• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now them butterflies in my stomach won't stop stop~

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • I get butterflies when I see this guy Travis I like. But when I do see him now, a million things go through my head(because he said he would date me but I'm fat...). And he is really popular even though he doesn't really talk to anyone. But it seems wherever I am, he finds a reason to get over where I am. Like yesterday, I was talking to my friend Katlyn by her locker and this girl Justine's(she is part of the clique Travis is in)locker is in the same row as Katlyn's so Travis comes down the hallway talks to Justine. He leaned on the lockers and looked straight at me then left. It's like that a lot in the hallway and the cafeteria.

But people like him don't date people like me.

So, I get really bad butterflies when I'm around him...I feel like I wanna throw up sometimes...or just run up and hug him and never let go(:

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I guess I get butterflies from a lot of 'generic' things and the feelings that go with them. I get them when I'm about to take a particularly important exam or when something makes me nervous - like when someone goes, "I need to talk to you about something". I also get them when I speak to or see someone that I have romantic feelings for, but they're usually not that bad in that situation. The only other time I get them is when I listen to Justin Bieber. (HAPPY NAO NICA?)

Having "butterflies" usually emphasises my mood/feelings and so, in some cases, they can be unwanted. That said, sometimes I am very willing to embrace them and even enjoy them. C:

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • When I'm about to present something to a crowd or speak to a crowd, is when they get the worse. I'm just not good with crowds.

Though with girls, I blush more than I get butterflies. At least, that's how it is with this one girl. Whenever I'm looking at her or she is looking at me I blush. ;;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Hmm, I usually get them before I see my algebra tutor, he's so freaking cute and I have a crush on him :( But once I'm there it's all good.

I'll probably have them when I go to see some friends I haven't seen in like, 9 months next week. Flying for like 6 hours before hand won't help XD But I'm sure once I get there and we all hug punch each other it'll go away haha

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Around that ~person~
    when i try to talk to new people i get nervous.
    presenting/performing in front of people

not as much as i used to though, im getting more comfortable with those kinds of things
    except for the talking to new people. rey is no good with people ,mdfn,zxczx D:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Unless I form retardation over night and eat every butterfly in sight after I'm done sticking bubblegum up my butt, I don't see how it's possible to feel butterflies in your stomach. :[

Yeah, people get way too obsessed about love. If you're in love you need to get over it, because you know you're going insane when you feel insects in your stomach. ;3

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
  • - speaking in front of a large crowd (my classmates instandly unfold banners with my cursed nickname written on them)

- Walking between strangers

- Seeing friends after summer holidays again

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    When I saw the thread title, I assumed it was about Justin Bieber, and wanted to troll out of instinct. Well, it isn't about her, so that's a relief.

@topic: Yeah, I get nervous sometimes, usually when it's before a test.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • When I am at a height like about to cross a bridge (especially over water), that's the whole nervous element. I hate heights and really I just get nervous. Or before an exam or getting the results for an exam. Another one I'd say is probably when I have to present something to a large crowd of people, all those people staring. Uggh. Or doing things with people I don't know, I like my comfort zone.

Never actually had a crush on anybody, not actually looking for that type of thing at my age. But I'm guessing I probably would if I was in that situation, but I'd probably hide it as well as I could.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I get them when I think of my ex, unfortunately. The best thing to have ever happened to me, and the best thing I ever let go. Stupid me. The worst part is, it's been over a year since we broke up yet I still feel exactly the same as the first time I seen her. I've never felt that way about anyone before/since.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Not for a long time. I get them when I'm being hugged / held though. (Oh joy, I just pointed out that I almost never get hugged >_>)

Not bro-hugs though. Those are about as emotionally exciting as hugging a tree.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    When I think of a particular person. I don't have butterflies much when I'm talking to them, but whenever they're on my mind, I find that I have butterflies. I think butterflies and feeling nervous are different things, though. Most people look at them the same way, but most of the time for me, nervous and butterflies feel the same way, but the emotion I get from having butterflies is much greater and better than feeling nervous to do something. Just ranting...

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I wish those butterflies would fly through me more often. The feelings they give off can be nerve-wracking, but exciting too. Time seems to speed up and everything gets warmer and it makes me happy when I think back to that time. Which time?...Well, I usually get butterflies in my stomach when coming close to him or before a competition but nowadays, before a long run. Flap your pretty little wings, butterflies. <)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I get "butterflies" when I'm by a girl that I like or I'm up in front of a large group of people.

I hate doing speeches D:

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
  • I get them when I think of my ex, unfortunately. The best thing to have ever happened to me, and the best thing I ever let go. Stupid me. The worst part is, it's been over a year since we broke up yet I still feel exactly the same as the first time I seen her. I've never felt that way about anyone before/since.
    *hug* I feel ya, man.

As for me, the most often time I get them is when I feel lust and being intimate in general with my partner.

It's not too often but I also feel them when in the car or other rides that go ovr hills or drop suddenly. It used to be more frequent but not anymore.

I'd say my butterflies only occure when there's that moment of anticipation or even pleasant surprise. Never had that with nerves. When I'm nervous I shiver and shake (rather violently) and have trouble breathing. my chest tightens up. :/

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I get them moths in me stomach if:

Somebody approaches me in a weird manner
    In a huge crowd.
    Or if I ate my lunch in a hurry.

Back