• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy found her way to the largest of the battle arena's, which was unsuprisingly empty while everyone else was out enjoying the festive season. Well, while all those slackers were out having a wonderful day she'd be in here - training. It could give her the edge over her classmates, especially Mark, who she still had to defeat after her initial loss to him. Although she hadn't seen him since the incident at the power plant... he'd probably have a few questions about the vanishing act she pulled, and she was in no mood to give answers. Not today.

Unclipping Ponyta's Pokeball from her belt she examined it, hoping to find some answers in the red and white surface. Why did the Fire type refuse to listen to her? And why did she show total disinterest in battle except when it was against one of Sammy's own Pokemon? She hadn't done anything to make Ponyta behave that way. She'd caught Ponyta with her bullfighter act on the volcano, she hadn't even needed to have a proper Pokemon Battle! And from the first time she'd sent Ponyta out these behavioural problems had shown up. She'd heard from her Dad once that winning gym badges could earn the respect of your Pokemon, showing them you were a Trainer worthy of them. If that was the case there were plenty of Gym Leaders at the Academy she could battle, but was she ready to face someone of that level? Not until she could at least beat Mark, that was for sure.

But she'd never had problems like this with her other Pokemon. Corphish had always listened to her, even if he had a bit of an attitude. Cubone had struggled in battles until recently, but he'd always respected her, and now they'd found a solution to his fear of battles too. Shuppet did exactly what she said... but nothing else, which was a bit creepy. Only Ponyta showed outright disobedience. She sighed and took a minute to think about how she was going to approach this.​

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike looked behind to see Mark catching up. "Well, look over here, seems you can run! Well, let's get to Oak Town!"

The two ran side by side, almost as if it was a race, as Mike stopped in the center of town: the Pokemon Center! "Alright, Mark, where to now? Any of your friends that might be around here?" Mike was breathing heavily and soon sat down with the backpack to rest. "Well, wherever they are, I'm gonna want to rest for a minute!" Mike then slumped his head down and breathed hard, waiting for Mark to respond.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark managed to catch up with Mike and held his finger up so he could have a moment to catch his breath. He was decently fit. He had to be if he was going to catch up with his Pokemon after all! Mark usually did exercises with them where they would run over to the Cafeteria in the morning but since he was carrying a pretty heavy load, he decided to save it for later. After all... he had something else in mind once he gathered enough people. It was gonna be one heck of an event!

"...I might have an idea where one of my friends is but I kinda want to meet up with my folks. They're staying in one of the hotels around here. I have a couple of presents for them. One of them's looking after a Pokemon of mine too so I want to pick it up before I do anything else." Mark said. He recalled his dad gave him directions where their room would be.

"I can hang onto the bag if its getting heavy. I'm good." Mark said.

pokefan9900

Years
"Alright, Mark, here ya go!" Mike lopped it in Mark's hands and fell directly into the snow around the area. He quickly got up after being cooled down and went to walk with MArk.

"So, your parents live here, too? That explains why you were here day 1! Anyways, I'll wait at the entrance, and when you come back we'll continue, alright?"

Mike and Mark soon got to the hotel Mark was heading for, and Mike waited next to the door as Mark walked in. Man, this guy is pretty cool, we could maybe be friends someday! Anyways, I gotta train while he's out there! Mike then released Porkchop and started training, punching some bare tress around the area until the fell while waiting for Mark to return.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
637.png
093.gif
Adrian Steele
091.gif
627.png

Christmas Day
_______________________________________________________________________​

All it took was three words to make his day that much better. There was something strange and wonderful in the air that seemed to fill him with joy... Or is it her? He had no idea, but he wouldn't trade this moment for all the money in this world.

He turned around, and quickly returned everyone but Supernova, as everyone was already settling down from their morning routine. He wasted no time at all in covering the short distance between the two of them, running towards her like there was no tomorrow.

"Hey, Merry Christmas!" He hadn't genuinely told someone that in ages, it seemed, and it felt good to have the chance to do that. Sure, he didn't really know what the whole holiday was really about, but it was still a generally happy time of year for others.

The least he could do was keep it that way for those he cared for.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
Amanda Moore
252.gif
041.gif
83443d1350790762-whats-like-inside-pokeball-pokeball.gif
83443d1350790762-whats-like-inside-pokeball-pokeball.gif

Amanda woke up in the cold dormitory, winter had rolled around quickly. She felt like she'd barely been there at all before the snow started to fall. The timid girl found Burdock in her arms, cuddled up to her for warmth. The little Treecko was still asleep, Ammy felt a little bad about having to wake him up now.

"Burdock," she whispered to the green gecko. He didn't budge. "It's time to get up now buddy." she said as she lifted herself from the bed, Burdock jumped awake and gave a little timid noise before he relaxed into her lap. Amanda turned her head to see her electronic alarm clock, the date was displayed in the corner above the time. 25/12.

Wait, that's...

Christmas.

She couldn't believe it at first, was it really Christmas already? Ammy double checked the clock, it was definitely the 25th of December. She felt a little bit sad, her first Christmas without her family. Even though her dad was constantly working, he always put time aside for Christmas, it was always her favourite time of year. But now she was alone, on an island, with nobody to keep her company but her Pokémon.

Feeling that it'd be a waste of a day to sleep in, since there were no classes on Christmas, Amanda convinced herself to get outside into the snow, if she knew anybody she'd probably attempt to build a snowman or have a snowball fight, but she didn't. She put on her warm clothes and a coat, and returned Burdock to his Pokéball, clipping it to her messenger bag along with Fang's ball and the two empty ones.

Amanda soon found herself outside the academy, students were laughing and rolling around in the snow with their little clusters of friends. She sat down on a bench and clutched at her own arms, trying to stay warm while she tried to take in the joyous atmosphere the holiday brought with it.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds -> Cafeteria

Now outside the Entei Dorm and walking around the snowy campus, Alice had finally decided what she was going to do that day. Her folks hadn't sent her a message yet, so in the meantime she was going to try to train, get to know Grace more, and maybe catch a Pokémon that could help her in case the Chuck story was to happen again. However, she decided to get a snack at the cafeteria first, since her tummy was starting to ask for a morning meal. By that time she was used to the hallways, with all the classes she had taken and whatnot, and reached the cafeteria quickly. The line was not very long, and she had a mocaccino and some muffins from the lady behind the counter. With a thankful smile she went over to one of the tables, and proceeded to have her X-mas breakfast.

Suddenly she felt something poking her leg. Alice, with her mouth stuffed with part of a muffin, turned and saw Grace looking up at her with puppy eyes. "What is it, Grace? You want one?" she asked after swallowing, and her Pokémon nodded. "Well, here you go!" she said and gave a muffin to her Ralts, who happily accepted it and took a bite off it. Jello huffed and Alice looked at him. "Want one, Jello?" she asked, but Jello telepathically said no in a polite way. The red haired girl then returned her attention to her meal, while Jello glared at Grace.

"What is it now?" Grace asked, her mouth stuffed with muffin.

"Don't talk with a full mouth." he said coldly. Grace rolled her eyes, knowing it was one of Jello's annoying fits and continued to eat, ignoring her purple teammate. When was he going to warm up to her?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Oerba Dia Vanille

Team
Spoiler:

5924_377620905676901_1306683823_n.jpg

Vanille smiled more as Adrian returned all of his Pokemon but Supernova before running over to her. "Hey, Merry Christmas!" he said to her and Vanille smiled more hugging him.

"Merry Christmas" She smiled kissing his cheek. Blushing, which wasn't really that noticeable since her cheeks were already red from the cold air. "Would you like to join me for breakfast?" she asked looking at him and Supernova before looking at her own three Pokemon. "I'm heading for the cafeteria now to get some food for me, and these three."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

With no inspiration striking her Sammy released Ponyta into the arena. The fiery steed took a cursory look around her surroundings and, upon spotting Sammy, promptly looked away and turned her nose up. Sammy sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. Most of her attempts had started out like this.

"Ponyta, are you still not listening to me?"

She was answered with a suprisingly chilly silence for a Fire type. Again this was normal of their attempts to bond so far. She'd tried waiting Ponyta out, but there was never any break in the silence. Strict commands didn't work, and trying to set an example with another of her Pokemon's good behaviour just ended up in Ponyta attacking them savagely. All that left was diplomacy, something she found frustrating with a creature that couldn't speak in the same language as her. She sat unceremoniously on the ground, crossing her legs and leaning back on her hands.

"So. You've got a beef with me, I can tell that much. I don't know what it is. Wanna help me out with that?"

Again. Silence.

"I really wanna work this out Ponyta. But if you're totally unhappy, I'll release you if you want. Do you want me to release you, is that it?"

This time Ponyta shot a disgusted glance in her direction before looking away again. At least that was a response... of sorts. And it seemed to suggest Ponyta didn't want to be free of Sammy, not necessarily.

"So you don't wanna be let go. That's cool. But this whole you not listening, or talking, and attacking my other Pokemon... I think we can both agree this whole situation kinda sucks. You don't wanna stay like this, do you?"

Ponyta looked down to the ground. So Ponyta didn't like the way things were either... finally she was getting somewhere!... not really. She still didn't know why Ponyta was behaving this way, or how to fix it. And she couldn't ask the why... well she could, but Ponyta couldn't answer that.

"So you don't wanna leave. And you don't like how things are. You can't tell me what the problem is, so we're stuck there. That leaves us in a bit of a mess, so what do you wanna do about it?"

Ponyta stared straight at her this time, stamping her diamond hard hooves on the ground aggressively. Here was that aggression again, and they'd been making such good progress. Unless this was what Ponyta had been wanting? She was constantly attacking Sammy's other Pokemon, but she'd always refused to let them battle because Ponyta was behaving like a wild Pokemon. But she battled wild Pokemon all the time, you had to to be able to capture them. There was no other way to get their re-...

Oh come on. It was so obvious - she'd never battled Ponyta before catching her! She'd found Ponyta already injured, then exhausted her by running around until she couldn't resist a pokeball. It was Trainer 101 that you battled a wild Pokemon not just to weaken them enough so that a pokeball could contain them, but to earn their respect and prove you were a strong enough Trainer for them!

"You want to battle me!" She exclaimed, jumping happily to her feet. "Because we never did, I get it now! Right?"
Ponyta nodded her head, the flames along her neck flaring up. She'd cracked it! All she had to do now was beat Ponyta in a battle and hopefully things would start to improve.
Laughing she nodded her head in return. "No problem. I'm so sorry Ponyta, I've been a total doofus. Of course I'll battle you. I want us to be friends and I should've respected the way this is done more. Forgive me?"

Ponyta stared at her for a while before turning her back and trotting across the arena. Once there was some distance between them Ponyta turned around again and began dragging her front right hoof along the ground. The scraping sound was unpleasant, but it showed Ponyta was ready to charge.

"Okay," Sammy nodded, "after the battle."

Instinctively her hand reached for Corphish's pokeball. He was her strongest Pokemon by a good margin, and would have a type advantage as well. But no, she had to make sure she really earned Ponyta's respect here after making such a mess of things. Taking the easy route wouldn't prove anything. Her hand diverted to the Luxury Ball attached to her belt and unclipped it, tapping the button to enlarge the capsule. Shuppet wouldn't give her any real advantage and the little weirdo would benefit from the battle as much as Sammy and Ponyta would.​

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Store after store, Shawn saw the same word: CLOSED. Of course, he wasn't thinking properly, since hardly any stores would be open on Christmas Day! He mentally cursed his luck and wondered how he would have a gift for Kayla. Having no other ideas for now, he decided to head back to the Academy. He also felt his stomach growling since he didn't have breakfast yet.

He slowly trudged his way from town to the cafeteria, keeping his head down and ignoring the other students. One kid errantly threw a snowball and his Shawn in the back, but he ignored it, heading inside and soon found himself in the breakfast line. He grabbed his tray and sat down by himself and started to eat.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Years
"I might be awhile. I'm planning to spend some time with my parents. You can go on without me if I take too long." Mark said as he entered.

Mark mad his way through the hotel. His dad mentioned the room number so it was easy to find out. The hotel was fairly small anyways. Mark arrived at their room and knocked on the door only to be greeted by both of his parents. Mark gave a big smile.

"Mark! Merry Christmas!" They both said as they brought him inside. There was a christmas tree prepared and everything! And presents! Lots of them! Alright! He felt like he was back home again... just a day with his parents to go over his experiences in the academy, relax, and just talk. Mark was very eager to open up his presents though... For now, Mark placed the presents that he gathered up for his parents under the tree.

The three of them sat down on a table and had lunch together... going over their past stories and experiences... about what Mark went through in the academy... though he left out a couple of things. Such as his phobia of the Ocean he had developed and Team Rocket... the three spent quite a bit of time inside.

"You've turned into quite the trainer Mark. I hear your becoming quite the strategist..." Mark's mother said.

"Yup! Me and my team are coming up with all sorts of nifty tricks! I'm developing more as we speak! Just wait till you see me in a battle!" Mark said with a smile.

"Oh Mark, I got Commodore for the most part tamed... I had to put him into my computer. He had some weird little virus inside of him that made him all jumpy. I dunno where he evolved, but whatever caused it messed him up a bit. Its personality is very... um... different. You can see for yourself." His dad said. Commodore was let out of his ball.

The Porygon Z looked around and quickly noticed Mark, swooping down and giving him a big hug. "Hey Commodore! You feeling ok?" Mark asked. The Porygon quickly nodded and nuzzled Mark. He was awfully affectionate... very different from the more serious personality his previous evolution had!

As they finished Lunch, it was finally time to open some presents! Mark started with one that was shaped kind of like a book. when he opened it up, he had an extremely happy look on his face! It was a huge guidebook on various strategies used by some of the best trainers around the world that explained combinations of moves, how different Pokemon could work together, explained complex moves like Baton Pass, the works! It was perfect!

"W-wow! This is awesome! As soon as I get back to my dorm I'm reading this top the bottom! Thanks guys!" Mark said happily. More presents continued to get unwrapped... a couple of TMs, and heck, one HM! Mark's parents must have went really out of the way to get this. The HM was waterfall. Perfect for Len! That might have been what his mother intended to begin with. Marks parents also seemed to enjoy their presents too! Mark had gotten them whatever he could think of... He got them a couple of neat outfits, fit for a trainer probably. It'd give his mom a bit of nostalgia for sure and he got his dad a couple of electronic goodies for his computer. Mark went through his bag to make sure he wasn't missing anything important... he did rush out of his room pretty quickly and whenever he did, Mark ALWAYS felt like he was forgetting something. And usually, he always did.

Turns out Mark did forget a few gifts back home... He'd have to make a pit stop there before meeting up with Sammy. Stupid old Mark left her jacket over there. He remembered it was left in his closet rather then grouped with the other presents.

"Mark... I don't mean to kill the mood but we need to talk about something. We've heard Team Rocket was here..." Mark's dad said. Mark froze. Crap... so they knew.

"...Your not planning on taking me home are you?" Mark asked. The two parents looked at eachother and shook their heads.

"No.... but we wanted to make the option to you while we were here. Though... I'm guessing your going to stay no matter what we do huh?" His mother said. Mark simply nodded. "Professor Oak called us the other day warning us about Team Rocket and about bringing their students back home if they wished. I suppose he didn't intend for all of the students to leave. If you want to stay then we won't stop you but just... promise me you'll be careful. We'll be staying on the island for some time so if you need a somewhere to just... relax and talk then we'll be here.." just please be careful..." She said.

Mark gave a thumbs up to his parents. "Of course mom. I gotta head out and gives these gifts to the rest of my friends... Love you guys." Mark said as he hugged both of his parents and walked outside. Looks like Sammy as up next... wherever she was...

pokefan9900

Years
"Alright, Porkchop, nice training, though I hope this small forest grows back!" Mike returns Porkchop after training for an hour. "Hmmm...Mark's not out yet. Guess he's having a long conversation with his family! Well, maybe I should go on without him. After all, he doesn't seem to need my help. alright, time to go-"

Just then, an ice shot came from nowhere and hit Mike square in the side, knocking him to the floor. "What the hell?! What was that?!" Mike searched to find a...Swinub?! "A Swinub, huh? That's weird, you shouldn't be in town. I guess the cold weather seems to have more Ice-type Pokemon be rather frequent. Well, OK, I'll fight, but only to catch you!"

Battle" Lvl.16 Swinub

"OK, Porkchop, let's see if all this training payed off!" Mike sent out Porkchop, the Pokemon being rather fierce would work well against a small Swinub. "Alright, little guy, prepare to be defeated! Porkchop, use Karate Chop!" Porkchop swung hard, but missed, as it seemed the Swinub jumped over and used the same Ice-Type move it used on Mike, Powder Snow. It seemed to have no effect on Porkchop, but soon Porkchop couldn't move; he was frozen! "No, Porkchop, come on, break free!" Swinub stood in a prepared stance, firing off several Mud Slaps at the frozen Porkchop. Eventually, with all of his might, Porkchop broke free, only for all of his hits to miss thanks to Mud Slap! Porkchop's rage got higher and higher until he soon used the attack Rage and was finally able to hit Swinub once. Swinub seemed down for the count, when it glowed a red tint and got up, barely standing. "Endure, you know that move?! Well, I gtuess it's time! Go, Poke Ball!" Mike threw the Pokeball and caught the Swinub on his first try, it being barely conscious and all. "Hmmmm...what to name you? Well, since you used Powder Snow to hurt me, I guess I'll call you Powder!Welcome to the team!" Mike went to the Pokemon Center to heal the two that just fought, and when he exited, out cam Mark from the hotel!

"Hey Mark, how's it gong?! You won't believe what just happened! I just caught my fourth Pokemon, a Swinub! Anyways, how was your talk with your parents?!"

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Mountains
"I'm sorry"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crunch!

Valorie stepped out into deep snow, her breath easily visible in the deathly cold morning air. She looked over the deep ravine before her, at the impossible trek ahead of her. Stranded in the mountains with only one pokemon, things were starting to become desperate. Yamask could not simply carry her out, and her numb thighs told her that she was now on borrowed time. Yet, she did not want to leave. Her pokemon were still back at the base! Where was the base again? She'd become hopelessly lost, it seemed... How was she even to find her way back to the academy? ...This was a rotten day to be wearing a mini-skirt.

"Are you sure you're alright?" the quiet, haunting voice of her faithful companion Shu asks.He was all she had left. The rockets had managed to miss him, due to him never residing in his ball and hiding in her shadow.

"No, and no thanks to that sprained arm you got me either..." Valorie replies weakly. She was both sick and shivering gently in the deadly cold. She couldn't tell what exactly was afflicting her. Was it a cold? Hypothermia? ...Both?

"That wasn't my fault..! I--" Shu starts, only to be interrupted by Valorie's coarse voice.

"I'm not a pokemon, Shu! You can't push my body like that!" she snaps angrily, perhaps letting her poor health get to her.

"Yeah, and I was never a teenage girl! You don't see me complaining, do you?! I could lift -way- heavier back when I was your age!" Shu blurts out in response, drawing an unamused glare from Valorie. She stares the ghost pokemon down for a moment.

"...I was never good with teenage girls then either, though." Shu then laments, disarmed.

Valorie shakes her head gently and begins moving forward. Her movements were slow. She wasn't making any distance at all, it felt like. Yet, what were her other options? Give up, sit down and have some tea with the local snover?

"BRAT!" a voice calls over the muffling snow. Huh..? Had she heard something? The very sick girl turns, and indeed sees a form approaching her. As her eyes focus it is revealed to be a familiar boy. It none other than the same man that had confronted her with her own pokemon earlier. Thief... Dastard. She glares, emitting a ragged cough into her scarf. She was pretty sure she was dying, and yet all she could think about was how badly she wanted to punch this guy in the face. He appeared better off than her, bundled up nicely and lacking an unladylike runny nose to boot. Yet, he had no pokemon out.

"You irritating little twerp! You've gotten us both -lost-! I was ordered to go after you and not come back until I returned you to your cell! Do you have any idea what I've been through over your pathetic butt?!" the rocket rants, advancing on Valorie slowly yet surely.

Valorie glares slightly, unable to be intimidated as she had to question how exactly the rocket could possibly make things worth. "There's nothing pathetic about my 'butt'..." she replies, half-heartedly provoking the rocket in a venomous tone.

"Are you kidding me?!" the rocket roars, raising his arms in protest. "Every single one of my pokemon have fainted to this damning cold and the wild pokemon?! What -possessed- you to come out here?! Do you even--" The rocket continues, but Valorie was no longer listening.

He had no pokemon. This was too perfect. She could not restrain a slight smirk from gracing her pale features. "...Shu, did you ever beat someone up?" she mumbles to her own shadow.

"...Well, yeah--I guess." Shu responds in a lackluster tone.

"Make him wish he was never born..." Valorie then says out loud, choking a bit on her own words and reaching back to accept Shu's mask as he slips from her shadows on command. The rocket catches onto the fact that Valorie appears to be talking to someone and stops himself, only for the half-frozen teenager to dawn the mask and suddenly lunge forward with inhuman speed and grab onto him. Watching one of her knees rise and strike the rocket's leg from the side of no volition of her own Valorie smiles as the boy is knocked flat on his back. The short girl moves to stand over him, for once feeling tall and mighty as she moved to press his rising head back down under her boot.

...This was the best gift she could've asked for...

Team Freaking Rocket - Undisclosed Location
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Who broke the silence?!" a man's voice demands, orange suit half-obscured in the darkness of the room he was in. "I gave very simple instructions. What part of avoiding detection did your team not understand?!" he quickly continues. A young trainer on the other end, inconspicuous, rushes to respond in a nervous tone. "I-I'm not sure! It definitely wasn't me, Boss!" he protests lamely. He is met with a dismissive grunt. "...Consider your team suspended. Don't bother coming back unless you've got something worth my time." the man remarks, clearly slightly irate though in control of himself. The communications end as quick as they began, leaving a distraught rocket spy to think over their life choices and their next course of action.

MacKenzie Quigg - Outside of the Cafeteria
Every trainer down in Oak's Academy liked Christmas a lot, but the grinch who stood just outside it's cafeteria - did not. MacKenzie did not care for Christmas - the whole Christmas season. Now, please don't ask why; no one quite knows the reason. It could be, perhaps, that her sandals were too tight. Or it could be that her head wasn't screwed on just right.

"Christmas is so... lame. You wouldn't understand."

...Or perhaps... she was merely a hipster. Mackenzie feigns dismissiveness, shaking her head. She held a cup of warm coffee in her hands. A poofy black hat, goggles that remained unused, white tomboyishly short hair, a flaired collar and simply no regard for the notion of pragmatism defined MacKenzie's looks. Clothes that didn't match and socks with sandals, purple contacts and glasses she didn't even need...

MacKenzie did appear slightly odd however. Her proportions were different, eyes and hands that were a bit too big. Something was very off about this girl. She didn't seem to have a care in the world however, teasing a couple of younger students by humoring their every question with an appropriately proud answer. Why did she wear sandals? Shoes were overrated! Why socks? Why weren't you wearing sandals and socks in the middle of winter of course!

Oddly enough, she had no pokeballs on her person. Some might recognize her as having been on a missing person poster not all that long ago.

...Now her poster was replaced with Valorie's, though by now even Val's poster was starting to be replaced as search parties gave up hope. How awful...

Megaman765

Years
Mark looked outside and quickly noticed Mike waiting outside for him... geez... patient guy huh... Mark had forgotten a couple of gifts back in his dorm so maybe it would be good to get back there before he forgot... then he could go look for Sammy and the others. He didn't want to make this guy go all over the place though. They'd be running back and forth otherwise.

"Hey Mike, I gotta head back to my Dorm. I forgot a couple of things over there so we're gonna have to split up for a bit. I'll see you around alright?" Mark said. His bag was plenty lighter now that he unloaded the gifts for his parents. He felt kinda silly forgetting his stuff though. Most of the presents he forgot were for people in the academy! He had a couple that he'd have to mail as well... hm. Nonetheless, Mark quickly rushed on back to his dorm so he could get his gifts as quickly as possible.

Mark glanced up at the building and noticed something odd. A window.. Broken?

"Please don't be my room PLEASE don't be my room..." He thought to himself.

pokefan9900

Years
"Alright, Mark, maybe later we can battle!" Mike said, then seeing Mark nod and run back to his dorm. "Man, now what am I gonna do? I guess I could go to the one place I haven't yet...the Lugia Dorm!"

Mike was always to scared to go to this dorm, being at least a mile away at all times. The atmosphere was creepy, and it was the first place to make him feel afraid of ghosts. Mike walked to the entrance, gulped, and ran inside.

"Wow, this place is pretty big! I wonder what ghost Pokemon are in here." Mike walked through all the floors of this dorm, in every room, down every hallway, inspecting every item. "Wow, this place ain't that scary! Now time to lea-wait, what the hell was that?!" Mike saw for a brief moment what seemed to be Drake, the Orange Champion, staring directly at him across the hall Mike froze in fear, too scared to move. "Dr...Drake?! Why are you here!" Mike searched around the area, finally able to move, until he saw him, Drake. Drake stood there, with a Poke Ball in hand. "So, you wanna battle, huh? Well, from my months here and my birthday passing, I have changed! I will beat you this time!" Mike sent out Fang, and Drake sent out Dragonite. "Alright, now use-wait, what's happening?!" The Dragonite was a figment of the imagination, and it turned into a Gengar, menacingly looking at Mike. Mike was barely able to tell Fang to use Wing Attack, but it missed nonetheless. The Gengar then yelled its name, and Mike instantly returned Fang and ran out as fast as he could. "I'm never going in there again! Now, I' going to rest, Christmas has turned into a nightmare!" Mike ran to his dorm and rested until 2PM, finally getiing up and getiing the event out of his mind. "alright, after that little exploration, where to now?" Mike then started to walk aimlessly.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds -> Mountains

Having finished the holiday breakfast, Alice, Grace and Jello left the cafeteria to wander the school grounds. A nice walk around the snowy campus could help Alice clear her head from all the thoughts that were struggling inside her head and she could use the opportunity to try to bond with Grace even more. On her way out her attention had been drawn by an oddly dressed girl, but she continued her way to the campus without putting much thought to her. Right at that moment, she wasn't in the mood to chat, introduce herself or make new friends.

With a casual smile she walked outside the academy building, with her Pokémon following. Jello and Grace were not looking or speaking to each other, both still upset over the events at the cafeteria. Ocassionally a sigh came from Grace's mouth, followed by a groan from Jello's side. It was like having a recently-broken-up couple around. "Guys, give it a rest already." Alice said to them. Then she got back to thinking. She spotted a bench and went over to it. She took a seat, and Grace hopped over to her left side, while Jello floated over to her right.

With her horn, Grace could sense a wave of sorrow coming from her new trainer. She wanted to speak to Jello in private, but she didn't want to leave Alice all by herself; not after all she's been through. Alice needed to get a new Pokémon for protection, a tough one. And she thought that in the mountains there were many tough Pokémon that lived there. Suddenly, she had an idea. She hopped off the bench, and made a run for it towards the mountains.

"Tch! Where do you think you're going?!" Jello shouted, and followed. The whole thing snapped Alice out of her thoughts, and she sprinted towards Grace, who giggled playfully seeing that both her trainer and teammate were giving chase. Yes! The plan's working out!

"Grace! Wait up!" Alice shouted, as the three of them reached a rocky terrain.

Megaman765

Years
Joint Post: Mark and...Lucia?

When Mark headed inside his dorm room, he quickly noticed the broken window that he saw outside and looked around cautiously. Snype was on edge and jumped off to look around, claws up and ready to strike.

"...shush Snype... keep an eye out..." Mark said. He grabbed onto the nearest object he could finds, which was a textbook. Kinda underwhelming but it was all he had. He noticed the bathroom door was open and an odd smell in the air... now who would raid Mark's bathroom? Team Rocket? Did they find him again? Either that or he has some obsessive fan... nah. Too far fetched. Mark cautiously approached the door and peeked into it, looking around...

As soon as he peeked in he would a surprised gasp and see... Lucia there?

"Oh Mark! Geez! Learn how to knock!"

Mark stared blankly for a moment. He had to take a moment to take all of this in... there she was! Lucia! In his...bathroom? Mark dropped his book and walked up to her. "L-Lucia! Your back! Uh... why are you in my bathroom...? Heh. If you needed to use something you could have messaged me." Mark said with a nervous laugh.

She frowned at him and then began to poke at his chest, "Why haven't you been messaging me!?" She snapped angrily. "You never even asked where I went did you!?"

Mark blinked and rubbed his head, a bit ashamed. "Er.. s-sorry... alot of stuff came up after that day... I assumed you were still in the academy... It's a long story...

At that Lucia huffed. "Well, in case you were wondering, we have big problems! I... I was taken back home by my parents. I thought that something big had gone down, but they said I had to be away from the Academy for a while. And..." She frowned, "You're not going to like this Mark."

Mark crossed his arms and looked for a place to sit down. He took a seat on the edge of the bathtub in there. "...Lucia. Does this have to do with Team Rocket?" Mark guessed.

Lucia glaned at him. "How'd you? Never mind. My dad.. you know how he's an attorney and all? I... " She sighed, "I heard him talking one day. I thought that they just missed me you know? That they just wanted me here to get ready for Christmas... but then I was about to go into his office to talk to him and I heard him talking to someone. I only caught a few words, but it was about the academy, and my dad was chuckling and asking how it was going. Whoever it was, they were asking something about legal stuff because my dad went into this whole thing about transferring ownership of items and how you can do a bit of tampering with the system here and there. I... he said that he got me off the island and once I got back that his subordinates weren't supposed to target me."

Lucia shook her head as she teared up, "I-I'm not stupid..." She quickly broke down into sobs and put her face into her hands.

"Lucia..." Mark simply said. He got up and scooted over to Lucia to offer a hug to her. Mark didn't expect that to be any reason to leave. Lucia's dad in cohoots with Team Rocket? That's horrible! Especially since he was linked to this whole attack on the academy. If that was the case... he'd have some answers about just what the whole plan on this island was... Mark already got a taste of it when Commodore was kidnapped but Mark still wondered just why they specifically targeted Commodore and not his other Pokemon.

Lucia just sobbed in his arms and choked out the rest of what was to be said, "I... I told Eric... and and... he wouldn't believe me at first." She wiped away a few tears, "But... he said he could at least bring me here... dad thinks we're on vacation right now." She let out another weak sob.

Mark held Lucia into a hug and tried his best to comfort her. "Deep breaths Lucia... let it all out. I actually ran into some Team Rocket grunts on this island... they almost took Commodore. They did some weird things to him and he ended up evolving in the process... I don't know what they wanted but there has gotta be some connection... Lucia if you need a place to stay your more then welcome to stick around." Mark said.

She wiped at her eyes, "Well, we said it would be two days. I-I think Eric is around somewhere. He left on Damascus a while ago. I think he's in denial. I don't know Mark... I don't think I should go back, but if I don't my father will know something's up!"

"Well you have two days to think about it. Take that time to gather your thoughts and think about how to approach it. It's Christmas after all. Nobody should be so stressed at this time of the year... despite the circumstances. Team Rockets still on the island but I don't want them to ruin this holiday... Maybe Eric is just trying to see if your right? I'd be in denial too if I heard that news... I can't blame him." Mark said.

Lucia wearily nodded her head, "He-He got a hotel for us on the island. He'll be by later to pick me up. Cash so dad doesn't know." He shuddered a bit, "I... I just, I don't know anymore... my dad has lied to me this entire time... my mom too..."

Mark continued holding her in a hug until she wished to have her space. "...Can't say I know the right answer on how to go about things... Man... Lucia I'm sorry... if there's anything I can do. Anything at all... I don't want to see you get hurt by Team Rocket or anyone like that..." Mark said.

She wiped at her eyes, "No... Mark, I need to do this. My family might have caused this... or helped at least. We have money... I mean... just... just money. We've had it for so long. If we helped..." She just burst into more sobs there.

"There there..." Mark said, rubbing Lucia's back a bit and holding onto her. Mark stayed silent for a little while to just let Lucia breathe for a moment and get her tears out of her system. This had to be alot for the girl to take in. Not every day your relatives are in cahoots with one of the most infamous criminal groups in the world.

She kept sobbing until finally she couldn't anymore, "I... I'm sorry Mark. Just... you know." She let out a tense breath. "Okay... okay... I do have a plan though." She smiled a bit weakly, "The party is still on. You can come and we'll just have Roberto distract everyone. My dad keeps all paperwork. I think there might be some stuff around... you know?"

Mark nodded. "I gotcha. We get to the Mansion and sneak around... though... if your dad is in cohoots with Team Rocket, wouldn't he recognize me? The Grunts targeted Commodore specifically... maybe I'm just paranoid or something. Should I get some kinda disguise or something...?" Mark asked

Lucia wiped her eyes a bit more, "No. He doesn't know I know yet. If I just introduce you as a friend that Eric went out and brought there, then he wouldn't break the facade. Even if he does know who you are, he wouldn't break character in front of me. I think he doesn't want me to know anyways... and so even if you brought out Commodore he would work not to act. He's a lawyer, he knows how to keep his cool." She smiled a bit, "But what else happened while I was gone? Nothing too bad I hope."

"Well... its kind of a long story... you might want to sit down somewhere. Maybe not in the bathroom huh? Heh." Mark joked as he headed back out to the bedroom to sit down. Mark would start to explain what went down... according to his knowledge anyways. Team Rocket breaking into the TM store, Commodore being kidnapped and evolving into an out of control Pokemon only to be fixed up by his dad, and the matter that Team Rocket was making tis pressence around the academy. "I don't know what they might have done with the other students or where they're hiding. They seem to be doing their usual scheme of kidnapping Pokemon but I can feel like this is bigger..."

She frowned, "Mark... why is the school even still running? Shouldn't there be alarms sent out? Shouldn't the teachers be aware of what is going on? I mean... I went to a private school and whenever there was a guy even with a toy gun everything went into full lock down."

Mark crossed his arms and scratched at his chin. "I was thinking about that too... My Parents were even concerned about me. They knew very well about Team Rocket... The staff made the announcement about the TM store break in so the whole school knows Team Rocket is around. But think of it this way. The school has alot of protection. Members of the Elite Four are in the school as well as several gym leaders. You ever think theres more to this school then just a simple education...?" Mark said.

She looked down, "Mark... if the Elite Four are around... why didn't they raise an alarm? Why not go after stolen Pokemon or such? Why are they not saying anything?" She looked up with a questioning look.

"It would cause panic. If they announce that there's spies among the school, everyone would start getting paranoid and possibly start ruling out people as members of Team Rocket... still... I don't know. I know that the Staff is searching the island for traces of Team Rocket. Heck, the International Police are on the case too. I met some weird detective guy called Looker after I got commodore back so they're trying to do what they can." Mark tried to think about it a little more.

"...Its times like these I wish I could just go up to the Principle himself and just ask him what the freakin deal is..."

Lucia stood up, "Then do so. Mark, you're paying for this school. You have rights you know! You should be able to go to the principle and if you can't, then you know something's up. Tell him what's going on! Many times those in power don't know what is going on in the lower levels. Happens with management the entire time."

Mark nodded. "Your right. I should march my way up there and just ask him what the deal is... so much for a relaxing Christmas. I still have presents to give to a couple friends. Heh. Oh... I think I got one for you somewhere in here..." Mark said as he dug through his closet. I wanted to try and keep a positive spirit, even in these dire times. It was Christmas after all.

Mark pulled out a wrapped up present marked with Lucia's name. It felt soft... He walked back over to Lucia and placed the present in her lap. "Well go on, open it up!" Mark said with a smile. The outfit might not be very suitable for winter... but hey! That was only a couple months. Once it was warm, Mark thought it would be a pretty nice outfit! It was more designed for spring. It was a peppy styled dress. White shirt with a bow tied on it, and a dark blueish skirt. Mark felt that it would fit Lucia. He payed some decent money for it.

Lucia cocked her head, "Mark... you didn't have to." She slowly opened it up and smiled a bit, "This looks nice... I have always something more comfortable to be honest." She sat there for a while, "Mark I do have a present for you back home. I guess we can get it when we go back there..." She sighed, "I just hope that everything turns out alright though."

Mark patted Lucia's back. "I tried to come up with something good... It's the least I can do for one of my best friends here. Hope it fits. I can always return it if it doesn't... but yeah. I hope things turn out for the better. Just once I'd like to have a normal school day without problems. Christmas should be that day..." Mark said.

She smiled weakly, "I hope so too Mark. She looked back down with a frown, "So... anything special happening around here when Christmas does hit?"

"Well... we get a big Christmas tree in the center of the academy. I bet they're gonna have a big gathering in the middle. Some dinner, maybe a couple of events, Its Christmas! There's gotta be alot going down! " Mark said with a grin. "Snype's probably gonna be all over the place there. Heheh. He loves the holidays... especially causing a bit of innocent fun during those times." Mark added.

She nodded, "I hope nothing too serious." At that her phone buzzed and she looked down, "Hm... sorry, I have to go. Eric's coming by to pick me up. Uh... sorry about the window again." She made her way out of the temporary exit. "See you around Mark!" With that she quickly made her way off.

Mark layed back in his bed once Lucia left. Boy... how did all of this happen? It could have been a normal school year but no. Team Rocket had to come back for the third time or so and just make everything harder. Mark sighed... he still had a bit more to do around school. For one, he had to give Professor Gary Oak a visit... he needed some answers.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy recalled both Pokemon back to their Pokeballs and breathed in relief. That had been strangely exhausting for a battle with her own Pokemon, but hopefully things could start to change from now on. For better or worse, she'd just have to wait and see. Gathering up her things she left the arena and set off towards the Pokemon Centre. Neither Ponyta nor Shuppet were in any shape to keep training without some medical attention and ever since the incident with Team Rocket she was wary walking around without all of her Pokemon ready, even on Academy grounds.

When she arrived at the Pokemon Centre she handed Shuppet and Ponyta to the nurse. Checking the time it was clear it was still far too early yet, which meant she was going to end up with more time to kill. That probably meant more training, since nobody around seemed to be in the battling mood. Stupid Christmas cheer, making everyone reluctant to beat the snot out of each other. After having her Pokemon returned to her she left the Centre and started making her way back towards the battle arena she'd been using. At least all this extra training time would give her the edge over Mark the next time they battled.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark Wilson

Time to March on up to Professor Oak and give him a piece of his mind! Team Rocket was out and about the school and christmas was being celebrated like nothing was going on... were they that confident they could handle the situation? The best of the best were after these crooks. So what was taking so long? There were an awful lot of questions that Mark needed answering... and then he had the whole deal with Lucia's folks too. Mark had to take some time to take in all of this information. More importantly, he had to think of how he was just going to have a meeting with Professor Oak just like that...

On his way out, he quickly noticed a familiar face running out of the Pokemon Center. As soon as he figured it out, he quickly hid himself. Sammy! There she was! The girl was heading toward the battle stadium... huh? It was Christmas though... It hardly seemed like the time to go and train. Thought hen again, the Stadium would probably be empty. Either way, Mark began to follow her. They had alot to discuss.

Mark waited a moment before entering so that Sammy would get herself prepared to train. He didn't want her to run off again. He quietly entered the stadium doors and just stood there silently, crossing his arms and looking at Sammy with a neutral expression. He didn't have to say a word. She knew why he was there... well... for the most part anyways. Mark still had gifts to give but they had business to talk about first.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper - Confrontation

Once she was back inside the battle arena Sammy unclipped Ponyta's pokeball from her belt. Now she'd be able to see if the battle had any real effect on Ponyta's behaviour... it hadn't gone entirely the way she'd wanted, but the results should still be positive provided she understood the situation. How could things get any worse?

From the corner of her eye she saw someone watching her and quickly spun around. She was still worried about the police or Cubone's original trainer tracking her down, and now there was the worry of Team Rocket attacking her again added onto that. She wasn't at all ready to just accept a random stalker as anything other than dangerous and suspicious. Upon seeing Mark she frowned - it wasn't like him to just watch quietly - and relaxed slightly. At least he wasn't likely to attack her. She could tell that he wasn't happy, and it wasn't hard to guess why after the vanishing act she'd pulled at the power plant. But she'd had no choice.

"Unless you're here to battle, I'm not interested," she said defensively. "I've not got time for any festive cheer, I didn't come all the way here to slack off."

Maybe if she didn't bring it up he wouldn't either...​

Back