cards anyway when I posted that.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Gold stars are definitely expensive. And the ex's definitely have some big hitters, like Charizard and lugia. And most of the Rocket ex's seem to be worth a good bit.

Back