• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double Battle Sprite Fix

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Hi,

As you probably know (unless it is just me), there is something odd with the pokemon sprites of the foe in double battles. The wrong one is on top. I've been looking for a fix, but...

I think it is in 'PokemonSprites' that the position of the pokemon in battle is altered. But, I don't know where to go from there. Is there a function I can call to bring the sprite to the top?

Regards, Dexter

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Look at 'ret-=16 if index==3' in PokemonSprite script section, if you change it to 'ret-=16 if index==1' you change the sprite that will be more at top.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Sorry for my late reply, I wanted to take the time to test it first (and I was still working on something else).

Anyway, just changing the '3' to a '1' doesn't seem to work. I'll keep trying though.

EDIT: to clarify the problem, see the tiny-appearing ursaring standing on top of Slaking's leg (while Ursaring should be behind Slaking)...

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Sorry, I misunderstand. In PokeBattle_ActualScene, before line '@sprites["pokemon1"].x=-144' add '@sprites["pokemon1"].z+=1'.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
So there is a z coordinate, even though it is not 3D. It makes sense that playing with that changes the one that is on top. Thanks!

I will edit this post later today when I'm able to change and test it.

It didn't work, but through your advice I did find the answer:

I've changed the order in which the images are created:

This:
Spoiler:

Becomes this:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back