• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Write it, or write it?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
  • Hopefully someone will read this

I have completely lost interest in my current fic. I have several ideas swarming around in my head. I was thinking about starting a new fic and coming back to my old one when I fell like writing on it again. The reason I am posting this is because I need your help. In my first fic I had the whole story written down in a notebook. I think this is why I lost interest in writing it. I already know what is going to happen. I was about to start my new fic, but I am questing myself whether or not I should write the story down or just start typing and give no though as to how the story will end. This may keep me form losing interest in my story. What do you think? Should I just start typing? Should I write just ideas down? Or should I write the whole story down again?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I personally don't write my drafts on paper, mostly because it's easier to amend mistakes on a computer. Some people have this sort of emotional attachment to pen and paper, and I respect that. I don't think anyone can really help you when it comes down to determining initial medium, some people like writing on paper and some people don't. I personally prefer keeping everything about my story inside my head* before I actually write it, but I don't know if that works for other people

As for your current fic, here's a nice way to end a story that you've lost interest in:

It was at this point that the Universe decided to asplode. This greatly disappointed [Protagonist], because s/he thought s/he had at least a few good chapters left in the spotlight. S/He decided it would be best just to deal with death, and so sat down on a metaphysical rock and smoked metaphysical pot so as to spend the rest of his/her immaterial existence in a pleasant state of high. The end.

*Or sometimes in acting sessions that I hold by myself in my backyard, which makes me look awfully silly.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Well...if you don't have any desire to write...there's not much you can do about it. That's why I avoid writing down my ideas until I'm actually writing the chapter. I'd suggest taking a break from your current fic until you regain interest.

Back