• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3G Communication- Generation 3 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
  • xCzd9Kb.jpg

Current Topic:
    What Pokemon did you find stronger, the Kanto or Hoenn Pokemon?

Members List and Partner Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Cirno
    Partner Pokemon: Beautifly
    Reason for Joining: I'm a huge third generation fan! The games from this gen were my most-played and absolute favorites. I had a really fun time connecting with my friends irl.. so many great memories.

The Hoenn Pokemon had a lot more type and move diversity, at least in my eyes, so I think they'd likely come out victorious. We had powerhouses like Flygon and Metagross as well as tankers that could also dish out damage like Slaking. Kanto probably has good Pokemon like these too but I find them a little bit more predictable!

Anyway, the club layout is a bit hard to read for me. :( May I suggest fixing up the fonts/colors in the image a bit?

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • Username: Cirno
    Partner Pokemon: Beautifly
    Reason for Joining: I'm a huge third generation fan! The games from this gen were my most-played and absolute favorites. I had a really fun time connecting with my friends irl.. so many great memories.

The Hoenn Pokemon had a lot more type and move diversity, at least in my eyes, so I think they'd likely come out victorious. We had powerhouses like Flygon and Metagross as well as tankers that could also dish out damage like Slaking. Kanto probably has good Pokemon like these too but I find them a little bit more predictable!

Anyway, the club layout is a bit hard to read for me. :( May I suggest fixing up the fonts/colors in the image a bit?

I have accepted you and I will add you to the member list when I can get on a computer and stuff. And I agree now that I read it again. I think what I'll do is next time I get on the computer, change it to CSS

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Username: Olli97
    Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
    Reason for joining: I reckon the only reason I'm joining is really because I love most of the third generation games and the Pokemon it introduced. It actually took me a while to reach that point though, because initially it was waaay at the bottom of my list, because I really disliked the Pokemon designs, I didn't pay much attention to the story back when I first played through it, and disregarded the amount of effort they put into that aspect compared to the games that came before it, and it was generally just a victim of my bias of the other two generations. It really marked the end of the initial Pokemania in the area which I lived in, and I don't know if that's the reason I disliked it so much back then, but I've come to realise just how great the games actually are.

As I mentioned, they were the first games to really introduce an actual storyline, rather than just following a simple formula in the game design (aka: go gather 8 badges, beat the elite 4, catch 'em all, become the best, etc.), and it really added a lot to the games. And it's still one of my favourite storylines to date, so that's a bonus :p The Pokemon designs weren't bad either, in fact, they were actually pretty darn awesome, but when we moved into a new generation of graphics and overall capabilities of the handheld systems, meaning more colours and more depth to the designs, the Pokemon just started to feel unnatural to me, because they lacked the retro look I'd come to like. As years went by, and I got to know the designs of the next generations though, I started to lose that illusion of mind, and realised how cool the designs actually were.

I can't quite say what place it'd be on my favourite generations list, because honestly, I can't really say I like or dislike it more than other generations. Because while I, even just a year ago, would've said the first and second generation games were my favourite, they've all slowly melted together to just all become my favourites. Because they all have aspects to them that I like and dislike, and anything argument I'd have to why I'd love a certain generation over another, would be grounded by loads of nostalgia and bias.

So yeah, I'm joining, simply because I like the games and, well, the Pokemon, which is what the club is actually about :p

Eh, I honestly don't know which ones to compare. Both generation had lots of great Pokemon, and each generation has some that are stronger than others, obviously. But if I were to say one, Hoenn is the one in which I can remember most strong Pokemon. I mean, the starters in most generations are usually decent at best, apart from one (usually the Fire type starter) that just dominates everything. But the third generation starters were all pretty darn strong. Really high base stats, great type combos, and you were certain to have a good team member, no matter which one you chose. It's also the only generation to have two pseudo-legendaries, and I just remember them as all around strong and memorable Pokemon.

So yeah, definitely Hoenn :p

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • On Monday the thread will be updated with CSS instead of just a graphic and everything will go back to normal. You have both been accepted, and hopefully we can get a few more people before Monday (:

Years
  • Welcome to the club, guys! May I start a new topic since the club's gone a little quiet? It would certainly stink for a club this amazing to fall into the inactivity pit. :'<

How often have you replayed R/S/E or FR/LG? Which of these two sets of games did you enjoy more, if any? Why?

What is your favorite Hoenn Pokemon?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Username: CloysterOyster
    Partner: Gardevoir
    Reason for joining: I may not have ever played the Hoenn-era games, but rekindling my love for Pokemon has exposed me to that generation and I love the Pokemon from there.
    Answer current topic: Hoenn by the looks of it seem to have the stronger Pokemon, for several reasons, one being the different type match-ups not seen in Generation I and the abundance of powerful legendaries. Kanto still has some pretty powerful Pokemon however.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I usually played the R/S/E games way more than FR/LG because I just can't play remakes over and over it gets so boring. But my favorite Hoenn pokemon would have to be minun and plusle (if we can pick more than one) but if I couldn't pick one I would choose grovyle because he was the first pokemon I chose on emerald when I figured out that he could use leaf blade (my favorite grass type move) and I've always love the way that grovyle looked. He looks like a deadly pokemon with his leafs on his arm and his head.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Username: DynamicD
    Partner Pokemon: Metagross
    Reason for joining: I found Gen 3 to be the most enjoyable generation to date,and it was the gen that I mostly grew up with. I thought many of the pokemon had great designs, and they we're mostly well balanced too. Gen 3 is also home to my favorite line of the Pokemon movies, Destiny Deoxys being my all time favorite one. It also has my favorite legendary trio, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre.
    What pokemon did you find stronger, Gen 1 or 3?: Hmm... I would say it's a pretty close match, but I think Gen 3 just barely beats 1. First of all, Gen 3 has much more advanced starters. Blaziken is pretty overpowered, and Swampert and Sceptile are pretty good as well. Gen 3 has 2 psuedos instead of just Dragonite. Metagross is both a tank and powerhouse, and Salamence is a great speed attacker. I actually found gen 3 to be pretty hard, at least the first time I played it in years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back