• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water/Fighting deck from a long time ago

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
  • So, here's a deck that I slapped together a long time ago, but has now changed after a few considerations I've made. For those of you curious: no, it doesn't follow any format. Here we go!
    23 Pokémon Cards said:
    4 Poliwag (Base Set)
    2 Poliwhirl (One is Base Set, one is Expedition)
    1 Poliwrath (Base Set)
    1 Horsea (Fossil)
    1 Seadra (Neo Genesis)
    1 Kingdra (Neo Genesis)
    2 Staryu (Base Set)
    1 Starmie (Base Set)
    2 Lapras (One is Japanese Fossil (!), one is Southern Islands)
    1 Manaphy (Diamond and Pearl)
    2 Machop (One is Base Set, the other one is Expedition)
    2 Machoke (One is Base Set, the other one is Expedition)
    2 Machamp (One is Base Set, the other one is Expedition)
    1 Hitmonchan (Base Set)
    14 Trainer Cards said:
    4 Bill (Base Set)
    1 Defender (Base Set)
    1 Energy Charge (Neo Genesis)
    2 Energy Removal (Base Set)
    1 Energy Search
    1 Gust of Wind
    3 Potion (Two are Base Set, one is EX RS)
    1 Professor Oak (Base Set)
    1 Switch (Base Set)
    23 Energy Cards said:
    13 Water
    8 Fighting
    2 Double Colorless (Base Set)
    So, what do you think? Comments and criticism appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What's this deck's preferred route for winning? It's not apparent to me from you list what that is. I also think we could streamline it so there are no excess Pokemon and so we can get down to around 15 energy total. Not following a format means you've got lots of freedom with using the best trainer cards in the game, such as Roseanne's Research, which is an amazing card.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • Well, honestly, I wanted it to emphasize more Pokes, but my parents suggested I switch out the excess Pokes for a few Trainer and Energy cards. I ended up doing so, and narrowed down to a few families of evolution (Bar Hitmonchan, a fan favorite out of all the Wizards!Basics). It's mainly a balanced deck.

• Not one, but four Bills helps me draw the cards I need, especially if I get a decent hand going.
    • Poliwag family is the star of the deck, and the main bruiser (Hitmonchan is also a bit player).
    • Manaphy works in tandem with Horsea, SI!Lapras, and Base!Hitmonchan thanks to Call for Family.
    • Both Lapras are mostly there to grind opponents down with Confusion, Paralysis, and Sleep. One test game I set up against my copy of the Psy Crusher deck had one of those Pokémon constantly asleep due to bad coin luck! SI!Lapras can use Gentle Song to heal itself while lulling foes, but with the small cost of healing them as well.
    • Double Colorless can get Hitmonchan, Poliwrath, and the Machamp going in a flash.
    • Potions and Super Potions in case Pokes need healing.

Last edited:
    Back