• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Losing my mind at the ending...

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    It's 99% percent cut scenes (literally have not had a break to save since before the battle with Kukui).
    I lost Tatu Koko (please say I get another chance!) and I'm now about 20 mins into cut scenes of stupid dancing and fireworks. I assume credits are going to be long too...

Urgh, gamefreak - why?!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • You don't need to beat the E4 and champion again in order to have a second chance at fighting Tapu Koko - you can just waltz right into its ruins and challenge it again. Actually, if you wanted Koko to have a desirable nature (like Timid) then killing it on the first encounter would have been the best thing to do, because you'll now have a better chance at getting Tapu Koko with the right nature on the second try, as you can afford to reset as opposed to it being a shot in the dark.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    You don't need to beat the E4 and champion again in order to have a second chance at fighting Tapu Koko - you can just waltz right into its ruins and challenge it again. Actually, if you wanted Koko to have a desirable nature (like Timid) then killing it on the first encounter would have been the best thing to do, because you'll now have a better chance at getting Tapu Koko with the right nature on the second try, as you can afford to reset as opposed to it being a shot in the dark.

That's good to know, thank you!
    I've just switched the game back on, ready to get on with some post-game fun and now stick in yet another cut scene with Hau... It's nice having some cut scenes throughout to get the story but this is starting to feel like over kill.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • just so you know most real rpgs have lot more story text and cutscenes then this does so if it bothers you it just shows you have not played many rpgs in the past pokemon is very light compared to any other rpg series out there, its like they made pokemon to be a persons first rpg game

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    just so you know most real rpgs have lot more story text and cutscenes then this does so if it bothers you it just shows you have not played many rpgs in the past pokemon is very light compared to any other rpg series out there, its like they made pokemon to be a persons first rpg game

I do play some other RPGs - mainly Bravely and Zelda - but I expect long cut scenes in those whereas Pokemon has never had long cut scenes (as far as I remember) so I think it was just the shock of such a long cut scene.
    I'm not a big gamer though and tend to only play for 15 - 30 mins at one time during study breaks so when I do get caught in long cut scenes it means that I don't end up getting much time to actually play. Nintendo games don't tend to be huge on cut scenes in general though and 99% of my gaming is on the 3DS or GBA (I don't have a TV so I don't have PS/Xbox consoles.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I love the cutscenes, I mean, it used to look so "dead" now that we think about the past generations; Just speeches and talks in between sprites. I love the changes and I don't think it will change now considering Pokemon will be moving forwards to a new era soon, too.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • It's 99% percent cut scenes (literally have not had a break to save since before the battle with Kukui).
    I lost Tatu Koko (please say I get another chance!) and I'm now about 20 mins into cut scenes of stupid dancing and fireworks. I assume credits are going to be long too...

Urgh, gamefreak - why?!
    I was like... I hope my character and pokemon don't faint now, since I cannot save it LOL

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • While I can understand being frustrated with the ending cutscenes during a second or third playthrough, complaining about it the first time doesn't seem too sound. It has become rather obvious that Game Freak wants to step up the story of their games. Cutscenes are how they do that. Complaining about the ending ones feels more like a complaint towards the cutscenes in general.

Understand that we're not in gen 3 anymore where the game throws little to no story at you until near the end of the game when the legendary shows up. Consequently, we'll never be able to speed through the game like a Fast and Furious movie anymore as a result.

While I can understand that people would rather have gameplay first and story second, Game Freak clearly has other plans. I think that it would be best to embrace that the franchise is becoming more story oriented. And besides, is a more fleshed-out story truly that awful?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2017
    You need to be oh so patient and you need to be oh so happy about this endeavor, darling!
    Absolutely...

I think the first thing I was thinking of was the fact that in some way there was something to say about this whole thing...
    The thing is..... you have to be patient.

You must be patient with POKEMON. (Ahh, well anyways, I'm late to this thread. Haha!)

I don't really perceive something that is correct--or do I? Or don't I? Is it that in some strange way you are losing your patience with POKEMON...?? Oh, well..

Years
  • …Okay, I don't mean to be rude, but it's 2017, how have people not realized that legendary Pokémon since Platinum regenerate after the post-game? It's been eight years since then, so I hope that the mindsets of needing to catch legends right away has disappeared since.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • …Okay, I don't mean to be rude, but it's 2017, how have people not realized that legendary Pokémon since Platinum regenerate after the post-game? It's been eight years since then, so I hope that the mindsets of needing to catch legends right away has disappeared since.

I think the whole thing comes from the fact that nobody wants to rematch the E4 again just to get another shot at catching the legendaries. Considering their difficulty this time around, this seems to be the case even more. Even with Koko, you can just walk in and rebattle it after the cutscene is over, but the player isn't told this and so will naturally assume that they have to go through the E4 again.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Omg I know what you mean, the cutscenes are so obnoxious and the hour long tutorial at the beginning was everything you should never do with tutorials...

But yeah, you do get rematches against the Tapus if you knock them out...:)...

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I do play some other RPGs - mainly Bravely and Zelda - but I expect long cut scenes in those whereas Pokemon has never had long cut scenes (as far as I remember) so I think it was just the shock of such a long cut scene.

I was shocked too. It kind of irked me, but then I remembered how much I actually liked the story and got over it. I wish I could have skipped it, though....

Back