• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ✨ The Fairy Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
dunno what to say other than I love, love, love this. It's so mystic and mysterious and I want to know more about what's going on with it, such as what it's a backdrop to or why the dragons are present/what land/era/time it's in, etc. Looove. <3

this only made my day like :')

That's exactly what I was going for, to be honest. I wanted it to feel like a page out of a story, while also restricting my color palette. The best part is, as the creator, it's all up to you to answer those questions. Again, it's still a work in progress, but the mood I wanted to capture is there, and I'm so glad you can appreciate it.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Ohhh honey. I think I've fallen head over heels in love with your gallery.

I've got a major glaring weak spot for soft, colorful, pastel things. Your gallery is all that and more. You've got a fantastic touch when it comes to artwork, and I think I'm seriously drooling over your pixels... they're so beautiful. The CSS on the first page really helps top off your gorgeous gallery, too. It suits the overall theme you have going on here and I just really enjoy it all tremendously.

I can't wait to see more of your work as time goes on. It's all so cute!

Like a pastel wonderland!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I should have gotten to this comment waaay sooner than now, haha. Thanks friend! I honestly grew to love pixel art, and I mean really love it, and I believe I'm at a point now where I'm legitimately proud of the work I'm doing (maybe enough so to take on that Rayquaza WIP again lol). It makes me so happy that I can share that with you. The CSS on the other hand....

..well that was a labor of love. I mean seriously. I sat down one day and just worked and worked until I made everything look right. And actually, since the webfonts and being finicky, I just put up new titles for everything. Thinking of converting all text to images now, actually. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Thank you so much for your support. <3

I reworked the dragon's den piece too.
dragon_den_edited-1_zps4d7522dc.png
dragons_dennew_edited1.png

original ---> updated

Besides adding a greater color ramp (displayed below), my objective was to really include depth. So the colors are substantially brighter and more saturated, allowing the contrast to do most of the work for me. Big additions include the moon, a mountain (lending much better to the name "Dragon's Den"), and adding to the overall width of the piece. Among other things.

original ramp - 8 colors
color_palette_01_zps358c7a93.png

updated ramp - 10 colors
color_palette_02_zps6d8785d3.png

I'm really, really, really, really tempted to up the color count again to 12, because I feel like I'm lacking in the darker tones but I don't know. It's not the final-final-final rendition, as I've since worked on it again.. I'm just not sure if I want to keep going. Willing to take suggestions!

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I reworked the dragon's den piece too.
dragon_den_edited-1_zps4d7522dc.png
dragons_dennew_edited1.png

original ---> updated

original ramp - 8 colors
color_palette_01_zps358c7a93.png

updated ramp - 10 colors
color_palette_02_zps6d8785d3.png

My jaw literally fell open, dude.

Like... dude. I envied your works before, but I surely envy them now. The original was a lovely piece of work in itself, but the addition of the moon, the mountains, more clouds, vibrant colors, outlines of the dragons.. it all adds up to a very vibrant and gorgeous pixel. While I'm seriously in love with this piece, I do feel there is one thing that does bother me. (I hope critique is okay. ;;; )

Namely : The tree. Unfortunately when it was reworked, it feels as though the tree has become more of the focal point than the dragons. Judging by the outline you added to the dragons, you tried to make that less of the case, but I'm still finding my eyes wandering back to the tree - which is obviously not where they are supposed to be. I think the problem is that the tree's branches collide right into the dragons now and that the colors on the tree and the ground below it became far more vibrant in the rework.

I can't help but feel like the tree's pallet should be the same as it was originally, since it helped keep the vibrance of it to a minimum. I also find myself wishing the size and spacing of the overall piece remained the same as the original - to avoid any dragon-colliding.

But I still seriously love this thing. I sat here and stared at it for a good few minutes, memorized by it's beauty. Fantastic job!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My jaw literally fell open, dude.

Like... dude. I envied your works before, but I surely envy them now. The original was a lovely piece of work in itself, but the addition of the moon, the mountains, more clouds, vibrant colors, outlines of the dragons.. it all adds up to a very vibrant and gorgeous pixel. While I'm seriously in love with this piece, I do feel there is one thing that does bother me. (I hope critique is okay. ;;; )

Namely : The tree. Unfortunately when it was reworked, it feels as though the tree has become more of the focal point than the dragons. Judging by the outline you added to the dragons, you tried to make that less of the case, but I'm still finding my eyes wandering back to the tree - which is obviously not where they are supposed to be. I think the problem is that the tree's branches collide right into the dragons now and that the colors on the tree and the ground below it became far more vibrant in the rework.

I can't help but feel like the tree's pallet should be the same as it was originally, since it helped keep the vibrance of it to a minimum. I also find myself wishing the size and spacing of the overall piece remained the same as the original - to avoid any dragon-colliding.

But I still seriously love this thing. I sat here and stared at it for a good few minutes, memorized by it's beauty. Fantastic job!

Critiques are always welcome! :) It's how you learn, after all.

I agree about the tree. I attribute it to the lightened and more vibrant purple being used, as it's so stark against the background and pulls away from the dragons (which, you're correct, is also why I outlined the dragons, to try to pull the attention back). I tried to remedy this by resizing it, but I haven't posted that version yet haha. The palette of the tree, however, is static. I can't change it or I'd be diverging from the set 10 color palette. If I went darker with it, the tree would blend into the background. That being the case, I've begun development on a new 12 color palette yaaay.
color_palette_03update_zpsc5b44baa.png

I don't know if I'm going to officially use it yet, but I'm thinking about it. Naturally, the height of the piece will be increased to reflect the colors, so that'll change too haha. But hey, that's art for you. Always something to work on! :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Made a couple more things, mostly cute pixel signature templates. Still working on Dragon's Den. Although I started another new project dedicated to Megalodon. >:3

Anyway, here's a userbar I made for Magic's up and coming Fire Red hack; Pokemon Fae. Go check it out!
pokemon_fae_userbar03_zps599c8cc0.png

pokemon_fae_userbar01_zps45a9c221.png

And the signature things
garden-_signature02_zpsee921847.png

pixel_border_07_edited-1_zps4f25636f.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Still on a big pixel binge. I swear it has become my favorite medium. More than traditional/digital art, I swear. ;n; It's been so rewarding and I can't stop ahhh.

Anyway, this isn't much, but I've created my own signature watermark

FairysCherry-DreamShop_brush03_zps67e2c98c.png

It reads: Fairy's Cherry♥Dream "Pixel Queen" Creations

And I'm working on creating my own dithering photoshop pattern pack. So you'll be able to download it and use dithering creations I've made in your own pixel works! So far, I've got traditional and personal variants of 75%, 50%, and 25% dithers, as well as some skewed ones like 90% and 10%. I'm kind of excited about it, but much like everything else I do it's unfinished! Just keep on the look out!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haven't updated in a while. I may have posted these in the past, but they all come as a series of sorts of here they are. These are my little signature pixel pieces, much like the ones I've been using for a while now. They are free to use, so long as credit is given.

pixie_border_FINAL_zpsbb5562e7.png

garden-_signature02_zpsee921847.png

pixel_border_04_edited-1copy_zps75e2b83e.png

pixel_border_05_zpsfc5f11d5.png

pixel_border_07_edited-1_zps4f25636f.png

pixel_border_03_zps7e97a8e4.png

r6lqqa52_zps7be4253d.png

r6lqqa52_edited-2_zpsa9b00303.png

pixel_border_06_zpsef18624d.png

pixel_border_11_zps028d5d89.png

pixel_border_12_zps15d7633a.png

Pokemon themed:
clefable_sig_unmerged_edite_zps3da99ad3.gif
(WIP)
pixel_border_012final_zpsdd18007a.gif

Snivy_signature_requestfin_zpsa2e8c3c9.gif

With more to come yaaaay

Poki

Banned
Years
I've always admired pixel art the most. It requires a ton of patience, and precision. If a single pixel is misplaced, it can ♥♥♥♥ up everything, y'know? Your art is truly fantastic, so keep it up.

I've only recently started practicing on doing pixel art, which was something I wanted to do a long, long time ago, but procrastination got the best of me. Getting the hang of dithering. It's both fun, and annoying as ♥♥♥♥.

Now that I mentioned it, which part of the whole process of creating a pixel art piece do you find the most troublesome? Just curious. ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've always admired pixel art the most. It requires a ton of patience, and precision. If a single pixel is misplaced, it can ♥♥♥♥ up everything, y'know? Your art is truly fantastic, so keep it up.

I've only recently started practicing on doing pixel art, which was something I wanted to do a long, long time ago, but procrastination got the best of me. Getting the hang of dithering. It's both fun, and annoying as ♥♥♥♥.

Now that I mentioned it, which part of the whole process of creating a pixel art piece do you find the most troublesome? Just curious. ^^

Thank you. I appreciate the support. :)

After I got the hang out it, dithering became one of my favorite parts of pixel art. Just because I love the before and after feel/look of smoothing out what is a completely angular and straight line. How in that process you learn how to manipulate and trick the eye into seeing something completely different.

For me, I definitely face multiple problems with pixel art. Some more annoying than others depending on what the piece is. While actually spriting, my issues are just what you said, the fact that one single pixel will throw everything off. Depicting something like a face with an expression in an area smaller than 30x30 is something I struggle with. Another thing is symmetry. I have a hard time with keeping things even; which is essentially fighting my own perfectionism as opposed to the actual work, but you know what I mean aha.

Poki

Banned
Years
Thank you. I appreciate the support. :)

After I got the hang out it, dithering became one of my favorite parts of pixel art. Just because I love the before and after feel/look of smoothing out what is a completely angular and straight line. How in that process you learn how to manipulate and trick the eye into seeing something completely different.

For me, I definitely face multiple problems with pixel art. Some more annoying than others depending on what the piece is. While actually spriting, my issues are just what you said, the fact that one single pixel will throw everything off. Depicting something like a face with an expression in an area smaller than 30x30 is something I struggle with. Another thing is symmetry. I have a hard time with keeping things even; which is essentially fighting my own perfectionism as opposed to the actual work, but you know what I mean aha.

Dithering is quite fun to do, but it does take a lot of practice to actually get the hang of it. I've always struggled with shading, and lighting, so yeah. It's not complicated or anything, as it's just a simple pattern to follow (the method I'm using, at least), but you just have to know where to put it in order to get the blending effect you're going for. But yes, the end result is always pleasing to the eye, once you zoom out. If done right, of course.

I understand, even though I'm still only playing around with boxes, shading, and such. Just experimenting, 'til I can do more complicated stuff. Every pixel has to be in the right place, unlike in digital art, y'know? I've played around with both, and even though pixel art looks simpler, it is the more complicated one out of the two.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I haven't been able to comment in your gallery for a while now because, well, everything over here is just too damn alien to me. XD; I'll be honest, I've been here multiple times just to type a paragraph or two and then erase all that and go "i'll write up a post sometime later. a proper post". But enough of that bullcrap.

Seriously, I feel like a complete n00b over here. No matter which piece I look at, I can't help but go "woooooowwww!! this is SO good! ;____;". Be it the phoenix rising piece or the dragon's den piece - my reaction is always that of awe. I've always looked up to pixel artists because of the fact that the art takes a really good amount of time and effort. But your work...I have nothing else to describe it with other than a "they look really beautiful", I'm afraid. I'm sorry my lack of knowledge about the various techniques and the medium in general prevents me from going any further.

tl;dr I'm unable to say anything because I'm awe-struck, Jo. ;____;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahh sorry for not responding guys. My notifications didn't indicate any quotes or likes here so I only just realized there was more replies hah.

I've got more signature-esque Pokemon pixel art! I think the last one I showed you guys was Snivy.. but oh boy do I have more to show ya.

altatia_pixel_signature02r_zpsbd45370e.gif

drifblim_sig_02_zpsff0e38ac.gif

arcanine_siggif_zps98b6939c.gif

gardevoir_sig_unmerged_zps5e40b682.gif

Whimsicott_BW2_zps0b89bbd4.gif

pichu_brosig04_zps8a9b3465.gif

Shinx_NBunmerged_zps30f5591c.gif

Umbreon_signature_zps35d3553d.gif

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I really don't know much about pixel art but your work never fails to amaze me. Pixel art is one of my frustrations. Every pixel should be placed right because just one can throw everything off. I really admire the dedication and patience put into these things.

I liked the cat signature and the black signature piece on the previous post. The cat signature looks so adorable and the black signature piece just appeals to me so much.

I really like how you did the Altaria one. The clouds looks so fluffy and soft. The blue ribbon things worked well for it too.

I also like how simple and clean the Shinx one looks like. The colors suit it very well too.

The Drifblim one is awesome too, but I think the clouds on this one has a lesser cloudy feel, but hey, that's just me xD.

Overall, your signature pixel pieces all look wonderful. There's so much style and elegance as there is simplicity in your works. Keep up the good work >w<

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
Just had to stop by and say your pallets are insane!!! Every pixel placed is absolutely magnificent. That phoenix is gorgeous as well. I lovd the drifblim box as well. I am now a fan girl xD
If I ever get off my butt and relearn CSS I'd totally use it xD

Years
Wow awesome stuff! I really like your style and its pretty evident that you are making huge progress.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
OH MY GOD !!!!! WHAT A WONDERFUL art ! i am a fan of your now. I really love your amazing Pokemon sprite. That Rayquaza was total awesome. Best of luck with your art.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thank you so much guys! I appreciate your support.

Unfortunately, this gallery is being closed until further notice pending the resolution of broken images. Thank you everyone!
I do not have a date regarding when this will be fixed, sorry. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back