• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Making the Signpost Appear in the middle of the screen?

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
Years
  • So I was wondering if there was a way to make all the signpost appear in the middle of the screen, in a diffrent font, bigger letters, and then just fade away. I think it would look really cool, and allow more custimization depending on the location.
    Kinda like this:

Capture.PNG
    image credit me on scratch.com

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • The first thing that comes to my mind is that you would probably edit the script that handles signposts and make changes to it. If you want to just show an image that contains the text you can show it as a sprite. That is probably the easiest solution. If you want to be able to just type freely what should be shown, your best option would be a bitmap font

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Herald of the Nine
    Years
  • The wiki said it was under the section pokemon_messages, but I cant find that section. I barley know any Ruby so I might just show a picture. Sorry if i sound stupid, but what exactly is a bitmap font? I know the game has fonts in a folder. The script couldnt be that hard to mod though, just changing the cordnatits it uses to 0,0 should fix it, an making the little window box dissapear....

Years
    • Seen today
    The signpost class is class LocationWindow in PField_Visuals. Stuff gets moved in between versions sometimes.

Back