• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New DSLR search

Years
  • The Great Camera Search

Forgive me if this is the wrong place, but I am not sure where it should go. I guessed here?

Hello everyone.
    I am a huge fan of photography and I never leave my house without my camera.
    I am currently using an Olympus E-420 with 14-42mm lens.

It is a nice little camera, and has helped me move from amateur to more professional.
    I am unsure as to what camera to invest in next.

I didn't mind the Olympus range. With their new E-620 out and the E-520 now dropping in price on the upgraded version being released.
    I not so clued up on the other makes.

However, I want to keep it within the 3 makes, Nikon, Olympus and Canon.

I will be using the camera for a lot of different things, one on one photo shoots, landscape, so on so on.

The meaning for this thread is simply to put forward some ideas to me as to what I should get. If you have heard/use a camera in this range, and you think it is good, then tell me about it =]

Oh, my price range isn't that great! I am a student! XD
    So say, £500 is the most...

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Would've put this in the Graphics & Photography section if I were asking, but yeah, I'm in the same position.

I need a new DSLR for college, but I only have a budget of around £250-300.

I've seen Argos are doing a sale on their DLSRs atm, I know Argos isn't exactly the ideal place to buy one but there are decent ones there; Check them out.

Years
  • I looked there, but it is more for showing off the photography side of it, instead of actually discussion on cameras...

Really?
    I will have to have a look there then.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Hope you find something.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I've used the Nikon D70s and I would definitely recommend it, however I've also had favourable experiences with Canon's Rebel series too.

Years
  • Lol!
    I just got a text from my friend, saying he just bought a D70. How strange.

I will most likely have a play with his camera when i am back home to see what it is like.

Back