• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making A Wi-fi Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyditto

Years
  • Hi everyone, Just so you know, I've never really made a Competitive Pokemon team before, I understand the basics of EV's and all that stuff.

I'm thinking of having A Togekiss, Gliscor and (Maybe?) Blissey in my team.
    Im not quite sure about the moves but I think I'll give Togekiss Heal Bell And Air Slash. (Yet Again, Not sure about the Rest of the moves)

I'm not really sure what the rest of my team will be, or what EV's I'll Invest in.

I really need suggestions from experienced Pokemon players. :)

Any help And/Or suggestions will be Appreciated :D
    (And if you suggest A pokemon, Please tell me what Nature too)
    Thanks! :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Strategies vary a lot from person to person so you should really choose things which you're used to battling with. However, pokemon such as Umbreon (amazing defences and status affecting moves) can often be under-rated...

As for your team, Togekiss is my strongest and most commonly used online battle pokemon and it usually takes down at least 2 or 3 tough opponents before starting to take much damage. So I can help you out with that one for sure! :)

Togekiss
    Nature: Ideally modest would be the best nature, but either calm or bold would work too to further increase Togekiss's defences.
    IVs: Its IVs should definitely try to have 25+ Special Attack OR Health, then 20+ in the other. Then, if possible, try to get as high as possible in both defence stats too.
    Ability: Very important factor for a Togekiss - it can either have Serene Grace (raises chance of secondary effects happening) or Hustle (raises attack power but decreases accuracy) ; it may seem obvious but a Togekiss with Hustle is a waste of a strong pokemon; only ever give it Serene Grace.
    EVs: 252 in Hp, 252 in Special Attack, 4 in Special Defence (although the 4's not overly important as this is only +1 stat at level 100!)
    Item: This can vary from battle to battle, but in general I'd suggest Leftovers, Quick Claw or a special attack boosting item.
    Moves: Aura Sphere (this is an absolute must, it's the most useful move a Togekiss can have!); Air Slash (important to have a good flying move); Hyper Beam (this'll end up blitzing most enemies); for the last move either go for an attacking move such as Flame Thrower/Shadow Ball/Psychic, or go for a move like Thunder Wave/Substitute - this really depends on your battle style.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I would use the moveset request/simple q&a sticky for this though really, you just kind of have to build the team yourself.

If you're really struggling, you can ask for advice on our PO server (info in the announcement). You should at least have 4 or 5 pokemon for an RMT (rate my team) or else the raters do the lion's share of the work. The sticky can help guide you though, as can the server...as I said before.

But yeah, this technically isn't within the rules soooo I should probably lock it.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back