View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2013 (8:00 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2013 by tabor62.
Who?

Nature: Lax

A Guide to the Pal Park & Poké Transfer Guide

Now you may have wondered, how do I transfer my Gen III Pokemon to my Gen IV games? Or, how do I transfer my Gen IV Pokemon to my Gen V games? This guide will teach you how to do just that so that you can use all your previous Pokemon in battle, trade, and for the Pokédex.

Pal Park

Things you’ll need

The Pal Park is a feature in Gen IV games that allows you to transfer you Gen III Pokémon to your Gen IV games. In order to use this feature, you must have a DS Phat or a DS Lite because the DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, and 3DS XL do not have a GBA Slot (Slot 2). You’ll obviously also need a Gen III game (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen) and a Gen IV game (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HearGold, or SoulSilver).

In-Game Requirements

In order to access the Pal Park, you’ll first have to have beaten the Elite Four and the Champion and have received the National Pokédex:

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
In order to receive it in D/P/Pt, you’ll have to have at least seen every single Pokemon in the Sinnoh Pokédex.

HeartGold and SoulSilver
In order to receive it in HG/SS, you’ll have to defeat the E4 and the Champion.

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
It is located at the end of Route 221 as indicated by the small red circle:

HeartGold and SoulSilver
It is located in Fuchsia City where the Safari Zone used to be as indicated by the small red circle:

How to Migrate

Now to migrate your Pokémon from your Gen III games, there are some things you’ll have to do in your Gen III games first.
1. The Pokemon have to be in your PC.
2. The migrated Pokémon cannot know any HM moves.
3. Also, migration is one way, so they cannot be put back into your Gen III games and they aren’t cloned in your games so you will lost them forever in your Gen III games.

4. Then, you will need to access the main menu before you start up you save file and select “Migrate from (Insert Game Name Here)”
5. Afterwards, you will choose the six Pokémon that you want to migrate. Choose carefully though, because you can only migrate 6 every 24 hours and you cannot migrate more Pokémon without catching the previous 6 first. However there is a loophole you can exploit and I'll be talking more about that later in the guide.
6. Then after migrating them, you’ll need to talk to the main at the counter in the Pal Park.

7. Each Pokémon that you migrate is broken down into 5 different catagories, a guide for which catagory your Pokémon is in can be found on Bulbapedia.
Refer to the picture in the provided link for the location of each Pokémon you want to catch.

When you encounter them, you’ll be able to throw a Park Ball. This has a 100% catch rate and will turn into the ball the Pokémon originally was in. Or you could run from the Pokémon, though I wouldn’t know why you would want to. After all of this, they will be put into your PC and you’ll be done :D

Exploitation of a Loophole

Normally you can only transfer 6 Pokémon a day. However, you can change the DS clock one day ahead to get around it. Through this method, you can only transfer multiple sets of 6 from the same Gen III game. However, this only works in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Poké Transfer

Unlike Pal Park, this can been done an unlimited amount of times per day, so there is no exploit :P

Things you will need

The Pal Park is a feature in Gen V games that allows you to transfer you Gen IV Pokémon to your Gen V games. In order to use this feature, you must have two DS’s, DSi’s, 3DS’s, or any combination of the three. You’ll obviously also need a Gen IV game (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HearGold, or SoulSilver) and a Gen V game (Black, White, Black 2, or White 2).

In-Game Requirements

As with Gen IV, you need to have defeated the Elite Four and the Champion at least once and have received the National Pokédex. However, in Black and White, you have to defeat N and Ghetsis at N’s Castle.

It is found at a Lab on Route 15 as indicated by the small red circle:
Black & White

Black 2 & White 2

The building itself:

The inside of the building

How to Transfer

Transferring Pokémon has some setup that is required just like for Pal Park. You have to make sure the Gen IV Pokémon in question have no HM moves. Also, you cannot transfer the Spiky Eared Pichu from HeartGold and SoulSilver. In addition, any items your Pokémon are holding will be put into the bag rather than be transferred with the Pokémon. In your Gen V games, you’ll want to go to the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15. Head to the back of the building and talk to the man at the counter. After all the setup, it’ll tell you to go to DS Download Play on the other DS/DSi/3DS with the Gen IV Pokémon game in the slot. After selecting the Poké Transfer in Download Play, select the 6 Pokémon that you want to transfer over. You’ll have to play a small mini game in order to capture them. You’ll be shooting Pokéballs at your Pokémon by dragging a box back and releasing with a crosshair aim.

The Mini Game Explained in a Little More Depth

Usually, not all the Pokémon start out jumping around between bushes. Some of them hide in the bushes until you hit them with a Pokéball. Be sure to do this while their head is sticking out though, if they are withdrawn within the bush, the Pokéball will do nothing. Also, you will notice a small pink cloud floating by on the screen when you are running out of time. If you hit this cloud with a Pokéball, it will put all the Pokémon on the screen to sleep for a short amount of time. While the Pokémon are sleeping, they can be caught regardless if they are hiding in a bush. You cannot catch the Pokémon that are off screen however.

What to do Afterwards

After you are finished with catching the Pokémon, you will be asked if you want to transfer more Pokémon. Say yes if you do, and no if you don’t of course. The Pokémon will be put into your PC and you’ll be done :D If you have any questions, I encourage you to post them in this thread and I will answer them to the best of my abilities. Any questions asked in this thread may be compiled in an FAQ in the future.

Credits go to Mac for all the help with some of the screenshots!