• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Downgrading your PSP?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Not sure if this is the EXACT place to ask this, but I have a couple of things to ask about. The first being that, is there a way to downgrade my PSP from 3.71 Firmware to either 1.5 or 2.x? (x being any number)

I've recently discovered that I can play ROMs on my PSP, but the emulation software I have only works on version 1.5 or 2.x.

So my questions are: Is there a way I can downgrade my current firmware to the one that is required, because I can't seem to find it on the web? And if it is impossible to downgrade my PSP to this level, is there a program that will work on version 3.71?

Thanks for reading.

jk-pingx

developing a hack
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
the only way to drowngrade a psp on firmware 3.71 is buy using the pandora's battary combo but for that you need a psp running 1.5 to turn the psp battary into service mode and to write the recovery files to the memory stick. the only thing you can do on 3.71 offical firmware is add ptf themes to it. But if you dont have a 1.5 psp or dont have accses to one your out of luck

Last edited:

jk-pingx

developing a hack
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
but the pandora's battary is no-use with out a magic mem stick, which requires a psp with cfw to create, the magic mem stick can not be bought as no one is legaly allowed to give you the files it contains

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
AKA if one of your friends has a 3.50 PSP, have them downgrade to 1.5, creat a Pandora's battery, and give it you.

jk-pingx

developing a hack
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
even if a friend had a 3.50 psp you would need an increasingly rare and expensive game called lumines to be able to downgrade

Back