• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uuuuugh.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Sigh. When girls ask you to decide something, don't. Turn the question back at her and get her opinion. If she gives you her opinion, just say "Wow, that's great!" and you can't go wrong. You see, they've already decided something; they just want confirmation that their choice is a good one.

Just get a present, hide it away, wait to see her reaction to your empty-handedness, then make your call.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • Yeah. Money, then. Easier to hide than... Uh... Lots of other things. Not so sure about the card, though. Money is a lot less personal, so if she gets a little annoyed, I'll just remind her that it's hardly a giant teddy bear. :3

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Ok, here's my suggestion. You get her something small, like the money that's a good idea, and then you hide it somewhere, but somewhere where you know she'll find it later that day/night, or even during the party it's self. Then that way you will have gotten her a present, but know one else will know, so it won't be embarrassing. All problems solved. Of corse if you don't know the layout of her house, this might be a bad plan. Oh well, this is for you to decide, where just here to help.

Years
  • Ok, here's my suggestion. You get her something small, like the money that's a good idea, and then you hide it somewhere, but somewhere where you know she'll find it later that day/night, or even during the party it's self. Then that way you will have gotten her a present, but know one else will know, so it won't be embarrassing. All problems solved. Of corse if you don't know the layout of her house, this might be a bad plan. Oh well, this is for you to decide, where just here to help.

This is completely unnecessary sneakiness.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    Yeah, it's hardly a party, I forgot to explain. Just a couple of friends seeing a movie. And I'm good for now, so this topic can be closed, I guess.

Opaque

Sode no Shirayuki
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I definitely think that you should get her something, I think a gift card would a nice sentiment, actually - like to a beverage store, itunes, a bookstore, or Amazon.com. (Or to a store that she would go to)

Just don't get her something 'embarrassing', like... stuffed animals, jewelery, chocolates, flowers - or anything resembling a boyfriend would give a girlfriend.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    It doesn't matter how embarrassing it might be, if you get her the right gift, she will never stay mad at you for getting it. She'll appreciate it every possible aspect of it, and the fact that you went against her wish will probably be a good thing.

Girls are effing weird, but we understand each other. :3

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • Yeah, it's hardly a party, I forgot to explain. Just a couple of friends seeing a movie. And I'm good for now, so this topic can be closed, I guess.
    So as you see get her something small and memorable i guarantee if its the right gift and not anything stupid she'll gladly accept it and move on

Back