• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
This game is still in development? Houndoom you drunk Irishman, I'm proud of you :P

Good to see some new developments are planned, I'll be sticking around :P

{ A.k.a. virtual chatot o; }

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Ha, thanks man :D
Nice to see you back here too.

Well, I've just finished the majority of the region map. Now to do my favourite part... adding the routes D:
But I like how it looks so far :)

--------EDIT: Big Update--------

Well, here it is. It's not as big as I would have liked it to be, as I didn't have the maps ready in time.

The Shiozu Region
Region2.png

Here it is! The new region map!

Characters

Professor Maple
Maple2-2.png

Lance
LNS2.png

Clair
Clair-1.png

Clint - Rock type gym leader
gymleader1.png

New Pokémon

Metrazor - Rock
Dimetrowlx.png

which is obtained using the Plate fossil
fossil.png

Spinosaw - Rock/Steel
Spinosawx.png

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
Nice update, I like the new character sprites and I especially love the fakemon, awesome!!!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Ohh, that's a great update, Houndoomed! The Region Map, although I wasn't expecting for us to receive an entirely new Region and new Gym Leaders, is great. The characters are great, so I can't wait to sprite their overworlds. :D

The Pokémon are simply superb. In certain aspects, they don't even look like Pokémon art, but better. Good luck! ^^

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow man, that's amazing. I really love the new sprites, though Lance's pose looks a bit odd. The fakemon are simply superb. The region map is great too. P.S. if the mapping deal is my fault, I'm really sorry. D;

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Wow! I'm very impressed! The Pokémon are fantastic! The region map is nice. Maple's sprite is great too. On Lance's sprite, there's something a little odd with his legs, though... like they're too long? I dunno... anyways... Good work. ;P

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow! I'm very impressed! The Pokémon are fantastic! The region map is nice. Maple's sprite is great too. On Lance's sprite, there's something a little odd with his legs, though... like they're too long? I dunno... anyways... Good work. ;P
Yeah! That's it. His legs look too long compared to his body(looks a bit like me, in fact).

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Glad to see this game is still making progress. I might apply for idealist...

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
i like your region map. I think its big enough. Not to mention it has the perfect amount of land mass in it.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Nice man. And holy crap your pokemon have certain edge and creativity to them that well are certainly different from any fan made mon or any pokemon i have ever seen. I also would like to inform you houndoom that i am currently in this post applying for ideas.

Username: Mitchman Is
Position Wanted: Ideas
Email Address: I do not give this out so yeah pm's are going to be used. Sorry i really dont if you want go ask arcane i mean thats what i did for his project
Experience in this position: Again go speak to arcane. he certainly knows my capabilities for ideas and such.
Examples of your work: Pokemon Lost World. I do the pokemon variant and such. But besides that i can build up a good story even a back story if you need. Also for idea for pokemon that i cant do.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Nice update, I like the new character sprites and I especially love the fakemon, awesome!!!

Thanks man :D
The sprites are by Sprite Killer, and the Pokémon by Strelitzia.

Ohh, that's a great update, Houndoomed! The Region Map, although I wasn't expecting for us to receive an entirely new Region and new Gym Leaders, is great. The characters are great, so I can't wait to sprite their overworlds. :D

The Pokémon are simply superb. In certain aspects, they don't even look like Pokémon art, but better. Good luck! ^^

Cool. Thanks :)

Wow man, that's amazing. I really love the new sprites, though Lance's pose looks a bit odd. The fakemon are simply superb. The region map is great too. P.S. if the mapping deal is my fault, I'm really sorry. D;

Haha, of course it's not. Actually, I was planning to do the beginning town myself, but didn't get around to it. Plus, I'm not that great at mapping :P

Oh, and I forget to mention, iPro is our new mapper :)

Nice man. And holy crap your pokemon have certain edge and creativity to them that well are certainly different from any fan made mon or any pokemon i have ever seen. I also would like to inform you houndoom that i am currently in this post applying for ideas.

Username: Mitchman Is
Email Address: I do not give this out so yeah pm's are going to be used. Sorry i really dont if you want go ask arcane i mean thats what i did for his project
Experience in this position: Again go speak to arcane. he certainly knows my capabilities for ideas and such.
Examples of your work: Pokemon Lost World. I do the pokemon variant and such. But besides that i can build up a good story even a back story if you need. Also for idea for pokemon that i cant do.

Thanks for the application. I'll PM you when I've made a decision.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Username: TeddiursaFan
Email Address: I'm the same way as Mitchman for email in which I don't want to give it out, and I use pms more.
Experience in this position: I work with Ryen and Mercury; I've came up with parts of the story for both games and new moves, but I'm cabable of coming up with items and abilities which I can brainstorm up easily.
Examples of your work: Ummm... I don't know how to show you my work when it comes to ideas. Well actually, you can just look in the Mercury thread for the storyline (all of it is not revealed though). I guess you can ask ShinyLugia or Ryushin about my work if they're willing to.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Awsome update Houndoomed, but lets make is better, whatta you say?

I would like to announce the next chapter in the history of Pokemon Scarlet. As I am sure you all know, unfourtunatly Houndoomed is wishing to retire from Pokemon Scarlet, and game making period. He has recently been looking for someone to take up the project. I would like to formally announce that I am that person. Houndoomed asked me a few days ago to take up the project so that he could retire. I have many wonderful things planed for this project, and I'm sure most of you know what I am capable of, so I assure you Scarlet has been left in very capable hands. So look forward to exciting updates and wonderful enhancments to this already wonderful project.

I encourage every one to check out and register at our forums, the link is in my sig! All the latest Scarlet news and information will be posted there, some of it exclusive to the forums.

I hope everyone is happy with Houndoomed and I decisions, and I am very eager to being working on this wonderful project and furthering it to a level that it deserves to be at!

Minorthreat

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Yes, and just to ensure you that Minorthreat hasn't gone completely bonkers and started thinking he was the new leader of Scarlet (:P) I can confirm that it is very much true.

I had spent a long time searching for someone to continue mine, and many other people's work, and I finally found that person with Minorthreat.

He is an excellent game maker, and I know he will do his best for this project. I have 100% belief in him :)

This also means that I will definitely be retiring from game making for good. I think it is for the best, as now I have extremely important exams coming up over the next few years, and I need more time to really study, for my own sake. Of course, it's not just this. I also don't think I have enough passion to continue anymore - but of course, I still wish that Scarlet will be one of the best Pokémon fangames out there.

I expect Minorthreat will be an excellent predecessor, and will try very hard to make Scarlet its best :)

Sincerely,
.houndoomed.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Niiiiiice.
You picked a solid developer there.
Good look Minorthreat. I know you will have the support from all of the community.
I was going to PM this to houndoomed but- I just wanted to ask....
Will you be doing transition year in September? You will have so much free time on your hands that "retiring" might not be the best option. I know how important the next 3/4 months will be for you for your life (at least until your leaving cert lol)- but after that??? You'll be soooo bored lol.
Edit: That's coming from personal experience. Transition year made me sooo lazy. I wish I skipped it.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Houndoomed is finally retiring... well I wish you my blessings, minorthreat. May this game prosper.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Minorthreat joins the fray! Yeah good choice mate. Well i guess the whole application thing is cancelled unless of course minorthreat needs those workers to help him.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Niiiiiice.
You picked a solid developer there.
Good look Minorthreat. I know you will have the support from all of the community.
I was going to PM this to houndoomed but- I just wanted to ask....
Will you be doing transition year in September? You will have so much free time on your hands that "retiring" might not be the best option. I know how important the next 3/4 months will be for you for your life (at least until your leaving cert lol)- but after that??? You'll be soooo bored lol.
Edit: That's coming from personal experience. Transition year made me sooo lazy. I wish I skipped it.

No way - it's a total waste of time imo. Plus, I want to get out of school as soon as possible :P

I think I know what I want to do after school, by the way.

Anyway, I agree that this thread should be closed and Minorthreat should make a new one when he has some work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back