• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Installing OS X Mavericks

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    So tonight I tried to install the latest OS from Apple. It was all going well until it asked for my password for keychain. It didn't accept my iCloud password or my computer password, so I pressed "cancel". Now it's stuck on the installation screen with "time remaining: less than a minute" as it has been for the last 40 minutes. I'll try upload the picture I took. Any ideas what to do?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I don't have the menu bar. I literally just have a screen saying that it's installing, with the bar filled all the way across but nothing's changed for 8 hours now

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • You shouldn't worry, it's something every Mac user has, unless you're working on a Mac with an SSD.
    You should not turn it off, because that will make stuff way worse (I already did that once, but knowing how stuff works, I was able to repair my iMac myself).

Edit:
    Now I've re-read your Post, and I see you're basically ****ed.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • Try turning off, and holding the control key while pressing the power button, see if you can attempt to restore the OS that way.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Quilzel, don't you mean Option Key?
    And while Upgrading to 10.9, your Recovery Partition will most likely Upgrade with it, I'm not sure it'll even work, if you interrupt the installation that way.

Back