• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your best R/S team

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
Years
What is your best R/S team[not level] in terms of destructive power [also not including legendarys]
For me Gardevoir ?calm mind, psychic, double team, sealed
Walrin ? ice beam, surf, attract, rest
Flygon ?sandstorm, earthquake/dragon claw, toxic, sand trap
Blaziken-flamethrower, bulkup, sky upper, aerial ace
Absol-sword dance, taunt, shadow ball, slash
Sceptile-leaf blade, attract, screech, slam??worked best.What do u guys think ? :nervous: ? :nervous: ? :nervous: ?...I would like to hear yours? :classic:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
if this is what you call "best team", you have a lot of reading to do in the Advanced Trainer's Guide ^_^;;

This team can be easily destroyed by semi-decent any online battling team... so beware. If you're just playing ingame then any team should be fine, but don't think about competitive plays with this.

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
Years
(ingame lv. 100's)
Metagross-Meteor Mash, Metal Claw, Psychic, Hyper Beam
Blaziken-Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Aerial Ace, Slash
Cacturne-Leech Seed, Faint Attack, Needle Arm, Sand Attack
Gyarados-Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
Sableye-Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray
Mightyena-Crunch, Iron Tail, Strength, Dig

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
Years
frostweaver said:
if this is what you call "best team", you have a lot of reading to do in the Advanced Trainer's Guide ^_^;;

This team can be easily destroyed by semi-decent any online battling team... so beware. If you're just playing ingame then any team should be fine, but don't think about competitive plays with this.

Oh wait :shocked:!! No i don't use this for competitive play -i use my R/S team for ingame only since i have only just got the game and don't know much about the new moves and pokemon except for the few hints i get online

I will read the advanced trainer guide to get better
THANKS for warning me before i use this team for competitive play.... :dead:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
E. Master said:
Can it be with cheating?, because almost all of my pokemon are cheated for.
nothing is wrong with cheating, as long as what resultant of what you used cheats for is still legal (such as a Mewtwo without 999 stats, for example). I'm ok with people using cheats as long as they stay within legal boundaries for their "cheated results."

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
well some people may still be in "ingame" stage which is anything goes... anything works for ingame really, unlike the competitive play within the strategies and movesets area.

The Vince Knight

Lyndis is pwnage! :D
Years
Well part of them are ledgendaries but I will not post them.
Starmie surf,confuse ray,swift and whrilpool
swampert Earthquake,surf,muddy water,endervour.
Absol perish song,thunderbolt,blizzard and razor wind
Selamence Fly,dragonbreath,fire blast and hyper beam
Dusclops shadow ball,psychic,strenth and ice beam
Kingdra Hydro pump,blizzard,dragon dance,hyper beam.

latias rocks

dragon trainer
Years
im not 100% sure on mine but it would proberly be
latias hyper beam,thunder,fly and flash
kyroge surf,sheer cold,water spout and blizzard
swampert surf,dive,blizzard and earthquake
rayquaza thunder,hyper beam,waterfall and fly
alitara perish song,dragon dance,sky attack and refresh
salamence or exploud or flygon

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
Years
Where on earth did this thread come from.....i had totally forgotten i had made it.

Anyway Latias rocks and Dragon_Master i think u guys should go and read frostweavers advanced trainer guide as it really helped me.....^_^.

Also i agree with u latios tamer this thread should be moved.I think i made it back when i now joined PC.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2005
I noticed no one included Thunder Wave in their team. Par can really mess your opponent's pokemon up, hence increasing your destructive power. Confuse Ray works wonders too, Ice demon.

Another thing is try not to have your pokemon have two of the same elemental attacks in your move set. You are wasting one valuble move slot.
Example: Gyarados-Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump.
Surf and Hydro Pump are both offensive water attacks. Choose one. I suggest Hydro Pump, since Gyarados's Special Attack is rather low. You will need the power, and if the PP is too low, boost it up with PP Up.

Also, make use of your stats' strengths. Again, I use the same example:
Gyarados-Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
Unless your Gyarados's Special Attack is equal or higher than its Attack, don't use all the offensive moves that runs off your Special Attack. Since there is Surf and Hydro Pump, replace one with a normal attack. Don't waste your Gyarados's power.

Nintendo removed alot of old (and useful) pokemon from R/S. I don't know what was the actual purpose of them doing it, but if you can hack out any pokemon, get some of the old ones, like Snorlax, Umbreon, Houndoom, Dragonite, Magmar, Electrabuzz, Lantern, Miltank, etc. Since you are talking about a TEAM, its good to have some supportive pokemon, like Hazers, BPers, Pesudo-Passers, and not all simply Sweepers. Pokemon does not solely run on Pokemon power and type advantages, but also on the moves as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Mine is
Swampert-earthquake, surf, ice beam, hyper beam
Gyarados-rain dance, thunder, hydro pump, ice beam
Starmie-thunderbolt, psychic, recover, confuse ray
Medicham-Psychic, Recover, Calm Mind, Double Team
Golem-earthquake, double edge, facade, flamethrower
Salemence-Crunch, flamethrower, dragon claw, fly

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I think this is considered more in-game, so it will stay here.

I personally used Metagross and Latios for the Battle Tower, like frostweaver said, in-game battling is just pure force anyways.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
for battle tower i used(lv.100)..blaziken, latias, beautifly and mightyena(ruby, being MAY)
swampert, mightyena, latios, swellow and salamence..(sapphire) who cares i lost in sapphire. BORED >OUT>TO>DEATH.

Back