• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Gijinka Project [M] [Signups/OOC]

Years
@幕之内 一歩 I apologise, I didn't notice your edit. Could use a bit of work but your roleplay sample shows that you know how to write so I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt; accepted.

@Rune Alchemist That looks good so far, looking forwards to seeing it done. Something I do have to point out though is that far as I can tell, Froslass don't actually have psychic powers. Ghost =/= psychic and they don't learn it naturally, or many ghost powers for that matter; their abilities tend to be more towards the Ice side of their typing.

So with Aura dropping that leaves us with Six completed characters, one WIP from Rune and one slot open to whoever would like to take it.

Last edited:
Years
As SB was just hinting me and the accepted players have been talking in our super awesome secret skype chat of doom and we have decided that some more variety is in order.

I'm increasing the overall amount of slots to 10, leaving three slots free for newcomers. However, for these new slots the types dark, psychic and ghost are banned. If your desired pokemon is primarily a different type and half one of those then I might allow it, VM me or something. Rune Alchemist this ban doesn't apply to you, feel free to carry on making your Froslass.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
When I said "Psychic", I was referring to those that Froslass can use... like making things float and move, and creating a barrier... But you're the GM. -shrugs-

I guess I'll try and draft up my Character's Backstory...

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
Hey I'm sorry, I gotta drop out. Heading to the field soon (military training). I don't know how long I'll be out there, probably a month or so and I don't want to hold this up.

I apologize once again. Hope you guys have fun!

soranium21

Eternally Hungry
Years
Ah, it's been a while since I last logged into this forum. Anyway, my friend Rune cordially invited me to join this RP, so I'd like to reserve a spot if you'd be so kind as to accept me. I'll be working on my profile for now.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Just informing you guys that I have received a name change. Sovereign. is now Nebula. Hope that doesn't cause too much confusion. :3

soranium21

Eternally Hungry
Years
Alright, here we go. Please inform me if there's something disagreeable or just plain wrong in what I wrote.

Name: Stella Plain
Pokemon Species: Mawile

Personality:
If you need someone to look at an empty glass and say that it's half-full, then Stella is the one for the job. There's always a chance, even when you don't see it - these are the words that she lives by. Of course, this goes both ways; she knows that being too optimistic isn't such a hot idea.

There was a time when she didn't trust anything or anyone but herself due to being looked down upon due to her lineage, but that changed when she became a breeder and regained the ability to establish connections, first with Pokemon, then with people. People began to see her in a new light: as the Pokemon-loving Stella, not as the child of terrorists. However, that unyielding pessimistic part of her head is a carry-over from those old times.

Having been abandoned at an early age, coupled with being denied of her existence by a lot of people, Stella had to learn a lot of things through her own efforts, and isn't much for tact. She does, however, appreciate people who are straightforward with her.

While once on the verge of cursing her existence for the rest of her life, she reclaimed her trust on others, first on Pokemon, then on people. This was catalyzed by a one-time chance meeting with a man training with his Pokemon, whom she later identified to be Bruno of Kanto's elite four.

As a breeder, she gives high regard to the proper handling and interaction with Pokemon, and will try to crack down on anybody who decides that they don't deserve respect, or unjustly mistreats them. In addition to this, she values taking care of the self, and looks down on people who don't eat properly, don't get enough sleep, or live a slovenly life in general.

Appearance:
Stella is somewhat insecure about her rather prominent forehead, but stopped being so tripped up over it when a boy told her that it looked great. Her hair, which used to be a plain fluffy black, had acquired naturally-occurring purple highlights. The fluffiness of her hair helps to hide the tiny black steel horns that she had acquired from being altered.

A major change in her physique, aside from the horns, is that her black eyes had changed into a deep red, and her hands had been stained permanently black, and her arms a vivid purple up to a few centimeters from the elbow.

Her height increased after the change, with Stella now standing at around 195 centimeters. As for her weight, while she thinks that it's been affected by the Metal type constitution, she still doesn't want to talk about it.

Background:
Stella's story is best begun by looking back to before she was born, at how her parents were Team Rocket members who dissented against the dissolution of the organization. With their common interests, they found themselves becoming a couple, eventually leading to the marriage that brought forth Stella into the world. However, as she was just about old enough to walk, they left her behind at Lavender Town's Pokemon Center, where she the three year old Stella met Mr. Fuji. Her parents then began their scheme to revive the defunct Team Rocket, starting by taking over the Pokemon Tower. However, things went wrong when an intrepid trainer had tried to foil their schemes before they could set it to motion, and accidentally triggered the bombs they had set up all over the tower. The trainer got out safely, but Stella's parents were never heard from again. At the same time, chunks of the tower had been blown off, disrupting the Pokemon that had been put to rest, and setting the Kanto region into turmoil.

The tower ended up getting a long-term remodel, and Mr. Fuji was kind enough to raise Stella herself. He took her parent's crimes in stride, saying that it wasn't her fault at all and that she shouldn't be blamed for anything. He taught Stella how to take care of Pokemon, and accept their love by giving it back two-fold. The girl took to his teachings so well that it was almost as if Stella was the daughter that he never had.

However, people would not forget easily. She would be the target of constant stream of abuse from the townspeople. As the target of their rage was gone, they shifted it to the closest in line, which was their daughter, the "Offspring of the Corpse Killers". It got worse when Fuji just disappeared one day, and all of the Pokemon she had been taking care of refused to interact with her; they only wanted Fuji. Young, hurt, confused and betrayed, the pressure of living alone coupled with being ostracized got to her eventually, and she left Lavender Town without a real plan. She ended up being lost in the wilderness where she chanced upon Bruno, who she decided to accompany despite not knowing who he was back then. In her journey as his tag-along for two months, she learned many new things that rekindled her love for Pokemon, and eventually allowed her to forgive people and their nature.

After giving her farewells, she returned to Lavender Town once more to find that the Fuji's Pokemon that she'd left behind had caused a racket across town, apparently looking for her. They hadn't hated her, after all; they were just worried about Fuji that they couldn't think of anything else, they same way that they were worried for her this time. From then on, she decided to be a breeder, to learn how she could best take care of Pokemon and return the happiness that she felt that day.

Years later, and she'd earned the respect of the people; no longer do they look down on her like scum, or think of her as a budding terrorist. She isn't a very well-known breeder, but the people of Lavender Town all know how well she takes care of abandoned Pokemon, carrying on Mr. Fuji's will. Of course, she believes that Mr. Fuji is still out there somewhere, probably at his old home, possibly making friends with more Pokemon.

On a certain day, as she was heading back from the recently completely rebuilt Pokemon Tower after paying tribute to the Pokemon she took care of that have passed away, she was taken, and has yet to be spotted since then.

Features - Positive:
Being a hybrid Steel/Fairy type, she has two immunities, as well as a wide array of resistances. In addition to this, she is also immune to actual poison.
Her Steel type constitution increases her stamina and resistance to physical damage, aside from the fact she is more agile and strong when compared to a normal person in general.
As a half, both Pokemon and Human methods of healing are applicable to her.
Her eyesight is heightened to the point where seeing in the dark is no problem to her, due to the Mawile's tendency to stay in caves.

Features - Negative:
As a consequence of being a Steel Pokemon, she is extremely sensitive to high temperatures, to the point where she is debilitated when it's too hot. She also gains an allergy to dust.
With her sense of sight heightened, her eyes become very sensitive. As an example, flashing a light at her will take her more than twice the time that it usually takes a person to recover.
Despite being a Steel type, her body is still mostly flesh with mostly just the bones being strengthened, so her skin can still be pierced like other people's.
She will have some difficulty in using her offensive Steel type moves, as her horns aren't well-developed enough to use them in full capacity.

Roleplay sample:
[This is actually from a story, not an RP, but it should suffice. Took out the names to make it more general.]

She sighed right after she got out of the clubroom, partly out of relief, but also partly out of disappointment, to her surprise. Though she only really did what she usually did while playing, she felt like she achieved something in that game alone. Perhaps it was because she cheered someone up by participating? That must have been part of it, she concluded. Only partly put off by the fact that she didn't have any more time to borrow more books or even just return the ones that she was already done reading, she went on to walk back to the school entryway where her outdoor shoes and umbrella should be waiting for her.

She thought back to what the president said said.

You have great potential in this game. If ever you get around to thinking that you don't dislike playing so much, then I'd be honored to have you join the club.

Normally, she'd have given this statement an outright, if not polite, rejection, but today she said "I'll think about it" for some reason. Could it be that she really wasn't as against the thought of playing the game as she thought? Only time will tell, she thought.

For now, the biggest obstacle for her was dinner. Last she saw, they didn't have much rice left in store, so she had to buy some too. Of course, all the money was at home, so she couldn't just drop by the market on the way. Finding herself in the entrance already, she changed into her outdoor shoes and picked up her umbrella from the rack.

"I guess curry will do for tonight."

Last edited:
Years
That looks mostly good, though I would like you to clarify one thing; her appearance is a bit vague, what exactly do you mean by horns? Do you mean the mouth-like horns that a Mawile has, or something smaller/different?

Also it's worth noting that with one prearranged and specific exception, Gijinka do not react well to Mega Evolution components, especially a species with major physical changed around their head like a Mawile. Just wanted to point that out since you mentioned Mawilite in your SU.

As an aside to everyone, the game will be starting soon. In the off chance that someone has been working on a SU and not posted in this thread yet post here asap to tell me so I can hold off a little bit if you want to be in the opening sequence.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
I got here just in time! I'm working on my SU right this very minute and I should have it done soon. Sorry to hold everyone up, I'll be done soon I promise.

My SU (Complete!):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
That is the most detailed, well thought out and articulate SU I've ever seen in my entire life.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Luxray, Luxray... You know, in my first playthrough of Diamond, I couldn't help but think that it was a Dark-type.

Just like how I used to think that Mightyena is a Normal Type.

Also, the Fairy-type matchup is making my head spin. I thought it was strong against Fire-types :(

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
It is not. Rather, Fire types are resistant to Fairies.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Speaking of Fire-types and mega evolutions, I'm surprised none of the players chose Charizard, and that we have an even distribution between Dark, Ghost, and Psychic types.

soranium21

Eternally Hungry
Years
There we go, fixed the little issues that cropped up. Yeah, the horns are tiny, as in they're rather flat and round, but pointy at the end. Basically stereotypical horns, except less curvy and short enough to be covered by hair. It's stated that Mawile's back jaws were originally horns, and as the first set of Gijinka, it's probably appropriate if they start small instead of popping out suddenly, in full size.

As for the thing with Mawilite, I decided to just get rid of it to keep from complicating things too much. Please tell me if there's anything more to fix or clarify.

Years
Alright then, everything looks good; Stella is approved!

And @Karma sure, that's fine. As seen below we will be waiting a few days to start.

To everyone due to technical problems on my computer my attitude to my upcoming assignment deadline has changed from "Bugger, this is gonna be close" to a sentiment that PC's censoring would only allow me to express by gratuitous use of the asterisk symbol. Basically, I'm screwed and in an attempt to not fail the course the next few days are going to be taken up entirely by working. As such I'm going to delay the start of the RP by a few days - a week at most - so I can actually give my full attention to it when we get started.

Back