• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Suggestions For Pokes to Add to a Battle Tower Team?

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
Hey all, this is primarily with regards to DP, as I'm playing Pearl, but if there is a Battle Tower in HG/SS (please don't tell me, I'm about to get the game in the mail today so I won't be done playing it until probably sometime next week!), but I just beat Palmer for the first time and am already having a bit of trouble with the next ladder of contenders (my winning streak is presently only 30 or so, and counting). Just wondering if anyone has a few suggestions to add to my team in order to give it the longevity it needs to make it to 100 wins and beyond. Here's is my present team:

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Pressure/Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure/Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Recover
- Hydro Pump (should I replace this with Surf? Sometimes it seems worth it, other times not)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Chlorophyll/Jolly
188 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
- Leech Seed
- U-Turn
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute

Any suggestions of things I should add to my team? I have a Metagross as well, but unfortunately I don't have a TM26 so right now it has Hammer Arm instead of Earthquake (other moves are Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, and Explosion).

Also, before anyone jumps on the Jumpluff hate wagon, you should know that it's the only reason my win streak has made it this far. It has saved my ass so many times. Sleep Powder, set up a sub, then leech seed, and sleep again when the foe wakes up, set up a sub, and rinse and repeat. There have been at least five or six battles in the past 14 in which Jumpluff has been my last man standing and has had to take out my opponent's final two pokemon. Now I'm not sure if that's a testament to Jumpluff's incredible annoyance ability, or rather to the weakness of my team's other two members, but unless I can find a pokemon (or a TEAM, which would be far more preferable) as reliable as my Jumpluff, I'll be incredibly reluctant to remove it from the team.

So yeah, suggestions please! Also, what teams do you guys like to use in the Battle Tower? I don't want this to just be a thread about me, I'm interested in seeing what everyone else likes to use as well :)

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
Ah okay, thank you; I figured since it was for an in-game thing, rather than wifi/PO/etc., it should go in the Fourth Gen section, but my mistake!

Back