• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • I'm here, I'm here, n worries. I'll also take Bates and Griggs as teachers, if that's okay.

Name: Alec Crushing
    Age/Grade/Room #: 17/Junior/306 :P
    Physical Appearance: Sparkling green eyes and short, curly brown hair combined with his height give Alec reasonably striking features. Though not very muscular, he has a rather large build, with the broad shoulders of his grandfather. Though he might look somewhat severe at first glance, he's got a nice smile and laugh a little deeper down. Typically, he'll dress in blue jeans or camo pants with any number of t-shirts, though there is one he favors, with a picture of the Buddha on it and the text "Inquire Within." His footwear is typically a pair of serviceable (if rather worn) shoes. If the weather requires it, he adds an old Army field jacket to the mix.
    Personality: Alec is Alec. Most find little other way to describe him. He's one of those people who's completely out there, knows it, and doesn't care, no matter what people say. He doesn't really care what they say either. He can be a little hard to ap[proach at times, either because of the remanants of shyness left over from his boyhood, or because of his outlandishness, but he's rather friendly at heart, although it's more his kindness and compassion that shows through. At heart, he's a pacifist, though he does have a cruel streak that can be brought out every so often.
    Pokemon: Kadabra, Absol, Espeon, Hitmonlee

RP Sample: It was a rough battle. Profewssor Bates was good, I had to give him that much. Still this was my Intermediate Battling final, and I HAD to beat him to pass. It was, after all, the last final of my sophomore year at the academy, and I wanted to keep coming. Hence, grades had to stay up. Taking advantage of one of the advantages of training a Psychic-type, I thought towards Espeon, Break left and duck. My Espeon, Nanashi by name did so, neatly dodging a Flamethrower. Mentally, I added, Now, rapid-fire Psybeams. Nana did so, leaping out from behind a rock and peppering the battlefield. I nodded as I heard the buzzer, saying I'd passed.

I smiled, stretching my arms out and cracking my knuckles. I caught Professor Bates' congratulatory nod as I filed out of the arena classroom, returning to my own room. I sighed, remembering that one of my best friends, had just graduated. My roomate, she'd been an immense well of support over the past two years. I was just getting over a massive crush on her. It probably wouldn't be good for me to stay there. Maybe I'd request a new room next year. Maybe not.

My friend, Jessi by name, Aki to her friends swooped down on me as I entered, hugging me. I laughed, as I overtopped her by a good seven inches, hugging her back. I said happily, "I passed, you know." She giggled and squealed, excitable as ever. On a more somber note, I added, "Promise you'll call, okay?" She nodded and said, "As long as you do." I nodded my assurance. She stood up and lightly kissed me on the cheek, saying, "I need to be off, though. I'll see you at graduation."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Name: Rian Kitsune
    Age/Grade/Room #: 14/Sophomore/410
    Physical Appearance: Rian's hair is a slightly dark brown with natural pale brown highlights. His eyes are a bright, innocent emerald. Rian wears a baseball hat backward, has two earrings in his left ear, and wears a pair of handcuffs that have both the cuffs on the right wrist. His attire is rather casual, consisting of a loose t-shirt, sweater-jacket tied about his waist, and khaki pants. (In serious battles, Rian often removes his hat.)
    Personality: Rian is usually rather quiet and withdrawn--spending most of his time training his Pokemon. However, he also seems relatively amiable and almost innocent. Due to his generally passive and accepting nature, most are unsure as to how he is able to control his Gyrados. Rian rarely displays anger, though he may feel such emotions in certain situations (particularly when viewing blatent arrogance or dishonor). While he may often appear clueless or naive, Rian usually knows and understands far more than he is willing to tell. But, though he has had quite a bit of experience with the darkness of life, he is, in actuality somewhat unfamiliar with parts of life's normalcies.
    Pokemon: Scyther, Gyarados
    RP Sample:

Sirens blared out in rhythm with flashing red lights as an ambulance sped along the street. The last rays of sunlight set the sky afire with gold and crimson--a fitting elegy for one whose life was fading so quickly.

"How's he doing?" the ambulance driver questioned, his gruff voice tainted by choking at the horror of the victim's condition.

"I-I don't think he'll make it," a medic stammered as he pressed an oxygen mask over the mangled face of the youth lying limply before him.

To this the driver did not respond, rather biting his lip as he lowered the vehicle's visor to block a flare of sunlight. A drop of blood tumbled from the man's bitten lip as a rasping cough reached his ears.

The victim's chest heaved in a desperate attempt to breathe as spurts of scarlet erupted from his mouth. Moving the oxygen mask away from the young male's lips, a medic wiped the clear plastic with a sterile cloth. "Come on . . . " he murmured, again placing the mask over the face of the injured trainer. "Please, breathe . . . "

A series of spasms shook the youth's body as his head struggled away from the oxygen mask, causing his blood-matted brown hair to be further stained by the crimson liquid flowing from his neck. However, the medic firmly resisted the trainer's attempts at escape, retaining the position of the breathing device on the male's thoroughly gashed face.

Suddenly, a single convulsion ran through the injured male as his emerald-green eyes snapped open, followed by a weak shudder. Throughout the vehicle, a single, piercing tone rang out from the electrocardiogram as the monitor displayed the words every medic fights against. Heartbeats per minute: 0.

Last edited:

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • TAD, you have been accepted. :P

Dragon Paw and Kogenta, you're both in too! I think it is now time to start the Academy!! *throws confetti* It's my new trademark! :P

If there are others that want to join, you still can, for an amount of time... Or as long as there are still bed vacancies.

IC: I walked into my room, Dancelle perched on my shoulder. She looked around the room and smiled. Nice place! she said happily.

I nodded. It'll do. I hope I don't have a room mate... I "spoke" back, my mindvoice a little bitter.

Dancelle sighed. A room mate would be good for you. I wish you would talk to other people sometimes.

I didn't say anything back as I yanked my bags into the room and began rumaging around for my bedclothes. I found my black, jersey sheets and pulled them onto the twin-sized bed. I then spread out my blood-red comforter and tossed a black-encased pillow to the top. Dancelle giggled and attempted to help, thought being as small as she was, she got in my way more often.

I found myself smiling and giggling despite myself as I began to file my clothes into my closet.

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
    Years
  • Walking towards her designated bed, trainer Kasei plopped down on the bed. She yawned and lay down on the pure rose pink covers, of which she had already lain out. A tiny Eevee, smaller than normal, that bore shiny brown fur, hopped up onto the bed. Kasei's stare went blank as she imagined a beam of indigo energy connecting the two of them together at the forehead. Once the mindlink was established, Kasei sat up for a moment, staring around the room in front of her. Her gaze eventually stopped on Seishin, the Eevee.

'Hello Seishin. Err... What happened to Reiki? She was right behind us a moment ago.' said Kasei, via her mind. Kasei mentally kicked herself, she should've kept a better eye on Reiki. Little did she know, an albino Charmander was sat on the bed behind her. The Charmander's bright pink eyes watered as she realized, via a mind link she had established herself with Kasei, that she wasn't noticed. Seishin replied with a wave of confused and unscertain emotions.

Suddenly, Kasei became aware of a wave of distressed emotions. Turning to see the source of emotions, she scooped up the Charmander, Reiki, and rocked the flaming Pokemon in her arms, mindful of the pink flame on her tail. Kasei terminated all energy mindlinks as she stared down at the Charmander. She wondered if Reiki would live long, being as how she was so prone to illness and weakness.

Sighing, Kasei set Reiki down on the bed and picked up her suitcase that contained her meager belongings. She opened up the suitcase and began to take out pairs of different, bright colored, clothes out and set them in neat stacks in her closet while her Pokemon watched her with smiles on their faces and interest in their eyes. After the clothes were out, her Pokemon still watching her with interest, she closed the suitcase and shoved it in a little space in the corner of the closet.

"Well, that's done." said Kasei cheerfully. Her Pokemon nodded, as if understanding her human speak. Although they did have a rough idea of what she was talking about. Kasei had been in the process of teaching them English...

~Ozy~

Years
  • I sighed, walking back to my room from last year. I'd left it too late to change it, I'd have to deal with the memories. I hadn't heard from Aki all summer, by this point I was worried sick. Dark circles had appeared under my eyes and my normally tanned skin was somewhat greyish. Fatigue did not to good things to my body.

I turned the doorknob and walked in, eyes cast towards the floor. Hence, I didn't notice the person now occupying Aki's old space. I dropped my pack onto my old bed and set my bag heavily onto the floor. Kneeling I unzipped it, seeing as I opened it a framed photo of Aki and I.

I'd thought myself over her, but the summer had proved otherwise. She still dominated my thoughts. I knew it wasn't healthy, but I couldn't help myself. Couldn't help but jump every time the phone rang, or sift through the mail daily, hoping for a leter. I sighed again and said, "Where are you?"

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I gasped as he entered the room and placed his things on the bed. I DO have a room mate?! I shrieked.

Dancelle merely bubbled. say something to him!

I shuddered and pulled my knees to my chest, my baggy clothes hanging over my terribly thin body. My lavender eyes were still rather sad. I spoke very softly, rather afraid. "Who are you talking to?"

~Ozy~

Years
  • I looked over, a rather dead expression filling my eyes. I muttered, "An old friend. Or rather, a photo of her." I sighed, the worry filling me again. All summer with no word... What had happened?

I added quietly, and with a little edge to my voice that I couldn't keep out, "That's her bed you're sleeping on." I shook my head and managed a weak (very weak) smile, adding, "I'm sorry. That wasn't nice." My voice turned rather kind now as I asked, "Is this your first year at the Academy?" She looked so small and frial, it seemed only logical.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I shook my head. "I'm a sophomore this year. The room transfer was because my old roomie and I... we didn't get along..."

I suddenly became aware of the tone of voice he was using. Old friend. It was painfully obvious that he thought of her to be more. Though, the thought didn't matter to me, I didn't know him, and I knew it was dangerous to get close to anyone.

I also became aware of the fact that I was talking to him. I cast my eyes to my bed, blushing a bit as I did so. I wasn't to talk... Not to anyone other than Dancelle lest it proved absolutly necissary...

~Ozy~

Years
  • I nooded, knowing how that went. I took the photo out and placed it reverantly on my nightstand, saying kindly still, "I know how that goes. I had the same issue in my freshman year." I blushed and added, "But I met Aki because of that." I smiled and said, "Maybe I can help you as much as she did me. I hope so."

I paused for a moment and looked over at her seriously, adding, "At the very least, we're going to have to get along." I flashed her another grin, trying my best to keep my thoughts off my worries. It came out somewhat strained, though. I added, "My name's Alec, by the by."

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I gave him a very small smile, rather nervous. "I'm Kaetlina. Please, call me Kat," I said in barely more than a whisper.

I noticed that my sleeve had gotten pushed up to my elbow, revealing my terribly thin arm and wrist. It didn't bother me at all, in fact, the sight made me proud. Though, I knew that not everyone felt the same, and I could hardly imagine Alec would react as I did when I looked myself over.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "I will." I said with a small smile, now taking out my sheets and stretching them over the bed. Though I had noted her appearance, I didn't mention it, figuring t would be best to let her talk to me about it in her own time.

Besides, if Aki had taught me anything, it's that no one lived up to the same ideals as anyone else. If this was who she was, then this was who she was, and it wasn't up to me to tell her that she needed to be anyone else.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Anna softly chuckled as she walked into her room, her trunk floating next to her as her hand was held up, a light purple light surrounding both her hand and the trunk. At her side was her Espeon, Leo, and her Raichu, Sparkle.

"Espeon... esp..", Leo sighed looking up to his trainer.

Anna laughed as she set the trunk down on the floor in front of one of the beds. She then reached down and petted the Psychic pokemon.

"Yes, I know I'm a show off. But hey.. I got the powers, might as well make some use out of them!", she laughed flopping down on the bed and waving her hand.

As she did this, her trunk flung open and everything was put neatly into place. As she finished, she looked to a few pictures that had been placed on her desk, and she sighed a little.

"Man... I miss him...", she sighed as she took a long look at a picture of her brother.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I sighed a bit and walked over to my closet, pulling out a bag that contained my pointe shoes. Kirlia noticed the light brown, suede bag and immediatly was at my side. She enjoyed dancing almost as much as I did. It was just who we were. I also pulled a leorard and a pair of pink tights out and stuffed them into the bag. A sheer, black skirt that would do little more than cover my waist and upper thighs followed.

I went to the bathroom and changed into the clothes and redressed in my baggy clothes. No one needed to see me in traditional ballet attire.

I wordlessly left Alec, not trying to be cold, just falling back into my old habits of speechlessness. I wasn't expecting a reaction from him, most people ignored me anyways. All the better for me. Turning a corner, I found my little secluded spot near the Academy wall. It was cement covered, so a stumble and fall often caused me large amounts of bleeding. It didn't happen often though, I was far from being a dancing novice.

Stripping out of my baggy clothes, my thin figure could be fully seen. I tied the skirt to my waist and slid my feet into my shoes, lovingly lacing them up my calves. Dancelle smiled and rose up onto her own pointe, aided by her psychic powers.

I didn't use mine. I merely pushed up onto pointe, grimacing as the cement in the toes bit into my flesh. It had been too long since I'd danced... I began a graceful dance, one from my solo in Swan Lake the past year.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I followed after her, silently, with grace given by years of martial arts and hiking. I was intrigued, to be sure, and a little miffed that she had nothing else to say to me. still, it was her, nothing needed saying. hopefully we'd be able to have a longer talk soon enough.

As I rounded a corner, I saw her dancing. It wasn't something I was particularly familiar with, but it was indeed beautiful to watch. Kat too, I found alluring in a way. I smiled softly, looking on without alerting her to my presence. I didn't want to interrupt her.

Though I didn't recognize it, as caught up in her dancing as I was, my mind wasn't on Aki at all. No worries, no pining, nothing. Kat was filling my thoughts instead.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I looked around as I walked into my room calmly. There didn't seem to be anyone here yet, but I could always get a room mate. So I was conscious of space as I began to unpack my things, never letting my pokeballs off my person. I already knew enough about being a trainer that I wasn't stupid enough to risk losing my pokemon because of an accident...

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • ooc: always late *sighs* anyway... just telling... when my pok?mon talk, I will use "[]"s... sorry for my ignorance if they have a name...

I walked in my new room of the academy with my Pikachu on my shoulders and looked around. "wow... and this is mine!! I will have no room mate!!" I yelled as I let my bags hit the floor. Pikachu jumped off my shoulders when I closed the door and said in his 'pok?mon language' [why do you think you will have no room mate? you can't be so sure... and will you try atleats of moving these bags!?] as he tried to move the bags by himself... but he failed. He suddenly saw I was jumping on a bed... and he sighed. Pikachu jumped on the other bed... he was like a mini version of myself.

Years
  • OOC: This post is dedicated to all the former members of any of the major 'Academy' Role Plays that no-longer come to PC, it's in memory of you guys!! :'(

"For sure!" Noah stated in a firm tone, filled with reassurance. With that, he walked out of the auditorium with his aunt and uncle. Julia quickly caught up with them, walking back to her room soon after. She got her luggage, Noah got his, and together, they walked out of the Academy to the front gates, when the egg their aunt was holding slowly began to wiggle. After about 30 seconds of watching the egg in front of the gates, a tiny red head poked out of the shell, shedding a soft cry.

"A Vulpix?..." Noah asked, beginning to remember what happened the previous year to T.K.'s Vulpix.

"What else does it look like? A Feebas!?" Julia said in a stern tone, adoring the sheer beauty of the tiny Vulpix. She poked her head out of the shell now, after seeming fairly timid, and glanced at Noah, then Julia, then to their aunt and uncle.

"Pii, vu... pi?" She looked very confused, but managed to crawl out of the egg and into the arms of Noah's aunt. Her silky fur shimmered in the sunset, and her only tail waved gradually behind her...

Noah glanced over his pictures, starting from when he was very young...

The first, with nine people... T.K., a petit, blonde boy dressed in a green jacket and cargo shorts.

Nikki, a tall, well-shaped graduate that year, with long black hair, pale skin, and wearing a black tanktop, following a pair of white, fitted pants.

Hope, a girl in her teens who looked very feminine, defined by her bright, long pink hair, pink polo-shirt, and white skirt.

Anna, a blonde haired girl dressed in a pink shirt, and black pants.

Fox, brother to Noah, a red-headed, ambitious male.

Noah himself,

Julia, Noah's young, blue-haired sister.

And Jenna's red head, poking out from the bottom, right-hand corner of the picture...

The second,
    Anna, looking more competetive than ever... Right next to Noah.

Julia, slowly maturing into a young girl, wearing a cake of make-up on her face, a black tank-top, and a black skirt to match her long, black-haired friend, Monica.

Marina, a blue-haired, blue-eyed girl wearing a white tanktop and a dark-blue mini skirt.

Scott, dirty Blonde hair, sapphire eyes, red sweatshirt, blue jeans, shoved right between Monica and Julia, both on either side of him.

Nat, dark brown, curly hair, deep brown eyes, medium bulid...

Blaze, still wearing the same black muscle shirt, faded blue jeans, and cowboy hat he came to the school in, absent-mindedly having his elbow on Nat's shoulder.

Skye, long blonde hair held back by a purple scarf. Her blue-indigo eyes, and oval, smiling face almost made her look as friendly as she really was.

And Dex, standing very close to Nat, Wearing a long black trenchcoat, black baggy trousers, and a wide brimmed black hat...

All were good friends... But he's kept in touch with almost none...

'... You guys... Fox...' He thought to himself, his eyes tearing up.

'I miss the good ol' days...' Pikachu and Vulpix looked up at him, wanting to do something... But really lost almost all connection with their trainer since the accident. He sat crouched over the picture on his bed, covered now in deep blue sheets, and pillow covered in white pillow-covers.

Just then, he heard someone barge through the door.

"wow... and this is mine!! I will have no room mate!!" He heard, rubbing away the tears from his eyes quickly, putting the pictures back into his suitcase, and shoving it under his bed. Along with the new, clumsy looking trainer was a pikachu. Noah's Pikachu and Vulpix were relieved, finally they could talk with another life-form...

'Pika!' Pikachu greeted quickly, Noah didn't turn around until just then, his face still a bit flushed.

'...Hi, I'm Noah...'

And so, the new year began...

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Suddenly... I heard voices... I stopped jumping and so did Pikachu. [Hi!] said Pikachu to the strangers. "Um... Hi... I'm Max" I said as I jumped off the bed and landed on the floor. Pikachu jumped and landed on the floor just infront of Noah's pok?mon. "sorry for the yelling and stuff" I added. [why do I think you're disappointed?] Pikachu joked and I made an evil glare at him.

Years
  • Noah chuckled for the first time in what seemed like ages, smiling for a moment.

'Hi... Nice to meet you,' he sighed, feeling refreshed to find someone like him for a change. There was always so much tension in his house, he never enjoyed being there.

'Princess...' He muttered, watching Pikachu. It'd been a long time since he'd referred to her by her nickname (and it'll help in identifying the two as well, LOL). Princess and Vulpix both looked up at Noah, very surprised.

'Did he just say what I think he said?' Princess asked Vulpix and Pikachu, not expecting an answer. Vulpix, being too young to understand, only said

'Hi!' In a perky attitude to no one in general. A smile grew onto Princess' face, she made eye-contact with Noah, then looked at Pikachu.

[/i]'So... Tell me about your trainer! Hehehe!!'[/i] She loved gossip... Had loved gossip since the second year... She could have very well been corrupted by Julia's Marill and Anna's Cyndaquil in the first year, being too young to understand back then.

'So... Is this your first year at this Academy?' Noah asked Max, hoping it would eventually lead to some conversation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back