• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] The Mana Cage: a Fantasy RP (rated T for Teen, OOC+SU)

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
  • The judge used his telekinetic spell to bring the stack of pages over. "Mr. Crown," the judge said to the necromancer in chains at the other end of the room, "after examining the evidence, the court deems you guilty. You had no right to be using necromancy, and you certainly shouldn't have used it in an attempt to capture the kingdom. You will now go and be forced to live the rest of your life in the Mana Cage. Any final words before leaving?"
    Mr. Crown smiled. "Yes," he said, "when I get out, I will kill you all."
    The judge frowned. "I see only one flaw in that plan: you won't be getting out. Take him away!" A bunch of men in crystal armor grabbed Mr. Crown and took him to the carrage.
    It was only a few days before they arrived. The carrage pulled up in front of the enormous prison, were the most dangerous magicians were kept. The crystal knights through Mr. Crown into the building, then shut the gates. Mr. Crown stood up and looked around. A bunch of guards walked over to him. "Come with us," they said, "it's time you see your new home."

The World

Othlond was in turmoil before the Mana Cage was built. Because of the fact that they had no place to keep dark sorcerers, they had to kill anyone who was practicing dark magic rather than lock them away. Which was rather unfortunate, because some of the people practicing dark magic had to be killed even if they didn't do anything wrong.
    That was why they built the Mana Cage.
    The Mana Cage was an enormous prison that was charmed so that you couldn't use magic in it. That way, they could keep prisoners in the Mana Cage rather than kill them. Peace was finally restored. People were a lot calmer when there weren't violent executions daily. Of course, now it's time for a new batch of prisoners to be thrown inside.

Your Role
    As some of you may have guessed, you don't play as a guard of the Mana Cage, nor a civilian, or even one of those crystal knights you saw earlier. You play as one of the most recent prisoners in the Mana Cage. You play as someone who was practicing dark magic, or maybe even just someone who commited a regular crime and was locked in because you knew magic. The choice is yours.

SU

Name (make it sound like an actual fantasy name, puns are not allowed):
    Age (18 - 40):
    Gender (self explanatory):
    Crime (what did you do to get thrown in):
    Personality (at least one paragraph, can be a picturd):
    Appearance (at least one paragraph):
    History (optional):
    Other:

Rules

-No godmodding, bunnying, or being a jerk
    -No making your character a mary stu
    -I get this is a prison, but please don't pick a less appropriate crime. This is still a T rated RP.
    -Please don't swear excessively. A little language is allowed, but don't go overboard.
    -Don't kill players. A bit of fighting is allowed to. Just no murder without permission.
    -If you decide to quit, please don't tell anyone but me, and we can arrange a surprising death.
    -After five in game days, no more people are allowed to join.
    -Add this password to your SU somewhere: "We're all mad here."
    -If you stay offline for excessive amounts of time, or you stall the RP, I will either bunny your character out of the way or kick you out of the RP (i.e. I'll kill you off).
    -The guards are controlable NPCs.
    -You can't use magic. Note that I said that magic is blocked.
    -I don't care who you are. You are welcome here.

Players

1. Nidoking76
    2. Yet Another Logical Cabbage
    3. Glyph Reader
    4. Manadhon
    5. RejectionTheHedgie
    6. Godzil
    7. Nyx Shooter
    8. CorruptedLicht
    9. oreo101506
    10. Judge Mandalore Shepherd (reserved)
    11. H.A.N.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Good to see this thread where it belongs. Aren't we all mad here? You know, since this is about magic and dark circle witchcraft. Anyway... to reserve a spot.

The Circle of Darkness

Tesserain "Stone" Barren // 20 // Female

Convicted For: Practicing Dark Magic on Her Missing Parents

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
    Years

• NAME: Serafin ~||~ AGE: 34 ~||~ GENDER: Male

Crime:

Destroyed a major hospital with the dark arts. The hospital in question was found aflame with unholy fire.
    Appearance:

Other than his thick black eyebrows, not a single hair can be found on his body --- in fact, most of the visible skin is charred in horrid patches as if he was a pastry left too long in the oven. He shows no detectable pain or strain, nor do the burns heal despite various treatments. Muscles are disproportionately distributed across his body: his left arm is burly, his right is rather normal, his neck slightly larger on one side, and his toes too large for his foot size. The man stands at a solid six foot, three inches, his only known clothes being an almost burnt loincloth of indeterminable color and a large black fire-resistant cloak. His face is slightly chiseled, somewhat deep lines etched in his forehead. An open mouth smile shows chipped and crooked teeth. Black eyes stare forward with an unsettling ferocity, like an animal ready to strike.
    Personality:

Serafin is a very private individual --- during his trial, no one could get him to say anything, let alone express major emotion. The court couldn't find any information on him in their files. However, if you were to see him by himself, away from the oppressive court, where the government couldn't keep track of him, you would see an energetic man. When he lived in the alleyways, he could be found lifting large, heavy objects while emiting large amounts of heat. Fire is his one true love, and it isn't a secret. Wherever he went, he almost always had something aflame, whether it be a stick, cloth or even his skin. To the fire he expressed gentlness. He considered ordinary fire an insult to his own love. His greatest wish was to propagate his fire, his greatest love over the entire world.
    History:

Little to nothing is known about Serafin's past. His name of "Serafin" was given to him as a nickname for the sake of the court, which means "burning ones". During his trial, he was never heard or seen talking or even grunting; however, witnesses and survivors of the hospital burning say that they had heard him talk. They described his voice as gruff, almost like a growl. He was reported as muttering very quietly, as if he was chanting something. None of the survivors could determine what was said. The guards that watched him found that he was very immobile in custody, often found huddling in a corner, stroking his burnt skin in an almost reverent way. As he moved across the court room, his movements reflected that of an old man; slow and clunky. Contrary to this behavior, the witnesses and survivors both said that he ran fervently through the hospital. All who tried to talk to Serafin were ignored.

As Serafin was carted off to the prison, one of the guards swore he heard him, with that same voice described before, say, "We're all mad here... in the Mana Cage."
    Other:

Serafin has an unsettling interest in fire...

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • Glyph's character is reserved.

My SU:
    Name: Raffolk Cyne
    Crime: Summoning of a Void Man through the use of dark alchemy.
    Personality: Cyne is a passive kind of man. He is almost impossible to frustrate, anger, annoy, or make him, in any way, get aggravated. He is very calm, and moves about in a happy-go-lucky kind of way. He is constantly smiling, and never appears to be anything but happy. Other than passive happiness, he never really shows any kind of emotion. He is pretty sensitive though, so if someone he cares about says something bad about him, he will get pretty upset. He is, to sum it up, and in every sense of the word, socially impaired.
    However, if you start pushing or hitting him, he will out and out kill you.
    Appearance: To start, Cyne is 7'9", which is quite tall. Despite this abnormal height, he doesn't seem to be in any form of pain. He has a tanned skin tone, and his eyes are dark blue. He is completely bald, and he has bushy eyebrows. He is a huge bulk of a man, but he has one defining feature that most people recognize on sight.
    One of his hands is made completely out of stone, with a number of runes and mystic symbols on it. The hand was made by a golem maker, for Cyne lost his right hand when he was a child. The golem maker was locked in a prison a month later though, for testing on unwilling subjects. Another thing is that Cyne is right handed. Kind of trivial, but I thought, "what the hell, I'm making him right handed".
    History: Cyne was obsessed with Dark Alchemy as a child. His parents didn't like this, neither did anyone he knew. But he didn't mind. He just kept on studying it. However, when he was 14, he was in a carrage that crashed. He barely survived, but he lost his hand in the accident. His mother and father found a man who knew how to make a hand with the same basic process used to make golems. It worked.
    Years later, however, Cyne started using Dark Alchemy. His parents begged him to stop, because if he was caught doing it, they would lock him away. Eventually, however, he messed up a dark potion, which summoned a Void Man which went on a rampage. At the age of 26, Cyne was locked in the Mana Cage for the use of Dark Alchemy.
    Other: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must be mad, otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Last edited:

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • Oooh, I like the sound of this. I'm going to deviate from my usual character type, and go for something more serious, so do inform me of anything in need of change

Name: Eöl "Gurthang"

Crime: Cursed a major politician in order for their rival to win an election

Personality: Always the silent type, Eöl prefers to speak through his actions. It is thus made apparent that he has little to no regard for life, but rather for his own sick, twisted goals. Regardless, Eöl is caught with a constant bout of internal conflict, which may yet destroy him. The lure of power is a corrupting influence, and none have withstood it for very long.

Appearance: Possessing a chalk white skin tone and brilliant blue hair, Eöl is certainly one to stand out. He constantly frowns, and only in certain circumstances does this change. His stature is not one to laugh at either, as he towers over the average person. While not entirely noticeable, Eöl's ears are slightly pointed.

Prior to arrest, Eöl wore a fine suit, mostly hidden by an equally-fine cloak. His shoes were polished and black, and the white gloves he wore contrasted everything nicely.

History: Not much is known about Eöl, other than he's a mysterious hired wand (hehe) with a particular taste for blood. He accepted any job regardless of the size, and gained quite the reputation in the underworld. This earned him the nickname of Gurthang, or "Iron of Death" if you must know. Given his popularity, it was only a matter of time before his capture, and, following his most recent job, he was detained and tried.

Other: "Madness is but the door to sanity, and even as the wind howls we are all the same; the very same in that, we're all mad here."

Last edited:

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • I'm gonna just go ahead and accept Manadhon's character, but please tell me this: why were you thrown into the Mana Cage? It is a magic prison, so if you don't know any magic, you're not exactly getting locked in.

Duly noted. I changed a couple things (it's late and I could really use some sleep) then, so hopefully it's better now. If not, I'll edit my post further.

Years
  • I'm always up for a game if magic's involved! And we get to be bad guys, eh? Not often we see that here.

Name: Mahad Sixale
    Crime: Attempted robbery of a local food bank, followed by stampeding summoned monsters during his escape attempt.

Personality: An excitable and energetic person, Mahad is often loud and a little overbearing. Though his use of magic started off small, as his power grew his ego grew with it. He is overconfident and headstrong, resenting any authority other than his own. He believes that no one should have power over anyone else, unless they are willing to enforce that power. Despite his bluster, he is a coward who prefers to lead from behind, rather than risk his neck or get his hands dirty. Really he's just bored by the quiet life, and thinks that things need to be shaken up a little. After all, what fun is there in making sense?

Appearance: Tall and thin, with long limbs and darkly tanned skin, Mahad looks gangly and nervous, his beady eyes always moving. His sharp nose and pointed chin give his face a sharp, hungry look, like a weasel. He is balding, so he keeps his hair short. He has a preference for wide-brimmed hats, somehow acquiring one even in the Mana Cage.

Other: "No one really knows who he is. You may have seen him at the library, or buying lots of food at the market? He spends most of his time at home, or out 'gathering supplies' for his 'experiments'. He has been known to use magic to play tricks on people, put on shows in the town square, but we never thought he'd go overboard like that. Almost a shame they stopped executing folks. Some people just make others mad. We're all mad, here." - Excerpt from testimonial and Mahad's trial.

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One
    Years
  • I'd love to be a part of this!

Name: Aslan

Crime: Used a shadow dragon to kill an official judge.

Personality: The one word that describes Aslan? Cunning. Maybe even brutal. He hates losing to the point where he'll destroy those who get in his way. Often times people would say Aslan is a silent killer, because most of the time he ignores the world around him. Aslan has an evil temper, and isn't afraid to pick fights. He isn't always fighting fair, and he doesn't care much for rules and laws. Aslan is cruel to others. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, and would be the first person to stab you in the back if it meant he would be closer to his own needs or goals.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

History: -

Other: We're all mad here, right?

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • Glyph Reader's character is reserved. I think you should work on the personality section a little more, all it really seems to do is act as an add on for the appearance section, considering it talks about how he appeared during the court.

Last edited:

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
    Years
  • Glyph Reader's character is reserved. I think you should work on the personality section a little more, all it really seems to do is act as an add on for the appearance section, considering it talks about how he appeared during the court.

I have rewritten parts of the SU: the old Personality was changed to History, then I wrote a new Personality section and fixed up other parts.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Can I reserve a spot for this please? Seems really intresting ^_^ I have a character for this roleplay, however, we're all mad here, are we not?

Name : Keiiah (Phonetically: Kaya)
    Crime She was a serial killer, and killed her victims with either knives, torture methods, or forbidden magics. She had a strange intrest in cutting off the ring finger of her victims and sacrificing the remains of their bodies.
    Personality : Keiiah is a very outgoing individual, hardly reserved. She always tries to make herself the center of attention, and always contributes in an argument. She's very egotistic, and especially naïve. She is hardly empathetic, hardly trustworthy. Some religious activists call her the epitome of the scum of this world. Despite all this, she hardly cares.

Keiiah has a certain affiliation with knives and sharp tools. She first experienced her obssesion with these objects when she first cut herself. Instead of crying she looks upon the blood that leaked out of her finger with amazement. To this day, she still harbors that obssesion as she cuts up her victims.
    Appearance : Keiiah, despite the fact that she's a sadistic serial killer, is quite an attractive lady. In her young adult phase, she has an attractive build with her slim, lean physique along with her deep and pretty eyes. One can tell a lot about how Keiiah is feeling from her smile, where she is usually in a cheerful mood, or in the kind of mood where she would like to murder your whole family tree. She tends to walk barefoot on the cold floor, but the cold never affected her. She has strong arms from all the hacking and slashing she's done in her killing years. Her black robes and layers of clothes usually covers her body, and her hood masks most of her face. If you rolled up her sleeve you would see the countless amount of cutting she's done on her body to see how much blood she can leak before passing out. For every kill, she inscribes a letter into her knife. Apparently every letter is told to her by the voices in her head. Quite batty, one can see her in her cell block either striding around in circles, drawing pentagrams, or talking to herself about how they've taken away the thing dearest to them. She usually comes along as a to be feared individual, and rightfuly so.
    Spoiler:

Other: Keiiah loves the color black, and she loves knives too in case you didn't get the idea.

Last edited:
    Back