• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
I personally hope we will get another Rock/Plant Pokémon, Armaldo and Cradily are my favorite fossils the addition of Dwebble/Crustle was really cool I hope they will introduce a Grass/Rock! ^^
I also hope they will add a Steel/Ghost poke, it can be a Golurk's cousin of some sort or an evolution of Golett because I picture Steel/Ghost as an empty armory possessed by a spirit. :D or maybe a "dead" Pawniard. :v
Or it can be like, if you trade Pawniard for some specific Ghost pokemon introduced in Gen6, Pawniard evolves into a possessed armory (Ghost/Steel) and that random Ghost evolves into... some Ghost or Dark/Ghost w/e?

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I want a psychic/electric type three-tier evolutionary line that's basically a nanomachine-colony pokemon that grows in complexity in each of it's evolutions. It starts off as a grey blob, sort of like a gray ditto or something, and then becomes more and more human-shaped. It can be from the future or something crazy, haha.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I personally hope we will get another Rock/Plant Pokémon, Armaldo and Cradily are my favorite fossils the addition of Dwebble/Crustle was really cool I hope they will introduce a Grass/Rock! ^^
I also hope they will add a Steel/Ghost poke, it can be a Golurk's cousin of some sort or an evolution of Golett because I picture Steel/Ghost as an empty armory possessed by a spirit

Definitely love both the ideas!!
I've always liked the Rock/Grass combo, and i'd love for it to make a return :D
I personally hope Chespin to turn out either Grass + Ground or Rock

Steel/Ghost sounds awesome, it would be a pretty amazing defensive wall against so many types :D
And i think the idea of the spirit in the armor is neat (:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
All I'm hoping for is a dual Grass/Fire type Pokemon. Mutated fire plant anyone?

tumblr_m72sv2Mqcx1rw7u8ro1_500.png

I feel like this idea has been suggested before, but I still love it. Having a jack-o-lantern Pokémon would definitely be the easiest way to have Fire/Grass Pokémon. Plus this design kind of just looks amazing =x I'd love to see something like this in the games.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
All I'm hoping for is a dual Grass/Fire type Pokemon. Mutated fire plant anyone?

tumblr_m72sv2Mqcx1rw7u8ro1_500.png

Where did you get that? Looks like concept art from my list of Pokemon... Although my concept was more color... and three stages...

I feel like this idea has been suggested before, but I still love it. Having a jack-o-lantern Pokémon would definitely be the easiest way to have Fire/Grass Pokémon. Plus this design kind of just looks amazing =x I'd love to see something like this in the games.

I has been suggested before... Because I suggested it...

I also hope they will add a Steel/Ghost poke, it can be a Golurk's cousin of some sort or an evolution of Golett because I picture Steel/Ghost as an empty armory possessed by a spirit. :D or maybe a "dead" Pawniard. :v
Or it can be like, if you trade Pawniard for some specific Ghost pokemon introduced in Gen6, Pawniard evolves into a possessed armory (Ghost/Steel) and that random Ghost evolves into... some Ghost or Dark/Ghost w/e?

Wouldn't it make sense for the gen 6 Pokemon to be a Ghost/??? with Pawn evolving into a Dark/??? type when trade evolving... Since Pawn is taking its ??? type in trade for its Steel type... Making Pawn a Dark/??? type and the gen 6 Pokemon into the desired Steel/Ghost type.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Fossil pokemon for the region... hmm. I would assume we will have 2 again. Would be nice to get another stand alone fossil pokemon. I would also love to see a Stegosaurus pokemon and a Ankylosauria pokemon. Though I am not sure what the 2nd type would be for them. The Ankylosauria could be rock/steel I guess.

I would love to see a long neck or a Loch ness monster like pokemon, but they would probably be too similar to Lapris and Tropias. And I think they would want to save a Loch Ness like dino for Britian/Scotland based region.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Would be great to have 3 fossils like first gen 1 we will be able to always get and the other 2 would need us to choose. We would need some unused combination with rock tho, we got enough Water/Rock fossils. We could have a Titanosaurus for the Stand alone fossil, the other two could be based on Megalosaurus and Pyroraptor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Well fossils pokemon are rock type because they are related to fossils who come from rocks.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think with fossils that Rock/Ground/Steel is pretty much a guaranteed type for them for the most part. You could just be reviving the Pokémon that made the fossil though, and that wouldn't necessarily have to be one of those types. I mean, we have fossils of leaves and stuff that clearly aren't rocks. It's not like the fossil itself is actually part of them. Maybe having a Grass type Pokémon revived from a fossil (akin to Cradily, minus the Rock typing) would be cool.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I don't know if we will have a Dragon fossil in the future it seem to cover a lot of thing. But I would like that this gen we get 2 fossils that we choose from like other gen and one we got somewhere else like the old amber that is standalone.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
A Dragon/Rock type actually sounds like a really cool combination actually. I don't know why but I kind of imagine it as a bulkier Dragon, less focused on the offensive. It'd definitely be really cool to see!

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I want a Rock/Fire and Rock/Ice sabertooth fossil... Maybe the type the fossil changes to depends on the season when it is changed from rock to Pokemon... Maybe a Rock/Grass for Spring and a Rock/Poison or something for Autumn...

blue

gucci
Years
A Dark/Bug type would certainly be interesting, I'm sure there are many different species they could come up with for this combination.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
A Dark/Bug type would certainly be interesting, I'm sure there are many different species they could come up with for this combination.

i mentioned about this earlier on the other thread. Dark/bug would be pretty evil if they get moar powerful moves..

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'm sure they could easily make a Dark/Bug type. Heck they made a Fire/Bug. I hope there isn't as many bugs this generation. Last 2 generations have been full of bugs. I mean I like bug pokemon, but geez. I would love to see a Dark/Bug and an Ice/Bug though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Bug/Dark sounds pretty awesome to me, i'd love to see that happening!
I'm still pretty disappointed with the electric types we get every generation.
There's always only a mere few of them, and they usually don't get any 2nd type.
And in the rare cases they do, they only have meh stats, with just very little exceptions.

So for this new Gen, I'm hoping to get a LOT more electric pokemon, with some awesome new dual typing!
What about Electric/Fighting or Electric/Dark?? Please make it happen :D

B-Rabbitt

On Darkened Wings He Fell
Years
I honestly dont mind what the pokemon would look like.
I would like however to see new things within these games new features and new interactions with the people you visit.
Walking pokemon with you would also be a cool feature added from past games yet i know this isnt to be done!
As with regards to type i wouldnt mind seeing some more water grass type pokemon and for once. A Steel Dragon type or a Dark Flying type

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Bug/Dark sounds pretty awesome to me, i'd love to see that happening!
I'm still pretty disappointed with the electric types we get every generation.
There's always only a mere few of them, and they usually don't get any 2nd type.
And in the rare cases they do, they only have meh stats, with just very little exceptions.

So for this new Gen, I'm hoping to get a LOT more electric pokemon, with some awesome new dual typing!
What about Electric/Fighting or Electric/Dark?? Please make it happen :D

yes plz, bring moar electric types. Electric/fight would be cool (bit specially defensive and physical offensive. with mediocre spd
74/95/68/71/108/82)

Back