• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV training basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hello! Basically, 'EV' stands for 'Effort Value'. Each pokemon can have a maximum of 510 EVs in total and each stat can have a maximum of 255 EVs. For every 4 EVs your pokemon has in a stat, that stat will be increased by 1 point at level 100 (since each stat can have a maximum of 255 EVs, the max you can increase one stat is 63 and you can do this in two stats).

Every time your pokemon faints an opponent, it'll gain an EV (unless it already has a total of 510 EVs). Different pokemon give different EVs with evolved pokemon giving more than basics. For example a Ratata will give 1 speed EV whereas a Gengar will give 3 Special Attack EVs. You can double the amount of EVs you get from each kill by using a Macho Brace and you can add +4 of a specific EV to every kill if you use a Power Training item (Power Brace, Power Lens, etc, obtained from Battle Frontier/Battle Subway). EVs are also obtained by a pokemon holding an EXP share whilst another pokemon wins a battle, they both get the full EVs from the kill.

I don't think I've left anything out, but if you need help feel free to message me :)

EDIT: Also, for a list of what gives which EVs and specific areas ideal for training, visit this page: here. :)

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • It's a bit too complicated to explain in a post.

Your best bet is to read this page. It's got all you need to know about EVs.

EDIT: Alex covered the very basics. And gives the same page I did. Looks like I got ninja'd...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back