• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Type Weakness/Strength Changing Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
  • The following program is completly based upon the (All Games) Type Weakness/Strength Changing Thread by Coolboyman.

Download Here: Pokecommunity.com
    Mirror Link: Darthatron.com (coming soon)

It allows you to edit the Strength and Weakness of certain types (moves/pokemon). I have only tested this in an English FireRed ROM and it worked fine for me. Please, if you get any bugs, post them here. Thankyou.

I'll also add screen shots when I have time. It's getting late, so I'm off to bed, hope someone finds a use for this.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Hey Darthatron, nice simple tool. I'll look forward to any updates. I couldn't trouble you for a list of the Pokémon moves hex values could I? I assume you have it.

Thanks and great tool once again. It's great to see other people developing stuff.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • hey I was wondering when someone would make a program based off that, thanks. If you need more information on how the game works, let me know.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Hi I was wondering why can't you change whether it is super effective or not effective or what ever when it says normal in the box

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • @axlefoley: You can't change that because it doesn't have room in the ROM to edit that data, I may add it so you can change that (if possible) because there is some blank space just after that data.

@Coolboyman: Thanks for the guide, I've been away from PC for a bit and thought I might come back for a little visit and saw that. Then I got bored and made this. :D

@swampert22: Thanks for the kind words, I think I might have a list, let my just check and I'll edit my post later with whether I have it or not. :)

EDIT: Also, its much nicer to post a program here then on other sites. On lots of other ones you just get posts saying "ZomG ITS TEH VIRUZ!!!", it makes me sad. Glad to see PC has members with an IQ above 10! :)

@swampert22: Sorry, I couldn't find one, but I might be able to get my hands on one in the near future, I'll PM it to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Wow! This is REALLY great! Your programs are SO called for!

It's just kind of sad that I can't use it on Emerald. :(

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2008
    The tool not work in English (USA) Ruby roms. I have two hacks of Ruby, and in one of these roms I want to change the weakness and strengths from pokémon.

Pie

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    The tool not work in English (USA) Ruby roms. I have two hacks of Ruby, and in one of these roms I want to change the weakness and strengths from pokémon

It only works with Firered. :/

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • Whenever I try to make this load Pokemon Emerald, it says this:

Run-time error '13':

Type MIsmatch

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • You know, I just realized something...
    The reason this doesn't work is because it doesn't have the type
    configuration for emerald. Could anyone tell me what the config is for BPEE?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back