• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wish if it was the sun and moon art style ..

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    I Mean i just saw the teaser trailer of pokemon movie 21
    AND THE ART STYLE IF SOOO Franking GREAT . I mean if the movie art style will be used as the main art style in the show i will totally watch it ..
    Its just me who likes the ash in the movie or what c:

Guest123_x1

Based on what I saw in that teaser trailer, I prefer the 21st movie's art style over the Yo-kai Watch-esque art style seen in the Sun/Moon anime (especially with Ash) any day.

As much as most Pokémon fans prefered the "original" art style used (with few modifications) through XYZ, reverting to that would probably give off vibes of taking a major step backward.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Don't mind either, but I prefer the 21st movie art style. I'd only not watch a movie if the art style and animation was really atrocious.

Years
  • It's not the same than SM at all but I won't deny it doesn't have a touch of SM's animation style, because it does.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think this is the first time that O.L.M. has partnered with another animation studio to produce a Pokemon movie. That Studio being Wit Studios; the studio that made: Kabeneri the Iron Fortress, Seraph of the end, and Attack on Titan.

We don't know yet how much influence they have on the production off the new movie. But it if they're going to be animating majority of the Movie, it could also be assumed that they had a hand with the character design as well.

You should expect highly stylized Pokemon battles tho, as Wit has proved to be rather skilled at animating combat/action scenes. Attack on titan and Kabeneri are proof of that.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The battle scenes won't look good in my opinion. They really messed up the graphics and designs of the movie and tv show.

Last edited:
    Back