• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    So I have a question. What comes first the effect of an attack or the damage?
    So the scenario:
    My opponent used an attack which the effect reads that all energy attached to that Pokémon is discarded.
    It does 130 damage so it also knocks out my Pokémon.
    This is a problems because I have wishful baton so all energy attached to that Pokémon is transferred WHEN KNOCKED.
    I'm just so confused.

Years
  • So I have a question. What comes first the effect of an attack or the damage?
    So the scenario:
    My opponent used an attack which the effect reads that all energy attached to that Pokémon is discarded.
    It does 130 damage so it also knocks out my Pokémon.
    This is a problems because I have wishful baton so all energy attached to that Pokémon is transferred WHEN KNOCKED.
    I'm just so confused.

Which specific cards are we talking about? Need to know to better clarify these rules, as I think you're reading that first attack wrong as I can't recall any attacks that both do 130 damage and discard all energy attached to your opponent's Pokemon.

Are you talking about the Charizard from Team Up with the Roaring Resolve ability and the Continuous Blaze Ball attack? If yes, then what is actually supposed to happen is that Charizard is supposed to lose all the energy attached to it.

Bradaction

TCG player - 34th Brisbane Regional Championships,
    Years
  • I believe when a Pokemon is knocked out after effects of attack, so energy would be discarded, but I am not one hundred % sure. :)

Back