• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Pirates of the Whirl Islands - REVAMP [IC] (M)

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
Pirates of the Whirl Islands
148.jpg

This is the IC thread. To sign-up, please see the OOC thread located here.

CURRENTLY 2 SPOTS OPEN

THE CREW

Spoiler:

Prologue
Time: 5:27 p.m
F03D9A799F89DAD2F92158DDD540F332D6384B24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWkq2l8AMlU

Description: As word spread of Toro's search for a brave crew willing to voyage with him to the cursed Whirl Islands, sailors from across Johto jumped at the chance to become immortalized forever from the fame that came completing the job. You are at the meeting spot in which Toro has requested all new crew members meet him, The Spotted Wingull in New Bark Port. This is a shady spot, where many pirates come to gamble and drink their lives away. Drunken swashbucklers and salty wenches line the bar as you await the arrival of your new captain. With all of the hustle and bustle that is going on, it's hard to tell who your potential crew mates might be. Could it be that shady fellow in the corner, the drunken idiot dancing on the table across from you or even the happy young lad to your left? It's impossible to tell at this moment. But one thing is certain, you must watch your back. With everything that is going on, keep your weapon at the ready. You never know what may happen or if you'll need to fight your way out. Keep calm, Toro should be arriving shortly.

Events this chapter:
-Await Toro's arrival.
-Once he arrives, DO NOT approach him until he asks you too.
-After he addresses you, proceed to the ship located at the New Bark Port docks
-Prepare to set sail

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL MY OPENING CHARACTER POST IS POSTED BENEATH THIS ONE

Last edited:

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
CAPTAIN TORO BLAZE
blaziken_by_pr_grunge-d4jx96v.png

The day was slowly turning to night as Toro docked his vessel at the New Bark Port dock. It wasn't an easy task bringing the ship in all by himself, but he managed. Soon enough, he wouldn't be managing his vessel on his own, his crew was awaiting him. Toro had hoped he had got the word out well enough that he would have a full crew waiting for him at pirate tavern known as "The Spotted Wingull." Now, it was time for him to find out. Toro finished docking his boat and began a slow walk towards the tavern that stood on the other side of town. As he walked, he was approached by a Pokemon who seemed to be the harbour master.

"Excuse me sir," the Grumpig spoke to him, a hint of frustration in his voice. "It's ten gold to dock at this port."

Toro looked to him with a blank expression. He knew full well that was not the price to dock here. The price he said was outrageous.

"Ten gold," Toro questioned, his tone level-headed and mysterious. "I don't believe that's the case."

"Is that so," the alleged harbour master scoffed, "Then should I direct you to management to deal with this issue?"

As he spoke, two Abomasnow began to walk forwards and strongly stood behind the Grumpig with their arms crossed.

"Fine," Toro shook his head, annoyed with how he had been swindled. "Just take this and let me pass."

Toro handed him the gold and began to walk off before one of the Abomasnow stopped him.

"We need to know your name," he spoke with a deep voice.

Toro reached into his pocket and pulled out an addition five gold.

"What if I give you this, and you forget about my name?" he asked.

The Grumpig looked to both of his associates who gave him a nod before reaching for the gold.

"Welcome to New Bark Port sir," he said as he walked off.

Toro began walking towards "The Spotted Wingull." As he did, he could hear the passing townsfolk whispering to each other.

"Is that… Toro Blaze?"

"It can't be!"

"Foolish captain. He's gonna' get himself killed."

Toro could hear their astonishment and doubt, but he brushed it off. He had too. If any doubt laid in his mind, it would surely mean the demise of his vessel, his new crew and even himself. This voyage was not for the faint of heart. No one knows what it is really like on those islands, not even Toro. But he faced the cursed crew, he saw what they did to his former captain. He has a first hand account on what can happen should you fail. He may not truly know what lies on the island, but he's the one Pokemon who has the closest idea to it.

Toro reached "The Spotted Wingull," with determination in his eyes. Though no one could see it, as his hat sat low enough on his head that his eyes were covered. He was trying to keep a low profile. The less he was noticed the better. He at least hoped the crew knew who he was and would be able to pick him out of the crowd.

As Toro slowly walked through the crowd of drunken pirates, he spotted a seat at the bar. Toro walked towards it and sat down in front of the bar.

"What'll it be son?" the Xatu bartender asked him politely.

"A pint of your finest brew," Toro answered, sliding some gold across the counter.

The Xatu took the gold and hurried off to fetch Toro's beverage. Toro glanced around the bar to see who his possible crew members were. But it was too hard to tell. The bar was extremely busy tonight.

"Here's your pint son," the Xatu slide the mug towards Toro who grasped it in his hand.

Toro took a gulp from his beverage. That Xatu certainly did bring him their finest brew. Toro placed the mug down onto the bar before looking around the bar again.

"What brings you here son?" the Xatu asked.

Toro didn't say anything. He was weary of saying much about who he was and what he was doing here. If word got out that Toro had arrived, things could get ugly fast.

"Bussiness," Toro quickly responded.

But somehow, the Xatu knew Toro was here for something else and he was not about to give up that easy.

"C'mon son, you and I both know that's not why you're here."

Toro lifted his hat a little bit so he could see the barkeeps eyes.

"I'm looking for a crew, a crew who is brave enough to travel to The Whirl Islands. I said they'd…"

"Arceus above, you're Toro Blaze, the fool-hearted captain," he spoke with excitement.

"Hush," Toro spoke quickly and quietly. "I need to keep this quiet, people aren't necessarily supposed to know I'm here."

"Right, right," the bartender nodded. "Sorry for the inconvenience, it's just, I've heard the stories."

"I'd be surprised if you didn't."

"So you're looking for a crew?"

"That's correct."

"We'll I heard a few of the other barkeeps saying there have been a few customers asking about your arrival."

Toro looked astonished. They asked? Why would you asked? That is the sort of thing that can end badly. If anything, Toro knew he was dealing with a group of Pokemon who have never had or rarely had a day of honest pirating.

"Actually, that's why we're so busy tonight," the Xatu explained, "A lot of people here are waiting for you."

Toro knew this was bad. Sure, his crew would have been amongst these Pokemon. But not only them, but others who are after the treasure are looking to pick a fight with him. Toro knew he had to be careful now and not draw too much attention. If he did, he might get into a bad situation.

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Leo Riley - At the Spotted Wingull.​

The smell of alcohol and tobacco smoke hung heavy in the air, permeating the atmosphere with their unique scents. Most people found bars to be less-than-pleasant, considering the types of people who often frequented them. However, Leo felt perfectly at home in this environment.

The Wartortle sat at a smaller table towards the back of the bar. A small deck of playing cards stood in the center of the table, neatly stacked. Leo had a smug expression on his face as he looked at the cards he held in his hand. Across the table from Leo was a Raichu, also holding cards in his hand with an equally confident grin on his face.

"Here we go, for the third and final set," Leo said with a smile, reaching for the deck in the center and taking the top card, flipping it over on the table, to the right of the deck, face up. "Six."

The Raichu repeated the motion, drawing from the center and placing the card on the left side of the deck face up. "One," he said plainly. Leo flipped over another card, revealing a five, adding up the total of his two cards.

"Eleven."

The Raichu nodded before once again repeating the motion on the opposite side of the deck, drawing a four and adding it to the one he already drew. "Five."

The two kept this up, drawing cards in turn and adding the values of their respective sides together. Leo drew again. "Twelve."

"Fifteen."

"Seventeen."

"Nineteen, and I stand," The Raichu said, looking at the Wartortle with a grin. "Beat that!"

Leo drew again, drawing a five, bringing his total to twenty-two. The Raichu began to laugh slightly, but Leo kept smiling, not fazed by the result.

"Not so fast," Leo said, pulling one of the cards from his hand and placing it on his side of table: a two of clubs. "Subtract two, and that makes twenty. Which means… oh! Right, I win."

"Oh yeah?" The Raichu said, still grinning as he tossed a few coins Leo's way. "You just got lucky, and your luck is about to run out! Best five out of nine?"

"If you insist," Leo replied, returning the cards to the deck and shuffling it. Even though Leo had come here to look for Captain Toro, he couldn't help but get distracted. It was in his nature, especially when there was money to be made. He placed the deck back in the center, the two of them beginning their game anew.

As they continued playing, Leo couldn't help but notice how incredibly crowded this bar was. Though he had never been here before, he suspected it wasn't always this way. There were a lot of pokemon around; some getting plastered at the bar, singing in a drunken stupor as they waved their glasses about, others gambling at the tables, much like Leo. He took a look towards the entrance, seeing what appeared to be a Blaziken enter the bar with a hat covering his head.

"Hmm, could that be…?" Leo wondered to himself. From his seat at the far end of the room, he couldn't get a good enough view at the man to accurately determine his identity. He kept staring for a moment, until a sharp tapping at his table grabbed his attention.

"Hey, it's your go," the Raichu said impatiently, still wearing his confident grin. "I got good cards this time. You're going down!"

"In your dreams!" Leo exclaimed, turning his attention back towards the game at hand.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Mars "Lightfeet" - Erring on Caution​

picture.php

He wasn't scared, that wasn't it at all. No, he was petrified in a way. It was hard to hide emotions from others, and he felt like he was doing a c**p job at it at the moment. He couldn't help but fidget as his arms stayed firmly glued to his sides. He couldn't risk raising them up though, there was no telling if anyone here would notice him or such. He sighed and rubbed his head, managing to keep his biceps still close to his sides as he took in a shaky breath. He could do this. Yes it was hard now, but once he got on a ship then he wouldn't have to worry about too many mon surrounding him now would he? It was hard enough to try and not freak out whenever a mon would push past him on the streets and at one point he had almost had a panic attack when he had been in a crowd and felt something come awful close to his underarm. He had retreated and paced about in the room he had rented, but for now he had to wait here. He had managed to get a booth all to himself since most of the patrons here were near the center or the front of the establishment, eagerly awaiting for the captain.

He didn't know much about pirates, but he hoped the crew wouldn't involve everyone here. It was one thing to only have a few mon around him, it was entirely different to have a hundred mon cramped up on a ship. If that was the case he would scram and have to find some other ship. Maybe it wasn't entirely idiotic to go to an abandoned island or some small town and simply set up there? Still, this was his best bet at the moment and who knew what charge another ship would force him to pay? He noticed the Blaziken come in and find a seat at the front of the establishment, but nothing seemed off about him. No doubt another crew mate and someone else that Mars would have to keep his eyes on.

On the one hand, his years of thieving knew that this was a gold mine. If he wanted to he could easily pick out who he could steal from and swipe a few bags of coins. Still, just yesterday he had almost gotten into yet another situation in a crowd. Thankfully no kids were around, but that didn't mean some wouldn't enter soon and find some way to get close to him. He grabbed his head again and shook it. He knew that wasn't likely to happen, but his mind couldn't shake the feeling of this turning into some sort of nightmare. He was tired with waiting at this point so he made his way up to the front and coughed politely, "Barkeep do you know when this captain is going to get here? It's been some time you know." He stated with a firm tone.

He had to keep calm, not let anyone see his anxious nature. Still despite his intent to keep still he couldn't help but let his left foot tap a bit. He crossed his arms as well, letting his hands slide under his arms for a bit of added protection. Funnily enough the Weavile wasn't doing it on purpose, but it was his subconscious mind auto-piloting his body for now.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
678-female.png
Eliza Minette & Lydia Branda - The Spotted Wingull
Sitting at a table in the corner of the bar, Lydia Branda kept a quiet watch over the room as she kept an eye out for the Blaziken that she and her friend had come all this way to see. Nursing a a bottle of booze in one of her pincher-like hands, she quietly lifted the drink to take a small swig of its contents before resting the bottle back on the table. A small sigh escaped her lips as she took a look about the room.

"It's crowded in here... A lot more than I was hoping it would be," the Scizor said, glancing over in the direction of her friend. The noise of the mass that had gathered in the bar to wait for Toro Blaze was making it hard for the quiet-spoken girl to be heard, much less to hear anyone else that may have wanted to speak with her. Lydia gave a rather irritated sigh as she began to lean back in her chair. "This really is starting to get annoying. That guy better get here soon before I have to clear the room out some to get some form of peace while we wait."

The Meowstic sitting across the small table from the Scizor waved her paw dismissively, her other paw resting around a small glass on the table. "Don't bother. There's alot of battle-ready 'mon in here tonight." She paused, lifting the glass to take a small sip while casually glancing across the crowded, smoke-filled room. "... You could cut the tension in here with a knife. If you start something, it's likely they'll all just pile on top of you."

"I suppose so... Of course, all that does is make me wonder how strong some of these guys are... Been wondering the same thing about this Toro guy too," Lydia remarked. "For all we know, he could just be some guy with nothing more than some hopeless dream. He may not even show up."

Continuing to scan the crowded room, Eliza's folded ears gave a little twitch before she raised a paw to brush away a small fringe of the blue fur on top of her head to make it look a little more neat. "I wouldn't say that. He's one of the only people we know of, who visited the Whirl islands and came back. I doubt a guy who went there and then decided to try and find a new crew to go there would just turn tail and run. Any moment now, he'll be walking through that door..."

As if on cue, the door to the tavern opened again and a Blaziken stepped in, pausing briefly in the doorway before heading up to the bar. Eliza gave a wry smirk and tilted her head lightly to look over at Lydia with no words, but with a rather saying look in her eyes.

Lydia glanced over towards the direction Eliza had signaled for her to. The Scizor's eyes fell right upon Toro Blaze, following the Blaziken as he made his way up towards the bar. While it was difficult to make out his facial features, the rest of what the duo knew about his physical appearance seemed to match up with the information they had gathered.

Lydia smirked, glancing away from Toro and back towards Eliza. "Well, looks like you were right this time... Seems he's keeping a low profile though."

"I don't blame him." She replied, having turned back to the table again, taking another sip of her glass, licking her lips afterwards while her tail swished a little back and forth behind her chair. "... More than half of the people in here are not here to join his crew. Instead of wanting a piece of the treasure, they seem to be wanting a piece of... him. Or, at least, that's what a little birdy told me."

She glanced over Lydia's shoulder and sent a coy little smile at a rather inebriated Pidgeotto sitting in the back room, who responded by waving his wing wildly at her. She sat back up straight in her seat and sent Lydia an overly-innocent smile. "So, I guess we'll just have to wait for him to make a move. I'm very interested in seeing what he's got in mind to get his crew and get out of here in one piece at the same time."

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
I43wup3.png

After what seemed like days, though it had only been a few hours, Kaison finally made his way ashore from the rough seas. He had been treading water ever since the crew of the Bishariss had mugged him and thrown him overboard.

Kaison had left his home in Goldenrod to go on an adventure with the crew of Pawniard and Bisharp, but they had shown their true intent when they passed by Newbark Port. They took Kaison's treasured merchant pouch, which had contained a locket with a portrait of his wife, Jane, along with several berries and apples. The pouch was a family heirloom that had been passed down for five generations.

As soon as his feet were able to reach the sandy ground, Kaison felt as if he was stepping onto a beautiful boat that would bring him to shore. However, he still had a bit of walking to do before he could escape the water surging around him.

It took Kasion about ten more minutes before he could plop down on the dry, sandy ground and enjoy the warmth of the morning sun. He closed his eyes and soon fell into a deep sleep. Kaison didn't wake back up until the sun was on the other side of the sky. He sat up, then realized joyfully that his handkerchief was still tied around his neck.

The yellow cloth was given to him several years before when his late father handed him a Moon Stone so that he could become the Wigglytuff that he was today. The parcel was covered in the yellow handkerchief so that it wouldn't accidentally be used by another Pokemon. Kaison took the yellow piece of cloth as well when he evolved, wrapping it around his neck as a reminder of his father, who passed away about a year later.

He quickly unbuttoned the pocket which Jane had sewn onto the handkerchief so that Kaison could hide small amounts of money in it. He pulled out a handful of gold and silver coins. It wasn't that much, but he could survive for now.

He put the money back and stood up, looking around. A tavern was the closest building to him. He figured that this would be the best place for him to continue his so-called adventure, so he got up and headed towards the building.

As Kaison opened the front door of the tavern, the smell of alcohol and tobacco filled his senses, almost causing him to stumble. For a second, he questioned going in; he wasn't used to the scents of a tavern, as alcohol and tobacco were rarely found on a merchant of Goldenrod. He put down the notion to turn away and stepped in, knowing that he'd have to face greater challenges than this if he was to be an adventurer.

The tavern was filled with Pokemon of all species and walks of life. A group of confident-looking Pokemon sat around a table playing cards; a Sentret sat among them, shaking like a leaf in the presence of stronger Pokemon that probably knew the cards much better than him. In a back corner, a Haunter was creeping upon a Wormadam and a Mothim enjoying a moment alone. A Xatu was serving drinks to the three Poison type Pokemon at the bar, Arbok, Croagunk, and Amoonguss.

Kaison's stomach growled, and he finally realized the aching hunger that came from being at sea for hours. He walked up to the bar and caught the attention of a Kirlia assisting the Xatu. She stepped towards him and did a little pirouette as she greeted him.

"Welcome to the Spotted Wingull, hon. You can call me Shae. What can I get for ya?"

Kaison pulled out a silver piece. "What kind of meal can this get me?"

Shae scoffed. "A liquid one. I can get you a beer, but nothing more."

Kaison placed the coin down, then ran his hand through his tuft of hair a couple times. Then, he closed his eyes and opened them in a certain way, attempting to use his charm on the Psychic Pokemon.

"You wouldn't be so harsh to a Pokemon who tread water all night, would you?" He was pulling for some pity as well, and it was working. Shae smiled and winked, taking the piece.

"I'll help ya, hon, but just this time." Shae twirled away and pushed open the kitchen door to order a meal, then grabbed Kaison a glass of beer, and slid it down the bar to him.

He wasn't one for beer, but it sure hit the spot this time. He was about halfway done when his food came; some potatoes and sausage, at least, that was what it looked like.

As Kaison dug in, a Bibarel approached him and leaned on the bar. "Say, pal, do you know if Toro has come by? I'm just getting here."

Kaison looked up questioningly. "What do you mean?"

"Toro Blaze? The captain looking for a crew for his adventure? I want to make sure I didn't miss him."

"Well, I just got here too. I didn't know anything about a captain coming by, either."

The Bibarel scoffed and walked away, neglecting to say anything else on the matter. Kaison was curious, though. Could this "Toro" be his ticket to adventure, finally?

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Spr_4p_303.png

Aruna Lockharte

Aruna sat quietly at a table in the back of the bar, watching the excitement intently as she tried to figure out who the mysterious Toro Blaze is. A cold glass of barely touched Aprijuice cocktail sat in front of her.

"You gonna drink your drink or you just gonna sit around looking at the scenery?" the Pawniard sitting across from her said dryly. "I still think you're wasting your time, kid." Aruna, unfazed by his snark, turned to him still smiling "Isn't this exciting, Mike? I mean, this Toro Blaze guy sounds like the real deal. And I hear this Whirl Island place is real spooky. Cursed pirates? Giant monsters? What an adventure!" In response, Mike simply shook his head silently and took another swig of ale.

After a while of looking around, Aruna started to notice how tough all the Pokemon around her were. There was an Infernape sitting at one table showing off his muscles to a group of young ladies fawning over him. There was a Machoke and a Gurdurr at another table arm wrestling. Aruna was starting to get nervous. If this was her competition, she doesn't stand a chance at becoming a pirate on Toro Blaze's ship.

Aruna shyly looked to Mike and said "So Mike, uh, don't you have anything even remotely positive to say? Any encouragement?" Mike scoffed and said "Kid, I just don't think you're cut out for this kinda stuff. You got a lot to learn before you're ready to become a bonafide pirate. And if you go head first into something like this you're sure to get yourself killed." Aruna frowned and said "Well, it's worth a try. And you know how bad I need the money." Mike looked at Aruna and said "You're just not thinking clearly is all I'm saying. You gotta have patience. You go jumping at the chance to make quick money and you're bound to get yourself hurt. But whatevs, you do what you wanna do. Just don't expect my blessing is all I'm saying."

Just then, a confident looking Blaziken walked in slowly and sat at the bar. Aruna turned to Mike and said "Hey, look at that guy. The one who just walked in. Do you think that's Toro Blaze?" Mike responded "Could be. But hell, I'm not even convinced this guy is even gonna show, to be perfectly honest." Aruna's eyes fixated on the Blaziken as he spoke to the bartender "He sure looks like he's here for a reason, that's for sure. Like he came here to do something. I'm not seeing that in anyone else here. All these other guys look like they're just here to drink away their worries and show off to other tough guys. This guy's different..." Just then her train of thought was interrupted by a loud crash. The Gurdurr won the arm wrestling match against the Machoke and the table they were playing at broke. Shae scrambled over to the table and scolded the two, her voice drowned out by the cheers and jeers of the crowd. Mike looked calmly at the scene, shook his head and chuckled "Heh, good luck kid..."

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
CAPTAIN TORO BLAZE

"Toro Blaze," a snarky voice spoke from behind Toro.

Toro sat his mug down on the counter and exhaled loudly. He'd been recognized. It was only a matter of time before something bad would happen.

"Turn around boy, I'm talkin' to you."

Toro spun around to face the 'mon who was adressing him. It was a Cacturne with an eye patch over his right eye. Behind him was a small part of his crew, a Zangoose, a Charmeleon and a Toxicroak. The Cacturne had his hand over his sword and looked to be ready to fight.

"Fancy seeing you here Toro. Looking for a crew so you can get to the Whirl Islands?"

"Aye," Toro spoke, showing no emotion in his face or voice, "And I take it you aren't here to join my crew?'

The Cacturne let out a chuckle. He seemed amused that Toro would think that way. But Toro knew what he really wanted.

"You'd guess correctly then," he responded, a cheeky smile etched upon his face. "I'm after something else bird-boy."

"Not a chance in hell," he responded immediately.

The Cacturne let out another laugh. He was having fun with this. But his laughter couldn't hide his determination to get what he wanted.

"So quick to respond. Are ye' sure you know what I really want?"

"The same thing everyone else wants to know. I'm not one to give up that information that easy, sailor."

The smile on the Cacturne's face was now gone. His face now sported a look of frustration. He put more of a grip on his weapon and walked closer to Toro. Toro in turn, placed his hand on the handle of his sword.

"Listen boy," his voice became very serious sounding, "You're going to tell me where the islands are or you're sure going to regret it."

"Go ahead, I'm one of the only 'mon around these parts who knows of their location. Besides, I'll die before I give up that information."

The Cacturne's eyes were fuming and fiery. He was on the verge of breaking. His hand was now firmly grasping his weapon and he was grinding his teeth. Toro had him right where he wanted him now. The Cacturne stepped towards Toro. The two stood face to face with their noses just barely apart.

"Last chance, tell me where they are or I'll kill you where ye' stand," the Cacturne intimidated Toro.

Toro looked the Cacturne dead in the eye. He was so focused that he could see his reflection in the Cacturne's eyes. Toro gave a smirk back to the Cacturne who in turn was fuming with rage.

"No."

Toro quickly spun around, grasped his drink and threw it in the face of the Cacturne. The cacturne stumbled backward, yelling and screaming due to the pain in his one good eye

"Damn it, my good eye!"

The bar grew silent. Everyone turned to see the cacturne stumbling around the bar, frantically trying to gain his vision back.

"Arg! GET 'EM BOYS!!!" the Cacturne yelled, now hunched over a table.

*CUE MUSIC*

The three Pokemon drew their swords, as did Toro. The fight was on. Toro swung his sword around, frantically parrying the three swords being thrown at him. Toro managed to get enough room between the three of them to kick the Charmeleon backward. The Charmeleon bumped into a Croconaw who in turn smashed a bottle of rum over his head. With that, the whole bar began to brawl. The bartenders were panicing, the woman were screaming and the men were punching, kicking, biting and swinging their swords around at each other. As if the bar wasn't rowdy enough.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhEnM2kA5zA&list=PLBBA93358E4A493C6&index=8[/ame]​

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
"... which makes twenty! I win again!" Leo cried out, looking towards the Raichu across from him and extending his hand, asking for his winnings.

"Grrr..." The Raichu grumbled, tossing more coins towards the Wartortle. "I'll win sooner or later, just you wait." Leo laughed a bit, counting out his earnings so far before responding to the Raichu.

"Hey, if you want to keep giving me all of your money, then--" Leo stopped abruptly, turning his attention to the racket at far end of the bar just in time to see a Charmeleon get shoved into a Croconaw. Seconds later, the bar was engulfed in mayhem. Leo and the Raichu looked around at the chaos as it spread, washing over the entire area like a wave, when a Medicham ended up getting shoved into the table where the two sat. Leo and his friend jumped up just in time to avoid becoming collateral damage, as the entire bar began to fight. Shrieks and screams resounded all throughout as Raichu and Leo tried to get their bearings.

"Look out!" The Raichu cried, grabbing Leo by the arm and pulling him away from an incoming pedestrian being tossed across the room. Just as Leo was about to thank him, he noticed an angry and drunk looking Vigoroth behind the Raichu, winding his fist up for a punch on the electric mouse.

"Duck!' Leo shouted, with the Raichu doing as he was told. Leo caught the Vigoroth's fist with his hand, grabbing the wild monkey by the arm and throwing him over to the side. Both Raichu and Leo stood back to back, defending themselves against the attackers.

"I never caught your name!" The Raichu shouted, ducking from another incoming attack and returning with a punch of his own.

"Leo! Yours?" Leo said, his fists up in a fighting position as he dodged an incoming punch, retaliating the action against his opponent.

"Desmond!' The Raichu said. "Let's get out of here!"

"Right behind you!" Leo said, the two of them beginning to bob and weave through the crowd, avoiding the attacks being thrown at them. Getting out was easier said than done, however. The crowd proved too dense, with both Desmond and Leo finding incredibly difficulty in covering any sort of ground. They stood back to back again, helping each other as they frantically avoided the punches and attacks being thrown at them.

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
CAPTAIN TORO BLAZE

The fight waged on as Toro was still locked in combat with the Toxicroak and Zangoose. It was much easier now that the Charmeleon was incapacitated by the drunken Croconaw. Toro still was quickly parrying the attacks of his opponents with peek precision and style. You could tell he had formal sword training as his style of fighting was much cleaning than that of the other pirates that were brawling in the bar. Either that or Toro was the only half-sober 'mon in "The Spotted Wingull." Be that as it was, he was finding the duel between these two pirates easy to manage.

Toro was pushed back towards the edge of the bar. He climbed atop the bar and began swinging at his opponents from above. Now having the high ground, Toro felt the advantage he had over these two more than he did before. However, Toro's overconfidence got to him when one of the swashbucklers took out his legs with his arm. Toro fell on top of the bar which gave the Zangoose chance to climb on top of the bar and began fencing with Toro. The Toxicroak tried to to the same, but a Krokorok tackled him into over the bar and into the barkeep area. Toro and the Zangoose continued to fight, knocking over other 'mons drinks in the process which in turn angered more of the drunken pirates.

"Hey! Watch what you're doing you furball," a Banette yelled at the Zangoose, his tongue slurred. But the Zangoose didn't listen. Instead, he kicked another drink in the face of the drunken scallywag. The Banette stumbled back a few steps before sweeping the Zangoose's feet out from under him, climbing the bar, climbing on top of the Zangoose and feeding him lefts and rights. Toro's battle with the pirates was over, or so he thought.

Toro hopped off of the bar to see the whole bar in a frenzy. Everyone was brawling. Toro needed to collect his crew and make his way out of this chaos they call New Bark Port. Toro tried to push through the fighting but he kept getting pushed around by the other pirates. There was no getting out that way, he would have to fight his way out.

"AAHHH!!!"

A Pokemon yelled from behind Toro. He turned with his sword ready to parry the attack. When he turned, he saw that the Pokemon was the Cacturne he had blinded a minute earlier. The two began to duel amongst the crowd of rowdy swashbucklers. The cacturne, however, was a better opponent than the members of his crew. His swordsmanship was far superior to that of his crewmates. Perhaps he was better than the three of them combined. Regardless, he was a match for Toro. The clang of their swords range through the rowdy tavern as the two parried each others attacks and dodge each others punches and kicks.As the pushed into the crowd, they began getting pushed around and it became difficult for them to focus in on each other. But the cacturne managed to get a punch in n Toro that connected with his left cheek. Toro fell backwards onto the table as the Cacturne slowly pushed his way towards him. Toro regained his stance and began swinging his sword back at the opposing pirate captain. The two climbed onto the table and began dueling along the long table hat stretched almost the length of the bar. But it didn't last long, as a Lickitung feel from the second floor balcony on to the table. The table gave way and the Cacturne and Toro both fell to the ground. The fall made Toro's hat fall off of his head. As he stood up, one of the pirates beside him recognized him.

"Hey," the Sudowoodo spoke loudly for all the bar to hear, "That's Toro Blaze."

"Damn it," he muttered.

Toro looked around the bar. Some of the 'mon didn't hear the pirate. But the ones who did slowly began surrounding the captain. The looks on their faces were scary. These were most of the 'mons here that wanted to get a piece of Toro, be it for a past exchange or for the location of the treasure. Toro knew he was in trouble. But with all of these 'mons around him, there was no way he could fight his way out. Regardless, Toro drew his sword and faced his opposing pirates.

"C'mon, who's first?" Toro mocked the crowd of angry pirates. "You wanna' take on Captain Toro Blaze? Well here I am!"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Mars, Eliza, and Lydia: Love at first sight!?​

Mars had only gone up for a single question. That really was it. Had he expected the Blaziken up here to be attacked? For a brawl to break out? Hardly! He just wanted to ask the barkeep a simple question and now he was running to one of the walls as it seemed that hell had broken out. Glass jugs were being thrown about, chairs were being smashed on heads, and he noticed a dog pile of pokemon just dishing it out on each other. On the one hand, he could easily leave and no one would be the wiser. On the other... there WAS a distraction going on... and where distractions were there were also bound to be ungarded pouches. Oh... the allure was too great for him! He made his way along the wall before finding his first target. It was near the edge of the fight but a Machoke was grappling a Beartic and the gray fighter had a coin sake attached to his belt.

True to his name he snuck up with light footsteps, ready to jump back in case anything went further south and his clawed hand shot out. The string holding the pouch snapped and fell into his other awaiting hand. He was quick to move out of the way as the Machoke lost his footing and both fell upon the spot he had been moments before. He let out a shakey breath and spied two other mon out of the fight at the moment. A Scizor and a Meowstic... they might have some goods perhaps? He slowly began sneaking over, the sounds echoing around the tavern more than enough to mask any potential sounds he would make.

Eliza's ears twitched lightly as the bar had erupted into nothing but yelling, screaming and fights everywhere, either with fists, swords, or each Pokémon's trademark moves. The Meowtic and Scizor's table was, thankfully, up against the wall and hadn't been assaulted yet, but it was just a matter of time. The cat 'mon looked to her partner and gave her a wry smile after taking a sip of her glass. "Well Lydie, looks like your wish came true. I'll keep your seat." She added with a wink.

"Heh... Don't worry, it probably won't take long for me to clear the room out," Lydia replied with a smirk.

Unsheathing the blades around her waist, she gave the two katana blades a quick look over before dashing off towards a nearby Heracross who seemed to enjoy using a stool as some sort of weapon, swinging it wildly in whatever direction he could. The last thing he expected was to have his weapon cut clear in half by a quick slash of a blade.

"I'm pretty sure you're using that wrong," Lydia taunted.

"And who the hell do you think you're supposed to be?!" the Heracross angrily slurred out. Just from the smell of his breath alone, Lydia could tell the bug had had one drink too many. He drunkenly gazed her over. "Why don'cha show me some goods and I might just leave ya alones, yeah?"

A quick glare overtook Lydia's features. In a quick, fluid movement, she jammed the hilt of one of her blades into the Heracross' stomach, causing him to double over in pain before she jammed the hilt of her other blade into the back of his head. The bug let out a loud groan as he stumbled over onto the floor.

"Moron..." Lydia sneered, before glancing around and looking for someone more fun to deal with.

Mars looked on to see the Scizor go on into the mass of bodies, but his eyes quickly looked to those blades she wielded. One very well could be a fortune! Now... how to get them from her? If say... something 'accidentally' snagged it from her grasp? Yes... she would be fighting and too busy to try and get to it. His eyes glanced about here and there. Of course no rope would be in here! Hm... but if she tripped...

The Weavile slowly moved forward, doing his best to not draw attention as the Scizor was soon in his sights. He crouched over and let his clawed hand move to her ankle to pull back. Hopefully she wasn't quick on her feet. He just had to get one katana, that was it.

Lydia stopped in her tracks as she felt a sudden tug at her ankle. The Scizor stumbled forward, just barely managing to keep her balance. She gazed down, her eyes narrowing at the sight of a Weavile. As if on instinct, Lydia took one of her blades, placing it very close to his face. The edge of the blade was just an inch or so from his skin.

"Can I help you...?" the Scizor questioned. From the look on her face, she was clearly not amused.

Eliza watched as Lydia tornadoed through the fighters, smiling and shaking her head while taking another sip of her drink. "Typical Lydie. Always so rough and tumble." Her brows raised as she noticed the Weavile creeping closer to the Scizor, only to be caught dead in the water. She snickered and looked over to Toro who was currently fending off three sword-wielding men.

She debated giving the Blaziken a hand, but the Charmeleon was soon taken out by a rogue Croconaw, so she decided to just sit idly and watch the skill of the man she had heard so much about lately.

"Uh..." Mars was silent for a moment before he suddenly pressed his back to the ground and both his legs shot up to kick the Scizor right in the abdomen and hopefully knock her down. As he kicked one hand flew out to try and knock the katana out of her grip.

Lydia let out a gasp of surprise as she felt a rather forceful kick collide into her stomach. Wheezing and trying to catch her breath, she suddenly found something disappear quite quickly from one of her pinchers. Glancing towards her left pincher, the Scizor suddenly noticed the lack of a blade. Her eyes then quickly moved towards the Weavile, noticing the katana now resting in his own claws.

"What the hell do you think you're doing...?" she questioned, a low growl heard in her tone.

Mars gripped the katana and turned about, running as fast as he could, "Thanks!" He called over his shoulder as he got down low and rolled past two brawlers without a scratch on him. It wasn't so bad now, he just had to get out of this tavern, sell this off, and from there make his way to some boat. Hopefully he wouldn't have to pay that much for passage, but with this baby he might JUST get first class!

Eliza's attention diverted to the Weavile from Lydia's little encounter now sprinting for the exit, doing a rather good job at avoiding the combatants. And he was even holding one of Lydia's swords by the look of it. "... Well. Can't have that, Lydie would be very angry." She raised her paw lightly to take command of the door, and just as Mars was about to exit the tavern, the door slammed forcefully up into his face, sending him stumbling back.

A moment later, his feet was swept away under him as a chair moved its own seat under his rear. The chair then promptly spun and sped over to the table Eliza was sitting at, having a few close encounters with a sword or a fist here and there. As he came to a stop opposite the Meowstic, she gave him a smile, still holding her drink. "You weren't going to run away with that, were you? That belongs to someone else."

Mars cried out as the door suddenly banged shut before him. He ended up crying out in shock and stumbling right back into a chair. On the one hand his fall had been interrupted, on the other he was very surprised that this chair hadn't already been grabbed and smashed over someone's head. He soon cried out as the chair began to move, but he was also quick to position his feet just as it came to the table. He pushed up and managed to get a small jump back as he landed behind the chair, "I still am darling!" He hissed as this time he decided to do things a bit more differently. There were windows all around and so he grabbed the chair he had just been sitting on and threw it through one of them. He wasn't going to be welcomed in this pub anymore, but he wasn't planning on coming back anyways!

He was soon running to the now open exit, smirking at his good forturne yet again.

Unfortunately, all was not proceeding as Mars had hoped it would. Lydia had taken advantage of his distracted state which had been provided by Eliza. The Scizor suddenly came charging from the side as the Weavile attempted to flee, plowing right into his side with quick speed. She forced Mars against a nearby wall. Her arm rested right underneath the Weavile's chin and against his throat. Lydia was glaring at him with hate-filled eyes.

"Gimme my sword back... and then tell me why I shouldn't run ya through with it," she growled.

"Because," Came Eliza's voice from the Meowstic, whom had just appeared at Lydia's side, smiling coyly up at the Weavile, pinned against the wall. "Mr. Lightfingers is going to be joining Toro's crew to help repay his debt to you. Isn't that right, Lightfingers?"

Mars gulped and squirmed against the wall, his grip suddenly loosened on the katana and let it drop to the floor, "There." He hissed out. "Just don't touch me!" He squirmed more and more as the Meowstic came by. "Hell no!" He snapped angrily. "Don't you dare come any closer!"

"Awh... are you completely sure...?" She gave off a little pout, turning up the charm and possibly also trying to affect him with an Attract as she leaned a little closer, raising her right paw to lightly brush the... feather/fur/ear tip near his left cheek, blinking softly while looking into his eyes. "You... don't want to help us out while we're trying to find ourselves a little bit of treasure? You might even get your hands on some gold too, if you're lucky~"

Mars gulped as he looked at the Meowstic, where for a brief second his eyes shimmered with a pink glow before it faded away and he ended up blushing, even more so as she brushed his fur. On the one hand, love was hard to beat, on the other he had instincts he had honed for quite a while and as the Meowstic moved up to him he felt his heart beating faster and faster. He began to gasp and soon he was wheezing as the fear in his mind screamed at him. Screamed to run away, to get as far away as he could. He couldn't so his body was good enough with closing off his throat and letting he struggled about wildly. He closed his eyes tightly as sweat began to bead down his face.

"You know, if you don't wanna accept that offer I could always just cut ya down," Lydia added in, not using a method anywhere as close to tact as her partner was. The Scizor glanced down at the blade she still held within her pincher, a small smirk forming on her lips. "My blade is crying right now that I haven't done that already. You're actually pretty lucky... The last person who tried to take one of these from me sort of... lost his head over the results... if ya catch my drift."

Eliza backed away from the Weavile at the sight of his obvious discomfort, folding one arm across her chest while raising her other arm's paw to brush the fur around her neck. "Mmh... Lydie, I think we've at least made him consider joining up with Toro. Wouldn't you say so?"

Lydia sighed, slowly retracting her arm away from the Weavile and letting him fall against the floor. She quickly scooped up her second blade, returning both of them to their proper places. She glanced down at Mars from over her shoulder.

"I was just starting to have fun too..." the Scizor sighed. She then glanced over towards the bar. "Should we step in and actually help the guy? Or see just how far he gets on his own? And what about our friend over here?"

As he fell Mars scrunched up into a tight ball. He could still feel them so close... they had to get away... they had to get away! The Weavile opened his mouth as suddenly a loud Screech exited his maw. He tensed up his muscles as he screamed louder and louder, getting so loud that the nearby windows shattered from the pitch of his scream alone. After a while his scream began to die down and he fell to a knee, gasping frantically. In the next second he had seemingly vanished, though he had only found a corner and pressed himself into it as he trembled there.

Eliza, who had opened her mouth to reply to Lydia, blinked in surprise at the sudden screech emitted from the Weavile, wincing in pain as the volume rose higher and higher, until it died down again and Mars disappeared from sight. She looked around with a furrowed brow before shrugged her shoulders. "I suppose we'll go help out Toro. I did give him a hand, so he should be alright, but it's only right to introduce ourselves, no?"

"I'd love to," Lydia replied. A small smile was given to Eliza. "Like always, yeah? You do your mind stuff and I get to have all the real fun...?"

The Meowstic sent the Scizor a smile and a wink. "Like always. Go right ahead." She gestured towards the ring of 'mon that seemed to have formed around Toro, seeming ready to pounce on him at a moment's notice, with half of the bar still fighting against each other in the background.

Quickly readying her blades once more, Lydia took off charging in the direction of the bar. Her eyes narrowed as she spotted a nearby Machoke who was preparing to take hold of Toro while he was distracted. The Scizor quickly jumped into the air, surprising the Machoke as one of her blades quickly found its way right into his forehead and between his eyes. The Machoke screamed in pain, quickly falling to his knees.

Landing gracefully on the ground near Toro, Lydia glanced over her shoulder at the Blaziken and smirked. "You're making quite the entrance and introduction, aren't you?"

Mars could feel his shuddering dying down as he realized that no one had found his hiding spot yet. His breathing began to get less... wheezy and his shuddering stopped soon after. He slowly peeked up out of his hiding spot and his eyes soon landed right on... her. He blushed and quickly hid back down, starting to shake a bit again. These... feelings. He had never felt them with such intensity before. He had his own share of crushes when he was younger, especially before the... incident. He took in a deep breath and forced himself to get out of his hidey hole, slowly approaching the female before he stopped some distance away and coughed lightly.

Eliza, who'd been just about ready to go help out both Lydia and Toro, blinked in surprise as she heard a light cough behind her, close enough to drown out the fighting still going on, at which point she turned to see the Weavile from just a few moments ago.

"U-Uh... I'm sorry about that." He croaked out, his cheeks starting to burn up a bit as he spoke. Dammit Mars get it together! You're a grown man by now! Still, he couldn't help but feel shy as he forced his hands to curl into fists to prevent his body from shuddering while in the spotlight. "She's your friend huh? I'm Mars... a pleasure to meet you." He said. Despite the friendly greeting no attempt to hold out his hand for a shake was even present as he squirmed a bit, making sure to also keep his distance.

A light smile curled up on her lips as she raised a paw to brush the slightly bobbing tuft of fur across her forehead. "Mars, huh? I'm Eliza. It's very nice to meet you too. And yeah, Lydia is a little... rough around the edges, but you learn to live with it. Just, for the next time, try not to steal from her, mmh?" she added a little wink along with her wry smile.

Mars' blush deepend even more as the wink left him a bit speechless. He crossed his arms a bit and nodded quickly, "Y-Yeah of course!" He blurted out quickly. Stupid Mars! You sounded like an idiot! Stupid! Stupid! Outside of his mind he was trying his best not to seem as nervous a wreck as he was at the moment, taking the time to grab the coins he had snatched from the Machoke and tossing it to Eliza, "Uh... a gift." He said as he nervously tapped his calws together, "Consider it a bit of a apology too."

Raising her brows at the gift, she gave a smile and took the pouch, curtseying lightly as she tied it off at the sash wrapped around her waist. "Awh, why thank you, Mars. Apology accepted, on behalf of Lydia. Now, you'll have to excuse me, but I need to go help out Lydia and our... future captain." With another smile sent his way, she turned and swiftly made her way through the crowd, thanks to her small stature, towards the fight centered around Toro.

As the Meowstic ran off Mars' eyes trained on her, a slow smile forming on his face, "Eliza... I'll remember."

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
CAPTAIN TORO BLAZE

Toro was in a sticky situation. Too many 'mon, too little Toro. There were too many pirates for Toro to fight his way out on his own.

"You're going to regret this boy," the Cacturne spoke to him, the crowd of buccaneers edging closer and close. "Now, it be best to kiss your hide goodbye."

The stare down between the two was fierce. He was too focused to fixate on the other 'mons around him. As Toro and the cacturne captain dueled eyes, he felt a rush of air from behind him. Toro glanced behind him to see a female Scizor in mid-air leaping over a Machoke who had her katana stuck between his eyes. The Machoke fell to the ground, screaming in agony as the blood streamed down his face. The 'mon lay motionless on the tavern floor as the pirates surrounding the now two 'mon looked on in horror at what had just transpired.

"You're making quite the entrance and introduction, aren't you," the Scizor spoke, a smirk on her face.

Toro gave a quick glance back to the Scizor. Finally, someone with skill that could match his that was on his side, or at least he had hoped that was the case. It was definitely a welcome sight. One that Toro was more than willing to accept.

"Well I'm not one for idle chit-chat," he smirked back to her. "This is just an example of negotiations ending in a poor manner."

The two Pokemon circled around, trying to find and opening for a solid swing. As they did so, another Pokemon, a Meowstic, scurried into the circle that Toro and the Scizor were confined into. The three 'mon were circling their opponents, trying to find a spot where they could fight their way out.

"Alright you two," Toro spoke with a hushed voice. "That one-eyed Cacturne's good eye is weakened. If one of you can get the jump on him, we might be able to fight our way out of this mess."

Toro gave a glance to the Meowstic.

"You. You managed to sneak into this. Do you think you get get the drop on 'em?"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
678-female.png
Eliza Minette – The Spotted Wingull
As Eliza managed to enter the circle where Lydia and Toro were currently being held at bay, she made sure that her back was towards Lydia, her narrowed eyes scanning across the crowd surrounding them. Her ears twitched lightly as Toro muttered out, returning his little glance her direction with a wry smile before turning her eyes on the crowd and locating the Cacturne in question.

"Shouldn't be a problem for someone with my skills. Watch and learn… captain."

With a wink, she turned to the Cacturne, her tail giving an agitated little flick behind her. "So, you're the one bothering my new captain, are you?" The Cacturne narrowed his eye, pointing his sword at the cat Pokémon. "What's it to you? I can't believe anyone would side with a rat like him!"

Eliza huffed and lowered herself a little down, eyes further narrowing and her folded ears laying back. "… Suit yourself." She then broke off into a dash, off to the side of the Cacturne's eye, skidding before dashing forwards, leaping in mid-air while raising her paw, looking as if she was about to scratch him with her claws. The Cacturne was quicker than she'd anticipated however, swiftly raising his sword in front of him, which Eliza slammed right into, her eyes going wide as her body was stuck on the sword.

The Cacturne let out a bellowing laugh at the semi-suicide act. "Hahahah! This is the company yer keepin', Toro? This is your s'posed –crew-? This is a joke!"

"You're right. It –is- a joke." Came a voice from off to his other side. His eye widened as the lifeless body of Eliza suddenly disappeared with a pop, a telltale sign of a Substitute move being used. As he spun around to face the Meowstic that was suddenly on the side of his covered eye, he managed to see her raising her paws, which she aimed at him, sending him a coy smile. "… And here's the punchline." She proceeded to send a beam of purple energy blasting from her paws, slamming square into the Cacturne's chest, sending him into and over the bar. It was far from enough to knock him out, but it definitely bought them some time. Eliza ran up to Toro and Lydia again, looking briefly back at the other pirates helping the Cacturne back on his feet.

"Alright captain, I suggest we make a hasty retreat right about now!"

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
CAPTAIN TORO BLAZE

Toro stood there amazed with the Scizor still to his back. That little Meowstic was cunning. And did she say "Captain?" She was part of the new crew? Toro gave her a smile as she managed to knock the Cacturne backward into the bar. His crewmen scurried over to him and began aiding their captain.

"Alright captain, I suggest we make a hasty retreat right about now," she spoke, knowing full well that the three of them didn't have a lot of time to slip away.

"Ay sailor," Toro responded.

"IF YOU'RE SAILING WITH ME TO WHIRL ISLANDS YOU BEST BE FOLLOWING ME NOW! OTHERWISE WE'LL BE LEAVIN' YOU BEHIND!" Toro yelled to the remaining members of the bar.

"C'mon you two," Toro said, now directing his words to the Meowstic and the Scizor. "Best we be making sail."

Toro began walking towards the door of "The Spotted Wingull," knowing well that he had at least two crew members that had the skills for the voyage.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Balko1_zps0065ed02.png

Balko was upset and in a hurry. He wanted to be at the bar more than an hour ago, look for a quiet corner to sit down and wait until Toro would show. His preparations took way longer than expected though...after all, he didnt know how the night would turn out, and he wanted to be prepared for any situation that could arise. Balko had heard a few stories about the "crazy captain" these last days - not many - but enough to figure out what kind of 'mons would show up in the "Spotted Wingull" tonight. Basically, he expected 3 different groups to be present: A bunch of wanna-be pirates, crazy about money and treasure, but who had probably never set a food on a ship. Then, there would be a lot of 'mons trying to get Toro to talk about the Whirl Islands: Where they were and what to expect. Lastly, there would be a small amount of 'mons who were both interested, for whatever reason, and prepared to accompany Toro on this adventure.

Balko walked quickly past the Pokemon around him. The bars were full and pretty much everyone around him drunk. "Watch out man!" he blurred out, as he shoved away a Poliwrath that almost collisioned with him. The Pangoro didnt have anything against drinking, he enjoyed beer as much as the next 'mon, but he had no respect for those who didnt know when to stop. He made sure no one came to close to the bag he had hanging from his left shoulder, to make sure his possessions were safe. Anything that was of value to Balko was in that bag: Gold coins, a silver dagger decorated with emeralds, spices he had collected on his travels, and a map of the places he had visited.

The bar had to be close now, and with every step Balko started to feel more and more nervous. He wasn't the type to get that way, but this night was not going to be like any other night.

As the Pangoro walked around the corner, he heard faint rumbling and noises. The Spotted Wingull could not be more than a few meters away, and his insticts told him he better be prepared. Taking every step faster than the one before, a sudden noise shook him and made him stop. It was a high-pitched screech that made Balko's ears hurt, and a few seconds later, he saw some glass burst and fall to the ground. Although it could have been any other Bar, deep down Balko knew he had found the Spotted Wingull.

The heart in his chest started to pound, as he took the last few steps and got to the door. He grabbed the handle and pushed it down, only to walk face-first into the wood. No matter how hard he pushed down or how often he slammed his shoulder against the door, it wouldnt budge. Balko took a step back, inhaled, and slammed his right fist into the wooden piece keeping him from getting inside, and his fist went right through it. Pulling back his arm, the big 'mon grabbed the door and pulled it right out of the frame.

As he took his first step into the bar, he was even more upset at himself. Inside the bar was chaos and mayhem, every 'mon was punching, kicking or swinging his sword at the first thing in front of him, and he really wasn't in the mood for that. Balko had no problem with fights or brawls, but he didn't care much for a bunch of drunk idiots beating up each other over nothing.

All of a sudden, he realized that the majority of the Pokemon in the bar were forming a circle around three Pokemon that stood pretty much in the middle of the room...and that was the first time Balko saw the legendary Toro with his own eyes. He had a sword in his hand, and two Pokemon standing next to him: A Meowstic and a Scizor. The Pangoro took a step forward, as a little Scrafty crashed against his knee. Balko, not pleased by the pain he now felt all the way down his leg, looked at the Scrafty, who was holding his head. "Sorry little one, you really picked the wrong guy to mess with today", Balko said in a deep and calm voice. He picked up the Scrafty with one hand, and moments later the little 'mon flew out of the window and crashed into the wall on the other side of the street.

"IF YOU'RE SAILING WITH ME TO WHIRL ISLANDS YOU BEST BE FOLLOWING ME NOW! OTHERWISE WE'LL BE LEAVIN' YOU BEHIND!" Balko stopped staring at the window as he suddenly heard Toro shouting, and realized that him and the other two Pokemon were coming towards him, making a run for the door. "I guess it's already time to leave" he thought to himself, as he punched a Darmanitan in the face and threw a Purugly across the room to make a way for his new captain. "I swear im never arriving late ever again" was the last thing that went through Balko's head before stepping to the side and letting Toro, the Meowstic and the Scizor exit the bar. As the Pangoro turned around, he had a little smile on his face, and started to run behind the 3 Pokemon in front of him.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Mars "Lightfeet"

Mars stepped back a bit as the Scizor and Eliza went on off to aid the Blaziken and even though he had heard the Scizor's name already he didn't bother to pay any attention to it. He could only watch Eliza moving about and another weak smile formed over his face. She was so graceful… so elegant. He had really never seen anyone else like her to be honest. He saw that many other mon were watching the fight, probably not for the same reason he was, but he saw another way he could go. There was that window he had already shattered open, but he had to take something with him as well. He was near the rear of the crowds already and spied a Dewott standing off with a pack of coins around his waist. He moved on by, his claws quietly slicking through the ropes with his other hand already grabbing the sack as it fell. He looked up just to see the three departing as the loud noises of fighting continued on. He smirked and made his way back, using the window as his own exit.

He quickly ran through the streets, making sure to keep to the sides of the buildings and away from any large gatherings of pokemon. He huffed as he ran but he soon made it to the nearby jewelry shop which was essentially a stall run by a lone Vileplume.

He was rather quick to open his new pouch of coins and tossed some onto the stall tabletop as he snatched a golden bracelet that was cheap enough. "Thanks keep the change!" He shouted out to the confused grass type as he turned the corner and kept up his run. He made another quick turn and soon was heading back to the bar. He paused in his tracks as he huffed loudly and leaned over to take in a few deep breaths. He placed a clave over his chest to stop his loud heartbeat, but it soon kicked in louder when he laid eyes on Eliza yet again. He felt that all too familiar blush form along his cheeks and for a split second his eyes glowed a deep pink as well.

That smile formed again and he gripped the bracelet in his hands along with that coin purse and saw the group was moving fast. Of course they were going, but he had to get with them too. It was his primary goal as well as the chance of seeing Eliza again that drove him on. He was light on his feet as he got close enough up to the Blaziken, but not so much as to be touched by him, "Sir… the name is Mars. I'm interested in joining up as well." He said. Once again there was no handshake, but he just fell back a bit, still some distance from the group but making sure to try and get close to Eliza… just not close enough for her to touch him.

"Uh… h-hey Eliza." He said as another slight blush formed.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Spr_4p_303.png

Aruna Lockharte

A commotion broke out as the Blaziken Aruna had fixated on was attacked by a Cacturne and his thuggish looking crew. He appeared to be holding his own quite well, but still Aruna felt compelled to join in. Mike, the tough looking Pawniard who sat across from her said, "Well, looks like I'd better be heading out now." Aruna, a shocked look on her face, said "What? Why?? This is just getting good!"

"After a brawl like this the authorities'll be investigating what went down here in the morning. I can't have anyone telling them I was here, now can I?"

"Right." Aruna said.

"Good luck, kid. And if you ever do find this Toro Blaze guy, don't forget anything I taught ya." Aruna gave a nod to her mentor and friend as he slipped out through the back door, apparently unnoticed.

As the Blaziken at the bar dueled with the fierce looking Cacturne, Aruna decided: whether he was Toro Blaze or not, she needed to do something. While she knew better than to interfere in a duel between two swordsmen, she felt that it was the right thing to do because he was alone, while the Cacturne had a whole crew to back him up.

Just as she got ready to get out of her seat and join the fray, a group of menacing looking Scrafty stood around her, the tallest of which had a frightening grin on his face. "Well well well, what do we have here? What're you doing sitting alone in a place like this, cupcake?" Aruna's face got serious and she responded "Get out of my way. And don't call me cupcake." The Scrafty looked a bit taken aback, but seemed to be mildly entertained all the same by her toughness. He smirked and said "Well, lookie here boys! This one's a fighter. Tell you what, I'll escort you out of here for say...20 silver?" Aruna, not amused by his patronizing "offer", became even more irritated. "No thanks. I don't need an escort. Now please leave me alone, if you don't mind."

The Scrafty was unfazed by this rejection. "Well it's either that, or me and my boys take it from you. What'll it be cupcake?" Aruna reached for her sword. The Scrafty noticed and nodded to his boys. She grabbed her sword and leaped into the air. In mid air she pulled her sword out of its sheath and managed to do a flip over his head. Mid flip, she sliced the Scrafty's mohawk clean in half. She landed behind him effortlessly, her sword already back in its sheath. All three Scrafty remained motionless, eyes wide and mouths agape. The head Scrafty's face became bright red as his blood began to boil and he screamed at the top of his lungs "GET HER!"

The two thugs bounded on her, throwing Sucker Punches and flying kicks. Aruna was able to dodge all of them with impressive speed. What few hits they were able to land were nigh ineffective due to her solid steel jaws absorbing most of the damage. One of them climbed onto the table and jumped high into the air. He grinned as his Hi Jump Kick appeared to be a sure hit. Aruna saw him bounding towards her and just narrowly managed to get out of the way. The Scrafty crashed into the wall and fell unconscious. The second Scrafty attempted a Hi Jump Kick as well, but this time Aruna saw it coming, turned around, and managed to catch him in her steel jaws.

"Maybe this will teach you not to underestimate a lady." She tightened him in her jaw, clenched her fists, and let out a jolt of electricity from her teeth. The Scrafty writhed in pain at being bitten and electrocuted at the same time. She then tossed the paralyzed Scrafty across the room. He slid across the floor until he eventually collided with a Pangoro who had just walked in. The leader of the Scrafty gang, still kneeling on the floor and covering his face in shame said to Aruna "You'll pay for this, ya little twerp!"

Pleased with the quick work she made of the three hoodlums, she remembered the Blaziken who needed her help. Just at that moment, she heard a voice shout "IF YOU'RE SAILING WITH ME TO WHIRL ISLANDS YOU BEST BE FOLLOWING ME NOW! OTHERWISE WE'LL BE LEAVIN' YOU BEHIND!" It was at that moment she knew he was Toro Blaze. She saw him running out with a Scizor and a Meowstic behind him, and he was soon joined by the Pangoro, and then a timid looking Weavile.

"It's now or never" she thought. Ready for adventure and eager to prove herself, Aruna ran as fast as she could to catch up with the crew. She caught up and kept pace with them as they ran out of the rowdy bar...

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
"Damn bar fights. All I wanted was a nice card game!" Leo shouted to the Raichu at his back, the two of them still defending themselves in the brawl.

"Shouldn't have come to a bar if you wanted a 'nice card game,'" the Raichu, Desmond responded. As both Leo and Desmond continued evading the frenzy around them, Leo's attention was suddenly drawn back to the Blaziken from earlier.

"IF YOU'RE SAILING WITH ME TO WHIRL ISLANDS YOU BEST BE FOLLOWING ME NOW! OTHERWISE WE'LL BE LEAVIN' YOU BEHIND!"

"That's my cue!" Leo said, turning towards the Raichu. "I'll be seein' ya!"

"You're actually going with that crazy fool?" Desmond replied, referring to Toro. That Blaziken was an idiot to go after such a treasure. Nobody had ever done it before, and anyone who dared try were killed.

"It sounded like a good adventure!" Leo exclaimed, looking around through the crowd. He spotted an opening where he could escape, but he'd need some assistance if he wanted to get through unscathed. "Yo, Desmond, think you can create a diversion?"

"Oh, I know I can do that!" Desmond replied, a grin forming on his face. "Good luck on your fools errand, boy!"

"Thanks!" Leo replied. Desmond, taking his chance to create a distraction for Leo, jumped up on a nearby table. Picking up a mug of ale and taking a quick swig, Desmond tossed it at a nearby Furfrou, the glass shattering on contact with the normal-type. "Hey, ugly! Nice haircut!"

The Furfrou was pissed, and the rest of the bar took notice. With the crowd's attention successfully diverted, Leo dashed full sprint towards the door before tucking his head and limbs inside of his hard shell and rolling across the floor with the momentum.

"Godspeed, you crazy bastard." Desmond thought to himself as Leo had managed to exit the bar, thanks to his distraction. Speaking of which, Desmond looked over the crowd that had begun to form around him, taking notice of the incredibly aggravated Furfrou that was now charging at him. "Come and get some, doggie!"

---

Leo had made his way out of the bar, popping his limbs back out of his shell and trying to find the Blaziken from earlier. He spotted him running a short distance away, with a small band of Pokemon in tow behind him. He quickly dashed over to the group, sprinting at full speed until he was running alongside them.

"Are you always this good at making friends?" Leo said to Toro, teasing him on the incident at the bar.

Last edited:
Back